Good Riddance Longhorn Football Conference

When you start to break down a our grievances with Texas most of them don't make any sense.

-The Big 8 had to expand to keep up with other conference expansions. In hindsight maybe we could have brought in some other teams but the opportunity arose to expand when the SWC fell apart and the deal was done.

-OU didn't want a protected crossover with us.

-Texas was right about partial qualifiers and restrictions on them have become the NCAA norm anyway.

-The Big 8 didn't have equal revue sharing and to my knowledge we voted against it for the Big 12.

-The conference championship is entirely a money affair and having it at Jerry World makes generates the most money. KC is no more a home game than Dallas and we have historically done just fine on the road anyway.

-We lost the conference championship last year because two big penalties put Texas in position to make a FG, not because 1 second was put back on the clock. Had it been the other way around with Henry booting one in for the win after a controversial 1 second was put back on the clock, you know damn well we would have taken the win and not looked back.

-Do you honestly care where the conference headquarters are or does it only symbolize the perception that Texas is in charge?

To be blunt, I believe it boils down to being mad that we've only managed to beat Texas once since the conference expansion. A lot of those losses were heart breakers where Texas found a way to come back or we threw it away, whichever way you like to think of it. If there wasn't a perception that Texas was screwing us that's what you call a rivalry.

We're not sailing away from our problems leaving the big 12. I am looking forward to the big 10 and truly believe it will be better for everyone, but ultimately the problem is us. If we don't fix us things aren't going to magically change with a conference move. In fact when you look at our scheduling for the first two years in the big 10 things could get far, far worse.