Huskers Team Hotel

Seattle Red

Had a late lunch at Wendy's and as I was leaving I see a couple guys outside in Nebraska red athletic pants and tops. I say hi and introduce myself. I ask them if they are going to the game. One of them answers, "Yep, we're playing in the game". Turns out it's Tyler Legate and his buddy Kevin Thomsen. The team is checked in to the Hyatt Hotel in downtown Bellevue (5 star hotel right next to Wendy's, WTF?) They said they were both hungry as hell and we're wishing they could pop into Wendy's for some chow but had to wait another hour to eat with the team (apparently against team rules to eat anywhere but with the team-- especially fast food junk).

Anyway, for those in town who don't have other plans, swing on over to the Hyatt in downtown Bellevue and you might get to meet some players/coaches. They said they are going to a movie tonight (The Town) across the street at Lincoln Towne Center. I'm sure that the team reserved one of the theaters, so you won't be able to watch the movie with them but it's another opportunity to meet the team. I forgot to ask what time they were going to the movie, but it's probably fairly soon after they eat at 4pm PT.

I was dressed down as such that I didn't feel comfortable going hanging out in the Hyatt in my slacker outfit, so I came home to change and head back downtown to see who else I can meet. Gonna hang out at the hotel first, then head over to the theater. Maybe I'll see some of you there. I'll be wearing a red Husker sweatshirt and a black Huskie hat with the purple W.

Had a late lunch at Wendy's and as I was leaving I see a couple guys outside in Nebraska red athletic pants and tops. I say hi and introduce myself. I ask them if they are going to the game. One of them answers, "Yep, we're playing in the game". Turns out it's Tyler Legate and his buddy Kevin Thomsen. The team is checked in to the Hyatt Hotel in downtown Bellevue (5 star hotel right next to Wendy's, WTF?) They said they were both hungry as hell and we're wishing they could pop into Wendy's for some chow but had to wait another hour to eat with the team (apparently against team rules to eat anywhere but with the team-- especially fast food junk).

Anyway, for those in town who don't have other plans, swing on over to the Hyatt in downtown Bellevue and you might get to meet some players/coaches. They said they are going to a movie tonight (The Town) across the street at Lincoln Towne Center. I'm sure that the team reserved one of the theaters, so you won't be able to watch the movie with them but it's another opportunity to meet the team. I forgot to ask what time they were going to the movie, but it's probably fairly soon after they eat at 4pm PT.

I was dressed down as such that I didn't feel comfortable going hanging out in the Hyatt in my slacker outfit, so I came home to change and head back downtown to see who I can else I can meet. Gonna hang out at the hotel first, then head over to the theater. Maybe I'll see some of you there. I'll be wearing a read Husker sweatshirt and a black Huskie hat with the purple W.

"STALKER" :hellloooo

It took me a little too long to get changed and back to downtown Bellevue. So, I went straight to the theater and the the last of the team was just going into their private viewing of the movie. I asked the theater staff what time the movie was over and they said around 7pm PT.

There is NO RED over here in Bellevue except me and the team! For those of you in town, it's not far to Bellevue from downtown Seattle (10 minutes if it's not rush hour). Catch a cab over right now and show some RED and some love for the team! I'll be standing out on the corner of NE 8th and Bellevue Way in front of the Hyatt hotel waiting to wish the team well, shake some hands and maybe get an autograph or two for some relatives.

GBR!!!!

Seriously starting to get a little strange with these updates. I believe the appropriate word was used about two posts above. How about we let the team start to lock in and focus on their sole purpose for even being in Seattle and that is to kick a little ass.

Yeah, you're right. This team is so undisciplined that they couldn't possibly keep their focus if a few fans cheered them on and slapped them some high fives on their way back to the hotel. :wtf

Seriously starting to get a little strange with these updates. I believe the appropriate word was used about two posts above. How about we let the team start to lock in and focus on their sole purpose for even being in Seattle and that is to kick a little ass.

I don't think they guy is hurting anything. Not sure we need to call him a stalker because he wants to get a few autographs..

I live in and grew up in Lincoln and see the guys and coaches all the time. I'm not an "autograph" kinda guy myself and have never approached anyone but see locals asking for photos and handshakes all the time. They are used to it and generally don't seem to mind.

• Fire 1

OK. Here is my final update on this thread.

I just high-fived, fist bumped and shook hands with EVERY SINGLE PLAYER on the team! I got back to the mall just as they were leaving the theater and coming down the escalator on the way back to the hotel. I was a one man welcoming committee from the Eastside and I wished every single one good luck in the game and told each of them to kick some Husky ass and make us all proud. They were all friendly and cool, yet seemed calm and focused. I don't know the faces of every player on the team, but here are the ones I slapped some skin with that I recognized:

T-Mart

Cody Green

Zac Lee

Roy Helu

Rex Burkhead

Tyler Legate

Niles Paul

Jared Crick

Amukamara

DeJon Gomes

I'm not big on the autograph thing, but was willing to try to get a few for the nephews if it seemed appropriate. However, they looked like they were ready to get straight back to the hotel and into the sack so I never even tried to bug anyone for an autograph. Zac Lee was the most friendly of all and probably would have given me a scratch if I asked, but I didn't press it since it's really not my style.

I didn't see any of the coaches, so I assume they were back in the hotel working on the final game plan, etc.

I tried to take pictures with my IPhone as they came down the escalator, but I was so busy shaking hands and trying to work the camera at the same time that almost all of the pictures came out blurry. The couple that weren't blurry, I don't recognize the guys in the picture and I'm not sure if anyone could due to the low resolution of my 2nd gen IPhone camera.

Anyway, I'm pumped to have had the chance to meet the team in person and wish them luck in tomorrow's game!

GBR!!!

Hey, I like your posts! Keep us updated!!!

I agree. This is a Husker fan that doesn't get the opportunity like most of us get living here in Nebraska. We get to watch Nebraka every other Saturdays so I say soak this up cause Nebraska doesn't play Washington on a daily basis. Go out and meet the players but remember they need their beauty sleep cause we need to win tomorrow. Thanks for the updates!

I was dressed down as such that I didn't feel comfortable going hanging out in the Hyatt in my slacker outfit, so I came home to change and head back downtown to see who else I can meet. Gonna hang out at the hotel first, then head over to the theater. Maybe I'll see some of you there. I'll be wearing a red Husker sweatshirt and a black Huskie hat with the purple W.

I am guessing that rule in place for the same reason us Law Enforcement guys aren't allowed to take free food. You never know when it might be poisoned. I could see where fans of an opposing team working at Wendy's moping the floor with the hamburger pattie and fries.

How did T-Mart look??

Nervous? Tired? Anxious?

:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh

T-Mart was joking it up some with whoever he was hanging with. He looked like he was having a good time and didn't seem nervous or anxious at all. I actually almost missed him, as he came down the escalator with a large pack of players. He brushed right by me and suddenly I recognized him inches from my face and managed to pat him on the back and said "Good Luck Taylor. Shred them dawgs!" He smiled back confidently, then turned on the jets and a split second later he had covered half a city block and was across the street at the hotel waiting for the rest of the team. ;-) OK, I made that last part up. He just smiled back and walked off into the sunset with the rest of the team...