once again people didnt listen to me about watson or this husker team..

I knew we woudlnt score that much against texas because of the offense we run. Watson is a garbage OC, especially against good defenses. Wow, the best defense we have played before texas was 62nd ranked. Watson insists on running the option read out of shotgun and pistol. That doesnt work against good defenses that are FASTER than your your offense. But guess what, after stuffing it the first few times he instists it will end up working. Did he not watch the tape of ucla and ou tearing apart texas' rush defense? Sure UCLA ran out of pistol but they ran dives, slams and counters..they also ran it under center. Same with OU, they ran it under center in I-form. But what does watson do? He still doesnt play to texas weakness. Texas is fast enough to stop the zone read, obviously, yet he ran it around 30 times. Tell me guys, when was the last time watson did well against a good defense? You can NOT tell me that UCLA has a better oline and rbs than us because i really dont see that. Yes our WRs dropped some passes, but they always seem to drop passes. Maybe if we opened up the playbook a bit and mixed it up (he never passed it on first down) then maybe we would have had more opportunities to score than what we did. He needs to go, he will never adjust to the defense and good, fast defenses will blow it up often.

I knew we woudlnt score that much against texas because of the offense we run. Watson is a garbage OC, especially against good defenses. Wow, the best defense we have played before texas was 62nd ranked. Watson insists on running the option read out of shotgun and pistol. That doesnt work against good defenses that are FASTER than your your offense. But guess what, after stuffing it the first few times he instists it will end up working. Did he not watch the tape of ucla and ou tearing apart texas' rush defense? Sure UCLA ran out of pistol but they ran dives, slams and counters..they also ran it under center. Same with OU, they ran it under center in I-form. But what does watson do? He still doesnt play to texas weakness. Texas is fast enough to stop the zone read, obviously, yet he ran it around 30 times. Tell me guys, when was the last time watson did well against a good defense? You can NOT tell me that UCLA has a better oline and rbs than us because i really dont see that. Yes our WRs dropped some passes, but they always seem to drop passes. Maybe if we opened up the playbook a bit and mixed it up (he never passed it on first down) then maybe we would have had more opportunities to score than what we did. He needs to go, he will never adjust to the defense and good, fast defenses will blow it up often.

Dude you're not alone. People have been on watson's case well into last season...

Dude you're not alone. People have been on watson's case well into last season...

I have seen a lot of people defending him this season, maybe im just on at the wrong times. Oh well, he will learn to adjust. He will try to fit a square peg in a round hole no matter what. I dont think he will ever learn

I was thinking the same, but I like Watson but agree sometimes he makes stupid play calling. Like the 3rd and 12 and runs right into their strong line..WTF??? They should of scrabbled Martinez out to make him decide to throw or run way more those scrabbles where Martinez biggest gains but only seen it twice. But regaurdless we should of won, 5 TD drops, say 3 for certain

You told us with your 21 posts?:facepalm:

We'll just continue getting stuffed by every decent to good defense we face. Oh well....

Yep lets go back to '09 where hope and pray the defense keeps together long enough during a game to win. Im being serious, no sarcasm here.

I hope we outscore OSU and Mizzou.... but Im worried our offense wont be able to manage it.

21 posts or not. +1

You told us with your 21 posts?:facepalm:

I used to post on the ESPN boards, then my roommate told me about this forum. I got sick and tired of the missorui/texas trolls over there.

I said after the SDSU I wasnt sold on this offense and that it could be stopped. SDSU found a blueprint to shut it down, its just needed to be executed. Also still believe Zac Lee should be the starter.

To be honest, I think its about the team we are playing. If we are playing a slower defense, then martinez may be the better option but if we are playing a pretty fast d then i think zac should start. He really impressed me with his arm today, he made some very accurate passes.

It isn't just one loss. Our offense has played like garbage against every top tier team we've played since Bo––hell, since Callahan. When does it end? When do you finally just get lucky and really hammer a good defense with scheme and talent?

However much people just want to move on to next week, there is some serious history working against certain members of this staff.

I said after the SDSU I wasnt sold on this offense and that it could be stopped. SDSU found a blueprint to shut it down, its just needed to be executed. Also still believe Zac Lee should be the starter.

That "blueprint" you speak of could have just as well been in the bible. It's been around for a long time... and if an FCS school can execute it, well you know the story.

In response to thread:

"OMGSZ... WHY DOESN"T ANY1 LISTEN TO ME?!? I SAID TJHIS WOULDN't Work!" - don't flatter yourself, Nostradamus

While there were some that were blinded by the rose colored glasses, I am willing to bet there were a great number of people who saw it the same way you did. For some reason I wasn't able to get excited about this game as much as others. This offense is a big reason. An offense predicated on the zone read will fail against a disciplined defense of equal or better speed. FACT. It's been proven time and time again.

The other major concern is the fact that Watson is HORRIBLE at gameplanning. Our inability to be creative and exploit teams is extremely frustrating. Watson looked smart in his first 5 games because he got away with calling the same 10 plays over and over again, because they were unstoppable. While we were up 21 points on some of these teams, instead of running the zone read over and over again, we needed to be working on other facets of our offense.