Letter to Students from Tom

Sometimes I wonder how much of what we hear about notoriously bad fans like Texas Tech, Bama, LSU, etc. is fact or fiction. Visitors being spit on, having beer thrown at them, tires slashed, verbal or even physical assault. One good thing we have going at Memorial (well the whole campus) is no alcohol; I love beer as much as the next guy but there's no need for it at college football games that fans are already very emotional about. That's another thing we can thank TO for. It's great that our fans care more about seeing good football than getting drunk and being stupid.

I don't recall hearing such things about fans at Tech, Bama or LSU. I remember hearing things like that about Colorado, Missouri and Kansas State. Overall I think the reputation of Texas and Texas fans is pretty good - it's just the fringe on Shaggy Bevo that gives them a bad name.

This Texas hate needs to stop now. We are turning into Colorado. Did anyone notice we were in danger of losing a game to......South Dakota State. Everyone was so hell bent on this Texas game that we lost track of who we were....who we are. Nebraska is bigger than Texas. I can say that because I bleed red...always have and always will. We have a tradition that takes a back seat to no one. This Husker team is rising right now under a phenom of a coach and under the guidance the best AD in the country. Nebraska is about to build on its tradition of excellence. Texas has gotten our goat for a while. They had better teams than we had, but we are coming back. I look forward to the chance to beat Texas on Saturday, but I don't know why all of you guys hate the Longhorns so badly. I cheered when they beat USC. I didn't mind their string of success against Oklahoma either. For about a decade now, the Longhorns have had perfect position to get get themselves some titles and they've scored one. Again, I say, there is nothing at Texas that we have to react this way towards. And here is another fact...a win on Saturday will be better than a win last year at the dang Big 12 title game because it would signal that we are in the hunt for MNC NO. 6. I think we would still have plenty of work to do, don't get me wrong, but I think the win will signal that we are ready to take the next step. What would a win last year prove? That we could beat a Texas team that was overlooking us and, in doing so, enter the BCS series as a three-loss team. We might have gotten more from the Texas loss than we would have gotten from a Texas win. FACT.

Take this stance, let's beat Texas on Saturday, then cheer for them the rest of the way and hope they run the table. It just makes us look that much better.

Cheer for Texass when? Yeah, maybe when hell freezes over (assuming there are no other choices). You don't get it. We let Texass in this conference when their SWC imploded-and due do Don Dikcforbrains Bebee and a bunch of other spineless AD's in this conference, we handed the whole thing over to them on a silver platter. Capiche?

Try sitting in an airport and having some old hag run her mouth for 30 minutes in your year about how wonderful everything about Texass is just because you have a NU hat on. As far as I'm concerned, the whole dump can get nuked, get given back to Mexico or fall in the ocean.

I hate everything about them, their attitude, their disgusting baby sh!t orange and don't get me started on Jerry's world, which is the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life.

TUCK FEXAS!! IF YOU DON"T GET IT, YOU DON"T GET IT!

DEATH BY MAMBA TO TEXASS & MACK CLOWN SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS NOT A F"ING GAME!

This is not the first time the administration has issued an "advisory". I remember one or two in recent years.

Regarding the student section- aren't these games really for them? I mean it is their school and all. Not really suggesting they should have the skyboxes, but I do think they should be on the sidelines.

Which students are you talking about? The current students or the former students? Just because I don't go to UNL right now doesn't make me any less of a fan. In fact, former students who have paid for four (or five, or six) years of education, and now are out in the workforce and still pay the University as boosters, have given more to the school than kids today. Those blue-hairs everyone loves to cry about have paid more than five of you and two of me combined. So isn't this all for them?

And yet without those current student-athletes, there wouldn't even be a football team to support.

After we beat Texass, I could care less what happens to them. The only thing that will make us look better is winning out and then the BIG one vs. OU in the CCG. Texass is already damaged goods, so they are irrelevant to us as long as we beat them. OU will be the game that decides how our season is judged, but that's further down the road. Until then-DIE BEVO!