OSU Loss - What then?

77Husker

Wondering on the repercussions of a second loss what be to the Huskers. I got to thinking about the negative talk about Watson and Gilmore and can't help but wonder if this game means more about their long term future than any other. Frankly, I don't think the team could lose another game without another lashing out for these two. Right now you wonder what Pelini is thinking and what Osborne is thinking. We have a talented QB in Martinez. Would they have a perspective of "Hey, it's only going to get better because we have T-Magic" or might the line of thought be "We only have this kid for another 3 years - if we want to get a new OC and some receivers to catch the ball, should we make a change now while we know our QB can make plays himself?" Tough to say, and to be honest, I just want to see consistency week to week. I am sure they are both great coaches, but at the same time most of us want to see more flexibility in the offensive scheme. I am curious as to others thoughts on these scenarios.

Most fans will move on to the next game. Understanding that we are still a work in process. Will realize we bought into the hype, expected far too much from a Freshman QB.

The sun will come up, unfortunately it will rise on the Husker nation complaining about coaches/ poor players and on and on.

Bo knows what he is doing, but it takes time. He needs our support. And what we say on these boards is heard by the players and the staff, it makes the blogs and fans develop that love or hate because of the crap that streams from these sites. It is not like it used to be, what is said goes round the world very quickly.

Be positive in your support. That does not mean you have to think we win every game or that we are the best team in the country. It meas be behind the team win or lose.

If we lose, which we won't (Our number 1 pass defense will dominate the game, force a couple TOs), then we hope Missouri loses to Oklahoma. If Mizzou and us lose, we still control our own destiny in the North.

We will not have to hope for oklahoma to win,mizzou never beats OU.

In perspective, it is only year 3 for a first time head coach and for this staff. A loss to Oklahoma St? Would depend on how we lose. If we do not show again and lay an egg and just are not into the game, then the real concerns arise. (07? :facepalm: )

But if we play we but osu gets some breaks and pulls out a squeaker and it's unanimous that we just lost to a better team, then so be it. That is what so disturbing about the last loss. We know we're the better team, and 50 time better that what was showed. There's just an attitude to this staff and players after a loss. I see a game that we win that is really never in doubt. A statement game that puts even more coulda woulda shoulda on the texas loss. Lastly, can we get Scott Frost back here to coach our receivers. What a group up there in Oregon. Oh, and it was a year ago this week that it became clearly obvious that our offense last year was simply not that bad. This game is probably a make or break for the year on how we play.

In perspective, it is only year 3 for a first time head coach and for this staff. A loss to Oklahoma St? Would depend on how we lose. If we do not show again and lay an egg and just are not into the game, then the real concerns arise. (07? :facepalm: )

But if we play we but osu gets some breaks and pulls out a squeaker and it's unanimous that we just lost to a better team, then so be it. That is what so disturbing about the last loss. We know we're the better team, and 50 time better that what was showed. There's just an attitude to this staff and players after a loss. I see a game that we win that is really never in doubt. A statement game that puts even more coulda woulda shoulda on the texas loss. Lastly, can we get Scott Frost back here to coach our receivers. What a group up there in Oregon. Oh, and it was a year ago this week that it became clearly obvious that our offense last year was simply not that bad. This game is probably a make or break for the year on how we play.

Yeah man I want scott frost back! He looks horrible in that oregon green and yellow he needs to be wearing scarlet and cream again!

What if we lose a shootout? OSU 48 NU45. We put up 250 running, 200 passing and the D gives up 200 passing and 200 running? The difference in the game being penalties and we give up a punt return TD and Taylor fumbles twice on our side of the field and throws a pick 6. Do we scream for Carl's ouster, who will be held "responsible" for the mistakes? Will people want a game manager QB then? Or will it be freshman mistakes are ok because Taylor is getting experience for next year. There is no guarantee he gets the starting position next year if every position is an open competition. Perhaps Carnes is better. How will everyone feel if we threw away a few games for the sake of experience, only to have that experience not mean anything next year, which it shouldn't, judging by how things were handled this year.

Well, we had better prep ourselves, because we could lose this weekend and next weekend. I think they are both a toss up.

Agree with ya... they more I think about the next 2 games, the more they worry me.

Last week I saw a team that came flat and played down to their opponent. To me it was exactly like the TTech game last year. Had a couple of turnovers early, fell behind. They never had the since of urgancy just like what happen against Texas.

Most of all Im curious to see how this team comes out and reacts. Fall behind early and we are...... DONE. Their is no swagger or attitude with this team, which really frightens me.