SDS game

np_husker

as irrelevent as this game is to us and everyone around the country....it is the biggest game for south dakota state in about forever. dont think they are not excited to be here. we will get their best effort.

Reading an article where their coach was quoted, I'm not so sure. He basically said that his players just want to get out of town injury free and that after two horrible losses, they are not in a great mindset right now.

I hope our starters, especially the OL play about one quarter, get a nice lead and rest. Let the backups play and develop some more depth at all positions. Let Green and Lee go out and get their turn as well.

I hate the fact that we are playing such a cupcake this week. Reading about games across the country and we aren't even listed because our game is irrelevant. I just hope we walk away with no injuries.

Have you seen the Big X schedule for the weekend. Hell we already fit right in.

Other than Arkansas playing good so far and making the Bama game relevent. There are not really that great of games this weekend. LSU/WVU is a close second. The OU game lost its luster when Cincy started sucking, and I won't even touch the Whorns game.

That's why I am actually glad to be going to the scrimmage tomorrow night. Just a bad Saturday of college ball.

We're in the red on entertainment value, yes, but looking at the big picture...

We're guaranteed––yes, guaranteed––to walk into conference play 4-0 with 4 crushing Ws. Before we head into K-state, we get what basically amounts to a major scrimmage during a second bi-week against SDS. Our first teamers should have no reason to see snaps in the second half, giving our backups some reps in a game atmosphere and a nice little tuneup before the real fun begins. It's a chance to get some R&R and start shifting our gameplan for the next two opponents who will be running the ball like mad.

I'm as underwhelmed as the next observant person. This is a joke of a game to top off a joke of a non-con schedule. Yet here we are, 6th in the nation, relatively healthy, and we get extra time to prepare for the conference run. Could be worse.