Where was Cody Glenn?

Just wanted to say welcome to all the new members who seem to have followed the C-train to Husker Nation. We appreciate the insight you can offer on your experience watching him play - he definitely seems to have a pretty avid fan base, which Im sure is as much of a testament to his character as his physical skills. Again, glad to have you around, and feel free to join in on any discussion you would like.

And dont forget to make some plans to get to Lincoln for a game to cheer on your boy. Just let us know when you'll be in town and we'll treat you right. :cheers

Callahan will get better at play calling. I can see trying to throw it in once. But with our stable of backs a ball on the two needs to be punched in. We were fortunate this wasn't a close game. Between the fumbles, interceptions and lost opportunities in the red zone we could have easily lost.

I quess Callahan still has his mind in the pros, pro-style offense and all.

you know, i have been thinking more about the play calling at the goal line....true the guys up front had not blocked well for the running game, BUT imagine the message Cally sent to the O line when he refused to let a back try to run it in so close to the goal line.....that decision would send a clear message to me if i was on the O-line......."i have no confidence that we can even make a yard on a dive play, or even call a QB bootleg"......not very inspiring for anyone on the offense, whether on the line or in the backfield.......i hope we don't see this again, even with a minute left, we could have taken one shot at punching it across.......

hunter

Coach Callahan makes me sick. Makes Cody Glenn his short yardage back...and DOESNT play him in a NUMBER of short yardage situations. I've never been this mad at a individual before. Throwing the ball inside the 5 yard line, NOT using your biggest back when you have a chance to.

I truly feel sorry for Glenn, because I KNOW what he can do, i've seen it. And he isnt given a chance to. I wish they would just make a decision to red-shirt him or let him have the ball. Not waste a year of playing. I know it is early, but why not JUST ONE CARRY, or a few.

Whew, i'm sorry to anyone who doesn't like this post, but i'm pissed.

Coach Callahan makes me sick. Makes Cody Glenn his short yardage back...and DOESNT play him in a NUMBER of short yardage situations. I've never been this mad at a individual before. Throwing the ball inside the 5 yard line, NOT using your biggest back when you have a chance to.

I truly feel sorry for Glenn, because I KNOW what he can do, i've seen it. And he isnt given a chance to. I wish they would just make a decision to red-shirt him or let him have the ball. Not waste a year of playing. I know it is early, but why not JUST ONE CARRY, or a few.

Without blocking, it doesn't matter who's carrying the ball.

Considering the blocking is somewhat lacking on run offense maybe Cody redshirting is a good thing. I believe you when you say he is good. But he cant carry the O line on his shoulders and this aint HS football anymore. I have seen film of him in HS and he makes the kids look like elementary school.

GBR

hope UT pulls it out from OSU.

Not taking anything away from you, I agree he should be used in short yardage situations, but when did Coach C say he was his short yardage back?