Vote T-Mart for the Davey O'Brien Award

As stated before these polls are a joke, especially if our fan base gets involved with them.

And I must admint I have seen nothing from Taylor to think he is the best QB in the country, not even in the top 10-15 as far as I am concerned. He has been dynamic at times against less than stellar competition, lack luster against lower compettition. Over running polls like this is the reason we have the title as the most unrealistic fans in the world.

When we have something that is the best, that is the time to vote for them, then it means something. If he were to win it would be a joke.

+1 ya on this. It is great that so many of us back the Cornhuskers in so many different ways. But as skersfan said there is a time and place for everything andnlast sentance hit the nail on the head.

By the way isn't it slightly ironic that the O'Brien trophey is an arm throwing the ball and Taylor has shown a pretty inept ability to do so so far? :dunno

First off there is nothing wrong with voting for these polls, it counts for five percent of the decision. The rules are you can votte once for day we are not over running the polls. If you no of someone creating several email adress to vote more than once per day than I agree with you. Other than that we aren't doing anything differant than any other fan base.

Yes I see the Irony of the trophy in a throwing stance but running qbs have won it before. Michael Bishop won it in 98 and Crouch in 01.

For those who would like to get Taylor into the discussion he is only 5 votes behind Landry.

As stated before these polls are a joke, especially if our fan base gets involved with them.

And I must admint I have seen nothing from Taylor to think he is the best QB in the country, not even in the top 10-15 as far as I am concerned. He has been dynamic at times against less than stellar competition, lack luster against lower compettition. Over running polls like this is the reason we have the title as the most unrealistic fans in the world.

When we have something that is the best, that is the time to vote for them, then it means something. If he were to win it would be a joke.

+1 ya on this. It is great that so many of us back the Cornhuskers in so many different ways. But as skersfan said there is a time and place for everything andnlast sentance hit the nail on the head.

By the way isn't it slightly ironic that the O'Brien trophey is an arm throwing the ball and Taylor has shown a pretty inept ability to do so so far? :dunno

First off there is nothing wrong with voting for these polls, it counts for five percent of the decision. The rules are you can votte once for day we are not over running the polls. If you no of someone creating several email adress to vote more than once per day than I agree with you. Other than that we aren't doing anything differant than any other fan base.

Yes I see the Irony of the trophy in a throwing stance but running qbs have won it before. Michael Bishop won it in 98 and Crouch in 01.

For those who would like to get Taylor into the discussion he is only 5 votes behind Landry.

His point was why am I going to vote for a QB who does not deserve the award? If you really believe Taylor deserves it then you need to take off the rose colored glasses.

He doesn't deserve it, I'm not going to sit and be biased because he is a Husker. This is the problem with awards in the first place. It's a popularity contest and not necc. the best.

His point was why am I going to vote for a QB who does not deserve the award? If you really believe Taylor deserves it then you need to take off the rose colored glasses.

He doesn't deserve it, I'm not going to sit and be biased because he is a Husker. This is the problem with awards in the first place. It's a popularity contest and not necc. the best.

:yeah

If I eould vote on the top three QB'a in America it would look like this.

3. Ryan Mallet, Arkansas. The dude is huge and has a friggin canoon hanging from his right shoulder. Just has a propencity to throw the ball to the wrong team. He will be the first QB drafted and probably the first pick over all in April. Congrats Cleveland or Buffalo.

2. Dennard "Shoelaces" Robinson, MIchigan. The guy is a freak of nature. A threat to run and throw for 200 every Saturday. Can he keep it up all season and stay healthy with his number of totes each game.

And at 1. Kellen Moore, Boise State. Say all ya want against he plays against nobody, but the guy has ice in his veins. He never gets flustered and shows up mightily for the big games. All he does is complete passes, throw TDs, and very rarely throws it to the other team. (39 TDs to 3 picks last year, 11 Td's to one pick so far this year) Seriously would've won the Heisman last year if he played at a bigger school and probably is the favorite this year in the same scenario. He better be invited to New York

I'm not sure that he doesn't deserve it, He has perfomred as good or better than the othe qb's on that list, based on the description of the award.

The Davey O’Brien National Quarterback Award® (The O’Brien) honors the nation’s best college quarterback and is the nation's oldest and most prestigious quarterback award. The O’Brien honors candidates who exemplify Davey O’Brien’s enduring character while exhibiting teamwork, sportsmanship and leadership in both academics and athletics.

Link

Before you call it a popularity contest maybe you should read the selection process

Kansas,

If he performs at the same level of the first three games during the next four then possibly he deserves to be mentioned.

We are homers, all of us have it in us. I fight it on a regular basis, because I love this sport, not just Nebraska football. I want to see our kids rewarded when they do the job, and I am just as happy when a kid from Kansas wins the award, I tend to be for our conference at that level.

We have played no one, other than Washington, which looked pretty good last night, despite the rushing yardage they gave up. But against a team he should have ran wild on, they figured out a way to stop him, pretty much cold. If SDS can figure that out, I expect most Big 12 DC will have a good chance of doing it. But if he is able to do the job against BCS conference defenses, I will agree he should be on the list. Still do not see him as the best by any stretch.

But, I never vote in these polls.