Time of Texas Game?

Sounds like we will know Monday. Although I think they can defer one more week, although at this point I wouldn't think it necessary, the background of the game should be enough to take the 2:30 slot.

Do you know the maximum number of times they can defer? I know they have done it at least once already this year with the UT vs UCLA game. I'm pretty sure there is a limit.

Sounds like we will know Monday. Although I think they can defer one more week, although at this point I wouldn't think it necessary, the background of the game should be enough to take the 2:30 slot.

Do you know the maximum number of times they can defer? I know they have done it at least once already this year with the UT vs UCLA game. I'm pretty sure there is a limit.

Sorry I dont know how many deferments they can use. All I have heard is they could defer.

If I had to guess, I'd say it'll be a 2:30 game. Iowa plays Michigan at 2:30 as well, so I'm guessing there will be a regional divide between ABC and ESPN for those two games.

I also noticed that ESPN2 has open slots for 5:00 and 8:15 while ESPN will televise Ohio State/Wisconsin at 6:00. I'd be good with either the 5:00 or 8:15 time slot on ESPN2, so that's another possibility. As I mentioned in another thread, Nebraska and Oklahoma played each other at night on ABC regionally and on ESPN2 outside of its region last year when both teams already had 3 losses. Oklahoma was ranked #20 while Nebraska was unranked. So it's still possible that NU/UT could snag up a night time slot on ESPN2 at either 5:00 or 8:15.

If I had to guess, I'd say it'll be a 2:30 game. Iowa plays Michigan at 2:30 as well, so I'm guessing there will be a regional divide between ABC and ESPN for those two games.

I also noticed that ESPN2 has open slots for 5:00 and 8:15 while ESPN will televise Ohio State/Wisconsin at 6:00. I'd be good with either the 5:00 or 8:15 time slot on ESPN2, so that's another possibility. As I mentioned in another thread, Nebraska and Oklahoma played each other at night on ABC regionally and on ESPN2 outside of its region last year when both teams already had 3 losses. Oklahoma was ranked #20 while Nebraska was unranked. So it's still possible that NU/UT could snag up a night time slot on ESPN2 at either 5:00 or 8:15.

I think this is still possible. Iowa/Michigan has the 2:30 slot on abc. I dont think ABC would broadcast 2 games in the same region during that time slot.

At first I thought this game would snag that 8:15 for sure slot even if Texas had one loss. But with the recent suckiness Texas has had, it wouldnt be surprised if the game was at 11am.

I think this is still possible. Iowa/Michigan has the 2:30 slot on abc. I dont think ABC would broadcast 2 games in the same region during that time slot.

At first I thought this game would snag that 8:15 for sure slot even if Texas had one loss. But with the recent suckiness Texas has had, it wouldnt be surprised if the game was at 11am.

What I meant by regional divide is that if ABC decides they're going to televise Iowa/Michigan, then ESPN could still pick up NU/UT at 2:30 as well. Iowa/Michigan would then get mirrored on ESPN2 for those outside of its region. Look at this link for a better description of what I mean.

What I meant by regional divide is that if ABC decides they're going to televise Iowa/Michigan, then ESPN could still pick up NU/UT at 2:30 as well. Iowa/Michigan would then get mirrored on ESPN2 for those outside of its region. Look at this link for a better description of what I mean.

Yea, the game could get mirrored. But it still doesnt make sense to do 2 games in the same region and then mirror one of them depending on the area. But I guess we will find out tomorrow.

If i was abc/espn I would put NU/Texas on one of the night slots on ESPN and then pick up an east coast game for the 2:30 game to be mirrored.

Yea, the game could get mirrored. But it still doesnt make sense to do 2 games in the same region and then mirror one of them depending on the area. But I guess we will find out tomorrow.

If i was abc/espn I would put NU/Texas on one of the night slots on ESPN and then pick up an east coast game for the 2:30 game to be mirrored.

While it might not make sense, it happens all the time. TV execs sort it out accordingly. Like the link I provided above, both Nebraska and Wisconsin were playing on ABC @ 2:30 in their respective regions while being mirrored on ESPN2 outside of their respective regions. That's just one example of such a scenario.

I don't think ABC considers the Big 12 and Big 10 to be the same region. They had OU-TX and Wisconsin-Michigan St on at the same time yesterday, this would be about the same thing. My fear is that they will not only show NU-UT and Iowa/Mich, but also an ACC game that I'll get, which means a PPV Husker game for me, in SD. I'd much rather the game be on ESPN2 at any time.

I thought there was some NASCAR issue with ABC that night... Although I would be down with a late night ESPN2 slot... Even 5 would be cool...

I don't think ABC considers the Big 12 and Big 10 to be the same region. They had OU-TX and Wisconsin-Michigan St on at the same time yesterday, this would be about the same thing. My fear is that they will not only show NU-UT and Iowa/Mich, but also an ACC game that I'll get, which means a PPV Husker game for me, in SD. I'd much rather the game be on ESPN2 at any time.

My point exactly.

Here is a list of Oct. 16th games that are in TBA status for time and network. I only showed games where at least one team is ranked in either AP and/or Coaches poll with an asterisk next to the ranked team as of today's poll rankings.

*Arizona @ Washington State

*Arkansas @ *Auburn

Boston College @ *Florida State

Iowa State @ *Oklahoma

*Miami @ Duke

Mississippi State @ *Florida

*Missouri @ Texas A&M

*Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech

*South Carolina @ Kentucky

Texas @ *Nebraska

I thought there was some NASCAR issue with ABC that night... Although I would be down with a late night ESPN2 slot... Even 5 would be cool...

The night time slot on ABC is filled with Nascar. Not the 2:30 slot.