Bo Pellini?

criga

A concerned LSU fan! In (1) game against Arizona State we gave up 600 yards. Our defense looked terrible. We went from a top 3 defense the last few years to disaster. Pellini did not blitz and played zone the entire game. This is completly opposite of the past with Nick Saban. What should I expect from Pellini!!

Thanks for joining, you are going to get the works on this question. I personally like some of the things he did. The fact that you saw zone does not and will not surprise any Husker fan. In 2003, the Huskers broke a record for turnovers, school record best 48, but we also got hammered by quliy teams, Texas and OU, I think.

Get used to zone defense. :thumbs

Did some good things when he was at Nebraska by generating turnovers, but his defense got thrashed by the 3 good teams NU played that year. He didn't do much to prove his salt at OU last year, either. Jury is still out on Pelini. I would say an average defensive coordinator.

He's a great coach. You'll like him alot.

Don't mind Benard. He can't stand the fact that Frankie and his boys are gone from the Husker program. In other words he lives in the past. Don't believe me? Go read his posts. Negative about everything that has to do with our new AD or Coaching staff for that mattter. Here is my personal take on Bo Peep aka Pellini.

Actually Bo Peeps defense reminds me of the typical schoolground bully. He will go push the little guys around taking their milk money. When the big kids come on the playground he gets knocked in the mouth and put back in his place. Exactly how he coached our defense when he was here! Oh and he likes to call other coaches names when things don't go his way!

Did some good things when he was at Nebraska by generating turnovers, but his defense got thrashed by the 3 good teams NU played that year. He didn't do much to prove his salt at OU last year, either. Jury is still out on Pelini. I would say an average defensive coordinator.

I would have to agree. I didnt particularly care for the schemes he ran at NU, but he did get pretty good results with them, for the most part.

OU was pretty decent, but alot of people didnt care for what he did there, either. I think he could turn out to be a very good D-Cord, but he seems to be a little bit of a loose cannon. He has a few things to learn.

A concerned LSU fan! In (1) game against Arizona State we gave up 600 yards. Our defense looked terrible. We went from a top 3 defense the last few years to disaster. Pellini did not blitz and played zone the entire game. This is completly opposite of the past with Nick Saban. What should I expect from Pellini!!

Bend but don't break style of defense that relies on getting turnovers. It's not an aggressive or attacking style of defense. If you have some ball-hawking safties it may be good but he did have trouble defending running QBs at NU.

You guys are screwed. Bo Pelini doesn't know anything about defense. Out of 12 teams we played in 2003 (7 had .500 or lower season records), he looked like a genius. In the other 5 games, 3 of them he got torched bad in the secondary. Expect a medicore defense this year against teams that end up going to a bowl game. You will lose a lot of games with him in my opinion.

Here is "Super" Bo's track record yardage wise against ranked teams.

NU 03

Texas-484L

KSU-561L

OSU-183

for giggles

Mizzou-452L

OU 04

Texas-240

OSU-357

A&M-489

USC-525L

OSU and A&M the defense was bailed out because OU had a good offense.

LSU 05

ASU-560

It looks like he can beat up on the not so good teams but doesn't do very well verses good teams.

One side note the most yards LSU gave up last year was 430 to GA. The most passing yards was 289 to Iowa. This Saturday they gave up 560 total and 461 passing. I think this is with basically the same defense as last year. What did they return 8 starters? He is good but not Great :wacko: like Benard said. He is a hot head also. He ran after Bill Snyder because he thought KSU was running up the score. He really looked foolish.

116th in the nation in pass defense this last week against ASU. That says it all

You can't overlook how their quarterback made adjustments. The ASU quarterback really torched the defense in the second half.

That's still pretty terrible though. Nebraska didn't give up nearly that many yards to Texas Tech in what is considered to be the worst Nebraska game ever by some.