Oregon-UCLA

WYHusk

UCLA also has a pretty bad rush defense combined with a fairly poor overall defense.

And if I'm not mistaken, Chip Kelly has been at Oregon for some time now. It only makes sense that his offense gets more explosive the longer he is there.

well, UCLA did something we sure as hell couldn't get done.......they beat hell out of Texas!

Saw the Oregon-UCLA game. On one hand it was sad because this pathetic UCLA team beat Texas. On the other had, no way we are close to MNC...Oregon would crush us.

I like our defense and we do that better than Oregon but we are a poor man's Oregon on offense...and I don't really think the issue is TMart. The Oregon QB is not a stellar passer or faster than TMart. He just has ALL DAY to throw behind his O-Line and has WR's that are quite good (two luxuries TMart does not have). And then he has a Heisman weapon out of the backfield. And they are conditioned, up tempo, and NOT sloppy. Oregon can put a number of QB's in their system and they will do quite well.

No doubt an Oregon offense with an NU defense would be a title contender every year. It is an extreme no brainer to bring Scott Frost back to NU. Oregon is giving us a picture of what we need to do on offense and then just tweak to our personnel. I like our O-Line recruiting. I like TMart and Jamal Turner running this style offense. Aaron Green, come on down. WR's...we need to grab some playmakers in a major way. Also, how about using the TE again!

we desperately need an O line and an O line coach........same old $hit, just a different year at NU!

Saw the Oregon-UCLA game. On one hand it was sad because this pathetic UCLA team beat Texas. On the other had, no way we are close to MNC...Oregon would crush us.

I like our defense and we do that better than Oregon but we are a poor man's Oregon on offense...and I don't really think the issue is TMart. The Oregon QB is not a stellar passer or faster than TMart. He just has ALL DAY to throw behind his O-Line and has WR's that are quite good (two luxuries TMart does not have). And then he has a Heisman weapon out of the backfield. And they are conditioned, up tempo, and NOT sloppy. Oregon can put a number of QB's in their system and they will do quite well.

No doubt an Oregon offense with an NU defense would be a title contender every year. It is an extreme no brainer to bring Scott Frost back to NU. Oregon is giving us a picture of what we need to do on offense and then just tweak to our personnel. I like our O-Line recruiting. I like TMart and Jamal Turner running this style offense. Aaron Green, come on down. WR's...we need to grab some playmakers in a major way. Also, how about using the TE again!

we desperately need an O line and an O line coach........same old $hit, just a different year at NU!

The o-line is dramatically improved over last year. They're not the pipeline, but give it time, and I think you'll see better results. On the other hand, if you bring in a whole other coach... it's going to fall apart.

Where we need to see some drastically different results, in my opinion, is at WR. We've been dropping passes since Gilmore arrived, and it cost us the game this past Saturday, with what should be his best WR corps to date.

As good as Oregon's offense was last night vs UCLA, I was impressed with how stifling their D was. I know they gave up north of 30 pts to Stanford earlier this year, but if memory serves me right, the Cardinal scored only one time in the 2nd half of that game. Pretty impressive.

The o-line is dramatically improved over last year. They're not the pipeline, but give it time, and I think you'll see better results. On the other hand, if you bring in a whole other coach... it's going to fall apart.

Where we need to see some drastically different results, in my opinion, is at WR. We've been dropping passes since Gilmore arrived, and it cost us the game this past Saturday, with what should be his best WR corps to date.

agreed, you can $hitcan Gilmore first........no loss whatsoever. Bo would be a fool to keep him for another season.

oregon is running all their plays at a very high level. they have an open playbook and are completely unpredictable on any given down, they could run any given play.

we don't even snap the ball til the playclock is around 4-5 seconds about 90% of the time.

Having the 4th best rushing attack in the nation, even after the Texas game, isn't indicative of at least an average offensive line? I'd say we're in pretty good shape up front.

Having the 4th best rushing attack in the nation, even after the Texas game, isn't indicative of at least an average offensive line? I'd say we're in pretty good shape up front.

No kidding! Who are all you people? Sheesh, we lose one game and ya'll throw a big tizzy-fit. Let's see how the rest of this season plays out for goodness sakes. You might be singing to a different tune by then. Shoot, you'll probably be singing to a different tune in 2 days.

oregon is running all their plays at a very high level. they have an open playbook and are completely unpredictable on any given down, they could run any given play.

we don't even snap the ball til the playclock is around 4-5 seconds about 90% of the time.

Exactly, UO knows how to mix it up in a way which unfortunately our OC doesn't. No play is going to continue to be successful when you run it 30+ times a game, and on 90% of your first downs.

i would say at this point Martinez has most of the yards against 2nd tier teams with poor win/loss records......we finally play a decent (unranked) team and we can't move anyone off the front line.....not sure what you have been watching, but the teams we have played have padded our stats.....same with OSU, they haven't played anyone yet......time to put the koolaid down for a bit, our real 2nd test comes tomorrow and the results need to be much better than we had at Texas.

I don't see Oregon crushing NEB....they beat a weak UCLA team....a UCLA team that caught Texas on an off day...an won....Oregon is good...but they haven't even played a solid defense yet.

Word out here in Oregon is that they only have about 12 passing plays in their playbook. I'm guessing, but they probably don't have more than 20-30 or so running plays. They just keep it simple, and execute everything very, very well.

Oregon's OLine executes better than ours. They are constantly looking to block on the second and third levels. Their first year starting QB is making great reads. And F#$k Oregon for winning the LeMichael James battle.

Look closer. Thomas is missing reads, and James is bailing him out (sometimes.. sometimes it's still a loss of yards). Thomas' throws also look a lot like Martinez's - they're almost never right in stride. But his receivers are coming down with absolutely everything.

It's humiliating watching other teams that actually catch the ball. :angry: