TV Coverage for those in Central Iowa

garn

As those in Central Iowa know, both Iowa & Nebraska are on ABC at the same time and unlike last week, the Nebraska game WON'T be in the reverse mirror. This afternoon, I received e-mail confirmation from WOI that they have received permission from ABC to televise the Husker game against Oklahoma St. will be on digital subchannel 5.2

The Nebraska game Saturday WILL NOT be part of the reverse mirror, Georgia Tech/Clemson will be the reverse mirror game for those getting the Iowa game on local ABC. The only way in Central Iowa Saturday to watch the Husker game will be on Mediacom digital channel 245 or the old fashioned way via rabbit ears. This was the case last year when Nebraska/Kansas & Iowa/tOSU were on ABC at the same time. It's not HD, but better than having to pay to get ESPN GamePlan for the day.

My guess is that when the coverage maps are released Wednesday is that only those in the Big 12 footprint will have the Husker game on ABC. Iowa/Wisconsin will be the primary game and GT/Clemson will be on ABC in the SE part of the country.

FWIW, I just checked the website for the Sioux City ABC station and their program guide for Saturday shows the game TBA. My guess would be that since the Big 10 game, as part of the Big 10's contract with ABC/ESPN, is guaranteed to be part of the reverse mirror is that the Nebraska game will be on ABC & Iowa on ESPN, but that's just a guess. We'll find out Wednesday.

Here's the text of the email that I received this afternoon from WOI-TV(I sent an e-mail yesterday morning asking what their plans were).

Good news: ABC/ESPN has approved our request to present the Iowa vs. Wisconsin game on ABC5 and the Nebraska vs. Oklahoma State game on RTV5 this Saturday (10/23). The Iowa coverage starts at 1:30pm with a "local" pre-game special from Iowa City; the Nebraska coverage starts at 2:00pm with the network pre-game show.

Just so you know, both the Iowa vs. Michigan State game and the Nebraska vs. Missouri games will be carried in the 2:30pm (CT) window on 10/30 on a reverse mirror arrangement much like last weekend's (10/16) games. As you might expect, the Iowa game will be carried on ABC5 at 2:30pm following a pre-game special at 1:30pm.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Ray Cole,

President ABC5/RTV5

I'm around the Sioux City area and when the Iowa game was on ABC my wife switched it to ESPN since they were going to cover the Nebraska/Texas game and it said that the game wasn't provided in our region so she had to tape it on ESPNU which wasn't presented in HD and I found that BS and mind blowing.

BTW I have Dish Network. Is the a Dish Network problem?

I'm around the Sioux City area and when the Iowa game was on ABC my wife switched it to ESPN since they were going to cover the Nebraska/Texas game and it said that the game wasn't provided in our region so she had to tape it on ESPNU which wasn't presented in HD and I found that BS and mind blowing.

No, it's not. Next time Nebraska plays in the reverse mirror like this past Saturday, check one of the ESPN alternates. I have DirecTV and the Nebraska game was on channel 210 or 211, not the primary ESPN channel, which is 209. The powers to be do a poor job communicating that for those with Dish Network or DirecTV that the reverse mirror game is often on one of the alternate channels.

EDIT: 209 is ESPN2, ESPN is 206...my bad.

What is RTV5? Is that another ABC affiliate in Central Iowa?

RTV5 is a digital subchannel of the ABC affiliate in Central Iowa. RTV5 carries programming from the Retro TV Network

Where are you getting the info that Nebraska won't be on ESPN? Coverage maps don't come out until Wednesday generally, and I don't see anything in that email that tells.

It'll be on ABC, ESPN3.com and ESPN GamePlan. As mentioned earlier, Gerogia Tech/Clemson will be the reverse mirror game on ESPN for those having the Iowa game on ABC.

http://mattsarzsport...2010/week8.aspx

www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule

Just discovered that for those in Northeast Nebraska, the Husker game this Saturday will be on digital channel 9.2.

http://www.kcautv.co....asp?S=13344477

ABC/ESPN has approved our request to present the Iowa vs. Wisconsin game on KCAU-TV (Channel 9.1) and the Nebraska vs. Oklahoma State game on Accuweather9 (Channel 9.2) this Saturday, 10/23 at 2:30pm. The coverage of both games starts at 2:00pm with the network pre-game show on the respective channels. Without this arrangement the Nebraska vs Oklahoma State game would not have been available in the Siouxland market. For advance planning purposes, both the Iowa vs. Michigan State game and the Nebraska vs. Missouri games will be presented on ABC in the 2:30pm (CT) window on 10/30 on a reverse mirror arrangement much like last weekend's (10/16) games. As you might expect, the Iowa game will be carried on KCAU-TV (Channel 9.1).

No, it's not. Next time Nebraska plays in the reverse mirror like this past Saturday, check one of the ESPN alternates. I have DirecTV and the Nebraska game was on channel 210 or 211, not the primary ESPN channel, which is 209. The powers to be do a poor job communicating that for those with Dish Network or DirecTV that the reverse mirror game is often on one of the alternate channels.

EDIT: 209 is ESPN2, ESPN is 206...my bad.

Was the game in HD on Channel 210/211?