Cody Green

People just can't grasp that Cody is the 2nd string QB for the 2nd season, and someone who redshirted came up and took the starting job ahead of him. All he is trying to do is make something happen, unfortunately when you try that you make mistakes, and that is what happened to Cody. He is trying to show off and fight for that starting position too, he just shot himself in the foot, twice.

Get over it, he is still the backup QB.

Rewatching the game right now and very impressed with Henry after Green's 1st carry/turnover. Very heady play where he came back from the line of scrimmage to tackle the player who recovered the fumble. Jones was there too, but not sure if he had the angle on the runner.

Didn't matter in the long run of things anyway, but still a good heads up play by Henry.

I think his fumbling is now more mental than anything (see Iowa State 09). It's easy to cough up the ball when you're squeezing it as hard as you can and it's easy to cough it up when you're holding it like a loaf of bread. The key to ball control is somewhere in between. I imagine they'll have him hit the ball control drills pretty hard this week.

I am getting the feeling that people are saddened that because we FINALLY have some depth out there, they feel bad for leaving talent on the sideline. Its what we have worked for, for so many years. It feels good to finally be in this position, leave skilled players out because we have even better skilled players on the turf.

I was disappointed to see Cody Green come in when he did. Before he fumbled. I just didn't see the thinking of the coaches there. Martinez is obviously the starter, and if you are on the road up by 2 touchdowns before half, you don't change anything that was already working. Wrong move, wrong time IMO.

Watson and Bo made a statement last week, that the gameplan they had for the past weeks (stsrt Martinez, bring in Green in the 2nd quarter) was something they wanted to do during the first few games. So to bring in Green in the 2nd quarter shouldn't surprise people, unless you are really saddled into the idea that Martinez should be playing all 4 quarters or something like that. I don't think it made it a difference what the score was, Cody Green was coming into the picture during the 2nd quarter to give Martinez a break.

As i said before, what we saw from Green was a true sophomore trying to shine brighter than a highly revered redshirt freshman.

I was disappointed to see Cody Green come in when he did. Before he fumbled. I just didn't see the thinking of the coaches there. Martinez is obviously the starter, and if you are on the road up by 2 touchdowns before half, you don't change anything that was already working. Wrong move, wrong time IMO.

...snip...

unless you are really saddled into the idea that Martinez should be playing all 4 quarters or something like that.

...snip...

Is that really odd thinking or something?

...snip...

unless you are really saddled into the idea that Martinez should be playing all 4 quarters or something like that.

...snip...

Is that really odd thinking or something?

Nope, just that not seeing Taylor Martinez playing all 4 quarters surprised you.

Cody has had his problems as of late. That said hes the backup QB. That means hes one play from being the stating QB.

It seems to me he needs to control his emotions, get whats there and get another play. I see hes struggling, but also see his potential.

Yes re: emotions. That second fumble was almost lost while he was too busy pounding the turf to display his anguish and missed the ball bouncing around in front of him.