Im not blaming the loss on the officials

Not to dwell on the officiating, but has anyone discussed that punt that was downed on like the 3 yard line. When they ran the replay it clearly showed the Texas player with a toe in the endzone. I also mention this because it was one of the attributes to Justin Tucker receiving the Big XII Special teams player of the week. I'd say he did a good job with multiple credits, but who else had a 95 yard punt return?

You really need to know the rules before you complain about a call. This applies to the game commentators as much as you. Eventually someone clued them in that the college rule is different than the pro. The whole issue is whether the ball breaks the plane or not. The player can be almost fully in the end zone as long as the ball doesn't break the plane. That said, the ball might've broken the plane, but we never saw that view.

As for the Sirles hold, as he was toppling over backwards he grabbed the guy's jersey, enough to throw him off balance and fall. Blatant hold, and unless the guy was falling anyway, it was going to be a sack. You could call it a ticky-tack call because he didn't get much jersey or hold it long, but I don't see how anyone can say it wasn't a hold.

I think a lot of the griping about that call is coming from the dozen or so pictures people have seen from the last 10-15 games where our D Line has holes ripped in their jerseys from holding that is never called.

From my recollection, the punt/downed in question, I believe that the tu player possibly had a toe on the line when he touched the ball, but don't quote me on that.

As for the Sirles hold, from what I saw, Acho slapped Sirles away like a gnat, and Sirles barely even touched Acho, just got a finger or two worth on his shoulder which didn't impede his progress.

I failed to even mention that on one of our punts the announcers said that it looked like it went out of bounds at about the 10, and the refs marked it at the 22. That being said, I did watch the game at a tavern, so the TV didn't give me the best view, and I did have my beer goggles on, so........

Not to dwell on the officiating, but has anyone discussed that punt that was downed on like the 3 yard line. When they ran the replay it clearly showed the Texas player with a toe in the endzone. I also mention this because it was one of the attributes to Justin Tucker receiving the Big XII Special teams player of the week. I'd say he did a good job with multiple credits, but who else had a 95 yard punt return?

You really need to know the rules before you complain about a call. This applies to the game commentators as much as you. Eventually someone clued them in that the college rule is different than the pro. The whole issue is whether the ball breaks the plane or not. The player can be almost fully in the end zone as long as the ball doesn't break the plane. That said, the ball might've broken the plane, but we never saw that view.

As for the Sirles hold, as he was toppling over backwards he grabbed the guy's jersey, enough to throw him off balance and fall. Blatant hold, and unless the guy was falling anyway, it was going to be a sack. You could call it a ticky-tack call because he didn't get much jersey or hold it long, but I don't see how anyone can say it wasn't a hold.

I think a lot of the griping about that call is coming from the dozen or so pictures people have seen from the last 10-15 games where our D Line has holes ripped in their jerseys from holding that is never called.

From my recollection, the punt/downed in question, I believe that the tu player possibly had a toe on the line when he touched the ball, but don't quote me on that.

As for the Sirles hold, from what I saw, Acho slapped Sirles away like a gnat, and Sirles barely even touched Acho, just got a finger or two worth on his shoulder which didn't impede his progress.

I failed to even mention that on one of our punts the announcers said that it looked like it went out of bounds at about the 10, and the refs marked it at the 22. That being said, I did watch the game at a tavern, so the TV didn't give me the best view, and I did have my beer goggles on, so........

College is different from pros in that the player can actually be in the endzone and down a ball outside the endzone as long as the ball didn't cross the plane of the goal line. Many colleges I think actually forget to teach this. Many players are so worried about the endzone when all they need to worry about is the ball.

College is different from pros in that the player can actually be in the endzone and down a ball outside the endzone as long as the ball didn't cross the plane of the goal line. Many colleges I think actually forget to teach this. Many players are so worried about the endzone when all they need to worry about is the ball.

Understood, but I thought that if the player is simultaneously touching the goal line and the ball, that it is a touchback.

We didn't lose because of the refs...that is the first thing I have to say. The other thing is...yeah they are horrible refs. I am getting so sick of them honestly. I really hope the refs aren't this bad in the Big 10. It really boggles my mind that they even have jobs still. They aren't even consistent with their calls and that is all I am asking for. If you call it on us, then you darn well better call a penalty when they do the exact same thing to us.

And how do we NEVER get a holding a call for us. They call holding on us, but never for us. Are the coaches not teaching our O-Line how to get away with it or what?

Also on the holding call against Prince...WTF!!! How do you throw the flag after the play is over? When the holding was like 10 seconds before that which wasn't even that bad. There were two plays I believe where the flag was thrown way, way, way too late. Then the Reed catch where a ref was right there watching and still couldn't get the call right and then no replay on it. When they couldn't even spot the ball right...that says something is going on there.

They are terrible and I don't even feel bad saying it...I know I wouldn't be able to keep my job if I was that bad at it. But we still didn't lose because of them...just to clarify.