Tailgating

cjreta

In the past you could park at the car dealership or Lincoln Action Program just across the bridge, but no tailgating there really. You can also park up along 22nd+ streets in the neighborhoods without tailgating. Most of the tailgating is done down around the stadium and fairground areas. I've never parked across the walkbridge so I can't tell you about over there.

You could prob park at Haymarket park. I think its 20 bucks or something, Im sure theirs some serious tailgating going on in there. I always see RVs and what not in their. Then you can take the pedestrian bridge over the stadium.

Also, you could go to the indian village church parking lot(i think thats whats its called). Very nice group of people that coordinate the parking and everything. Its on 10th street right by the army building, just west of the devaney sports center, north of the stadium. Basically turn south on 11th at Cornhusker stay in the left lane and you cant miss it. Theirs is a ton of tailgating going on, but i would say half the crowd is college kids. Ive tailgated hear quite a bit for the games i go to. Best advice is come early, dont plan on leaving right after the game and dont use the port a johns after the game. 10 bucks to park last i knew, but i havent been to a home game yet this season so i dont know for sure.

What about that lot under viadock-9th street maybe? It's at the edge of the pedestrian bridge. I know that some of the spots rent annually, but I thought I saw a sign for rv parking per day. That parking lot rocks on gameday and you can have the alumni band play for you for a small donation.

There are many tail gates under 9th street, but it is quite expensive to rent space from Polygon as it is their parking area.

The lots north of Hay Market are great and it is reasonable to park their, numerous tail gates going on and not to far to walk to the stadium.

Thanks everyone! Im trying to plan the weekend. Maybe act young again. LOL Im actually a Texas fan from Illinois. I hear the Nebraska fans are some of the best in the country and Im looking forward to this trip! Nebraska is looking pretty good and Texas has a tough game ahead of them. Thanks again.

I'm a native Nebraskan coming home for the Texas game. A group of my friends from college have started an annual tradition of traveling to a new college stadium every year, and Memorial was picked this season. We've rented a bus to drive down from Omaha on Saturday morning. Basically, we're 20+ 30-year-old gentlemen looking to relive our glory days of drinking all day and watching football away from the women.

I'm hoping to get some advice re: tailgating. My main questions:

1.) What are the best tailgating lots for parking a bus all day (lots that allow drinking and will have plenty of fun, like-minded folks)?

2.) What is the estimated cost?

3.) What time would we need to be down there to secure a spot (keeping in mind this is the Texas game)?

Any help is appreciated. I want to wow my buddy's who are making their first trip down. GBR!

I just posted a similar question. I have a large group coming down from Omaha via bus on Saturday. Haymarket is a good location and was in my mind for our tailgate spot. Curious what time you need to get to the lot in order to make sure you'll have a spot to tailgate?

I just posted a similar question. I have a large group coming down from Omaha via bus on Saturday. Haymarket is a good location and was in my mind for our tailgate spot. Curious what time you need to get to the lot in order to make sure you'll have a spot to tailgate?

If you go the indian village parking lot, that mention in my post. I would recommend like 6am or 7am. I know thats our tentative plan right now.

Thanks everyone! Im trying to plan the weekend. Maybe act young again. LOL Im actually a Texas fan from Illinois. I hear the Nebraska fans are some of the best in the country and Im looking forward to this trip! Nebraska is looking pretty good and Texas has a tough game ahead of them. Thanks again.

The golds lot on 10 and N is a huge party lot. For 300 some guy brought in a band, people with RVs show up Friday night and start... Its nuts. They will sell out fast that day so get in early.... Also its nice for getting out, you can turn on a one way and head straight up 180, or go one block over and head south.... Also you walk past Embassy on the way to/from the game so you can grab a beer and pee in a clean (well at least it flushes) toilet..