10/16/2010 Visitors Gallery

ADS

Tyler Moore looks like he could step in and play next year.

P.O. seems to pass the eye test as well. He is one of the most important recruits at the moment besides the obvious ones. I would consider him a more important recruit that Hobbi at the moment. May sound crazy, but we need more competition at the WR spot.

P.O. seems to pass the eye test as well. He is one of the most important recruits at the moment besides the obvious ones. I would consider him a more important recruit that Hobbi at the moment. May sound crazy, but we need more competition at the WR spot.

Tyler probably could right now EZ, he is a beast. Now P.O. may be big, but haven't we been saying that Enunwa, JSB, and other young kids would do the same thing in upping the competition? I would love to get a couple of recievers but personally as long as TG is the position coach, I don't really think it will matter.

And by the way there is no bigger recruit than Mr. Hobbi. He's the man, come on down Cyrus.

Tyler probably could right now EZ, he is a beast. Now P.O. may be big, but haven't we been saying that Enunwa, JSB, and other young kids would do the same thing in upping the competition? I would love to get a couple of recievers but personally as long as TG is the position coach, I don't really think it will matter.

And by the way there is no bigger recruit than Mr. Hobbi. He's the man, come on down Cyrus.

Crewe, your Hobbi crush is spilling over into numerous threads...can you please get a kleenex and clean things up.

The thing is the players you are talking about are young. I did not expect JSB, or Enunwa to be HUGE contributors this season. Aspeedlin will tell you that I harped on Gilmore after the game as well, but I think we have one lost cause at WR that needs to be gutted. Addition by subtraction is in order there. Do you realize if Niles Paul catches the balls he should have we are talking about him being a first round draft pick right now? Instead he is in the doghouse.

The thing is the players you are talking about are young. I did not expect JSB, or Enunwa to be HUGE contributors this season. Aspeedlin will tell you that I harped on Gilmore after the game as well, but I think we have one lost cause at WR that needs to be gutted. Addition by subtraction is in order there. Do you realize if Niles Paul catches the balls he should have we are talking about him being a first round draft pick right now? Instead he is in the doghouse.

Which is why there is such a fine line between winning and losing when it comes to conference ball (minus K-State/KU/ISU/CO/Baylor...ok that's a lot of teams) - But regardless, it's ironic that the seasons mantra has been "finish" - the point being that the margin for error is extremely small - then we drop 8 passes...only 1 or 2 of them would have been needed to win the game. A couple catches early in the game and the momentum turns, martinez opens up a few running lanes, etc. This game could have just as easily been a blowout as it was a loss. It still makes me sick thinking about it. Such an easy win when you look back at it.

Which is why there is such a fine line between winning and losing when it comes to conference ball (minus K-State/KU/ISU/CO/Baylor...ok that's a lot of teams) - But regardless, it's ironic that the seasons mantra has been "finish" - the point being that the margin for error is extremely small - then we drop 8 passes...only 1 or 2 of them would have been needed to win the game. A couple catches early in the game and the momentum turns, martinez opens up a few running lanes, etc. This game could have just as easily been a blowout as it was a loss. It still makes me sick thinking about it. Such an easy win when you look back at it.

I completely agree with you. I said after watching this game that Texas didn't beat us, we beat ourselves. In a game this big we play our worst football of the year. If we would have done the little things right, like not fumble the football and catch the easy passes when thrown to you, we win this game by a lot.

You take away Roy giving them 7 points on the second drive and half of the drops and we win this game going away. Roy's fumble gave UT the confidence that they had been lacking. TMart threw the ball well enough to beat Texas. He did not get any help from his WRs.

Yeah, he definately threw the ball very well. He had that one pass that was a little behind NP (but it still should have been caught). Otherwise, I think he made mostly all the right decisions in the passing game. That was a beautiful throw to Rex with perfect touch. He's coming along as a passer - I'm not really sure why Watson isn't willing to let him air it out a little, especially in a game like that where they were loading up for the run. I wouldn't have minded seeing him throw the ball 10 times in a row...eventually something would have to be caught.

Its true, I got about 8 texts in a row from EZ all about Niles or Gilmore. :laughpound