Who would you like to play in bowl game?

cb1954

Bowl Game Foe  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

boise pussed out of a series with us? how did i not hear about this

I voted Boise for this reason.

There was a lot of talk of starting up a series next year, whether it be 1-1, 1-1-1, whatever. Deal breaker was Boise St wanted us to pay them roughly a Mill to come to Lincoln to play us. They came out of it to most of the media sounding like the "we'll play anyone, anywhere" mentality, but in reality - you have to add "for a price". Only those that read all of the story and not just what ESPN reported have the correct perspective on it.

Seriously - why would we pay them a Mill to come play us here. We don't even pay the sacrificial lambs that much.

EDIT: I want to edit this and say I think Boise State IS a great team - but don't act like your "stuff" don't stink and that you will play anyone, anywhere, when that is not true! It deserves a NU beatdown :bonesflag:

I voted Boise for this reason.

There was a lot of talk of starting up a series next year, whether it be 1-1, 1-1-1, whatever. Deal breaker was Boise St wanted us to pay them roughly a Mill to come to Lincoln to play us. They came out of it to most of the media sounding like the "we'll play anyone, anywhere" mentality, but in reality - you have to add "for a price". Only those that read all of the story and not just what ESPN reported have the correct perspective on it.

Seriously - why would we pay them a Mill to come play us here. We don't even pay the sacrificial lambs that much.

EDIT: I want to edit this and say I think Boise State IS a great team - but don't act like your "stuff" don't stink and that you will play anyone, anywhere, when that is not true! It deserves a NU beatdown :bonesflag:

Here is an OWH article talking about the negotiations for the NU-Boise game, for huskerfan09:

In the past year, NU tried to put together a series with BSU; two-for-one, home-and-home, one-way trip to Lincoln. Whatever. It ended up fizzling out. Why?

Because, according to NU Assistant Athletic Director Jeff Jamrog, Boise wanted a minimum $1 million to play in Lincoln. linky

Boise says they'll play anyone, anywhere. But if a legit team tries to negotiate with them Boise hikes the price for playing them to some unreasonable amount. I'd say that's pussing out. If Boise wants to play with the big boys they shouldn't require a $1,000,000 cupcake payout.

Yeah, here is an Idaho paper article from last January. I think there may have been an offer of 1 game in Lincoln, 1 in Boise and maybe a 3rd in Denver, but I can't find a link for that story.

Will Boise State football play Nebraska starting in 2015?

Statesman staff - Idaho Statesman

Published: 01/16/10

Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne has offered Boise State a 2-for-1 scheduling proposal, he said Friday on the Idaho Sports Talk with Caves and Prater radio show on KTIK. The proposal calls for two games in Lincoln, Neb., and one in Bronco Stadium, with the series starting in 2015, Osborne said. Boise State officials were not available for comment late Friday afternoon.

Read more: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/01/16/1043693/will-boise-state-foootball-play.html#ixzz10mSIhwqd

Click Here