What has to change...

Hercules

We play better on the road than we do at home. This has been true through the entire Pelini era. There's simply no excuse for this. It's your home field. If you can't get up for it like you can on the road, you need to change something about your routine or mindset. There's simply no excuse for not having the same level of play at home than you do on the road.

I mean how ridiculous is it to think that it's a GOOD thing we're going down to Stillwater this week to play OSU. And that it's actually a worry that we have to play Missouri at home.

This has to change.

We need to get some big time recruiting in these 2 areas:

WR - so the good news is that I saw Martinez can make the passes...he is just a freshman and will get better. But our WR's dropping balls killed us. We need big time WR's. Ohio State gets them, so does Michigan, so does Oregon...all have running QB attack offenses like us. When the run game was not working today, bringing the TE back into the passing game could sure help us get 5-7 quick yards. And you saw WR's who can catch the ball would have won us the game.

D-Line (especially DE speed) - we have NO speed off the edge and get NO pressure on QB's. Our D-Line is weak...Suh is not here guys so step it up...we do not get D-Line pressure in the backfield. I can't remember the last time I saw a highlight reel sack this year from our D-Line.

Playmakers at WR and DE are sorely needed.

We play better on the road than we do at home. This has been true through the entire Pelini era. There's simply no excuse for this. It's your home field. If you can't get up for it like you can on the road, you need to change something about your routine or mindset. There's simply no excuse for not having the same level of play at home than you do on the road.

I mean how ridiculous is it to think that it's a GOOD thing we're going down to Stillwater this week to play OSU. And that it's actually a worry that we have to play Missouri at home.

This has to change.

Ive never seen a team that plays so poorly at home. Even the coaches said they play better on the road. So much for home field advantage at NU. These guys need to get a serious lesson from J & C Peter, Grant Wistrom, etc. Those guys just fed off the crowd and energy. I don't see it at all on Pelini teams at home.