Is Carl Pelini a top 20 Defensive Coordinator?

NUance

But in Scoring Defense, you're 40th in the nation and 5th in the Conference (NU is 7th and 1st respectively in Scoring Defense) No doubt Muschamp is a great D-Coord but in 2010 so far, your defense is struggling. That's why I have a hard time with him being ranked so high.

You have to take into account that 7 points, i.e. 1.4 per game, were on a pick-six, and also several opponents' drives started in our own red zone (I think it's 5?) and a bunch more on our half of the 50 after turnovers. Our D has only struggled in two halves -- the first half against OU (tip of the cap to their gameplan, but we adjusted at the half very well) and the second half against UCLA (when the D was exhausted from being on the field almost non-stop). Granted, we should have played better in both of those halves, but I wouldn't say our defense is struggling. It would help if our idiot OC would ever let Gilbert throw past the marker on third down so we could keep a drive going once in a while and let the D get a breather.

You have to remember how hideous we were on defense in '06 and '07 to appreciate what Muschamp has done.