Steady Improvement??

Now I was there again last night and it just seemed like the running game still isn't happening. However, there was again a few dropped passes and I think that hurt us again. The second half, though, was a better half of football compared to anything so far. It seems like we're just a couple of plays away from bustin' loose. I will say that there was one drive in the second half where we were rollin, and it was the first one I've seen this year. I know we can do it, so when will we? Do we break out against Pitt? And something else. Once again we are not running the ball on first and goal from the four. Is Cody Glenn redshirting or what? :wtf

Now I was there again last night and it just seemed like the running game still isn't happening. However, there was again a few dropped passes and I think that hurt us again. The second half, though, was a better half of football compared to anything so far. It seems like we're just a couple of plays away from bustin' loose. I will say that there was one drive in the second half where we were rollin, and it was the first one I've seen this year. I know we can do it, so when will we? Do we break out against Pitt? And something else. Once again we are not running the ball on first and goal from the four. Is Cody Glenn redshirting or what? :wtf

The offense is terrible imo. Our oline just is getting smoked. Taylor is average at best. Our wr's are dropping a couple and the play calling is very poor. Our defense is playing great but hasn't played an offense at all yet. UNO has more spark on offense then these 2 teams. Iowa St. and T tech will show us how good our defense actually is.

Our offense is better than it was in 03... and we went 10-3 against a similarly weak schedule.

How do you figure its better? We've scored what, 2 offensive touch downs all year and one was because of a kick return to the 1 or whatever. Taylor is passing 40 some %. We aren't running the ball well. So far it is much worse then 03. Our defense is nowhere near as good as 03 either imo as we haven't played a good offense yet. WE haven't played a good team in general yet. We will know by the fifth game if they are for real.

See, when you have to pepper your comments with imo, your post is just that, opinion. We are about 12 dropped passes this year from having four or five more touchdowns. In 03 we were about 12 more downs from scoring that many touchdowns. If we start catching the ball, its over.

Thats all messaage boards are is opinions. Like it or not. I am much more confident in 03 compared to this year. With the west coast you can turn it over alot more. You have to throw 15 5 yard passes to make it to the endzone, thats tough to do.

With the west coast you can turn it over alot more.

BS. You can't turn it over anymore than you can in any other offense. I don't care how you choose to move the ball down the field, if you can't secure it, you are screwed. With the right guy throwing the ball, a turnover is no more likely than a fumble. That's not opinion.

We all know you have some kind of bone to pick with the inventor of the forward pass. Too bad he doesn't post here. ne_nau.gif

The entire offense, except for the first 2 drives of the 2nd half was terrible. The oline was bad last night. Taylor didnt look any better than Dailey did last year, was just lucky that he didnt have more picks. The WRs dropped alot of balls. I dont see anything good with this offense right now :wtf

The D made some big plays again. I was VERY concerned early in the game (before Wake got down) that WFs OLine was pretty much dominating NUs Dline. I know that Wake has a good ground game, but if it werent for some big TOs, I wonder how the game would have turned out. Wake had the ball 10 min more than NU, and had more yards.

The special teams looked average, at best. The coverage units looked better than last year (so far) but the returners didnt look too good this game.

StuckinChicago, I dont know what games you have been watching, but this offense (as of now) is not better than the 03 offense. While the 03 unit didnt set the world on fire, it was no where near as bad as this unit.

Wake had the ball 10 min more than NU, and had more yards.

How many of those yards came against Stuntz and the third teamers? There's the difference in yardage.

I know that Wake has a good ground game, but if it werent for some big TOs, I wonder how the game would have turned out.

I thought you didn't worry about the if's? Those TO's happened so don't worry about if this if that. What do you always say? If my Aunt had Balls she would be my uncle.

Taylor didnt look any better than Dailey did last year, was just lucky that he didnt have more picks.

I disagree as much as someone can disagree.

1. Taylor doesn't make a fraction of the dumb throws Dailey did. He knows when a guy is open and when he isn't. Dailey never seemed to grasp this concept.

2. Taylor looks much much more comfortable in the pocket than Dailey ever did. You ever seen Dailey do his happy feet move?

Yes, you have a case in the numbers department. However, watching the game you can't tell me than Taylor isn't any better than Dailey.

The offense is terrible imo. Our oline just is getting smoked. Taylor is average at best. Our wr's are dropping a couple and the play calling is very poor. Our defense is playing great but hasn't played an offense at all yet. UNO has more spark on offense then these 2 teams. Iowa St. and T tech will show us how good our defense actually is.

The offense imo was not where it needed to be but, I did see a little glimpse of hope in the second half. I agree the o line needs more work. as far as play calling I dont think it has any thing to do with it, the players just need to execute better and not drop passes.

By the way benard I thought we were going to lose this game according to your score prediction, shock me one these days and give the huskers a compliment. :sarcasm

Now I was there again last night and it just seemed like the running game still isn't happening.  However, there was again a few dropped passes and I think that hurt us again.  The second half, though, was a better half of football compared to anything so far.  It seems like we're just a couple of plays away from bustin' loose.  I will say that there was one drive in the second half where we were rollin, and it was the first one I've seen this year.  I know we can do it, so when will we?  Do we break out against Pitt?  And something else.  Once again we are not running the ball on first and goal from the four.  Is Cody Glenn redshirting or what? :wtf

Yea, 'cus the 4th best rushing attack in the country last year isn't an offense at all.

Now I was there again last night and it just seemed like the running game still isn't happening.  However, there was again a few dropped passes and I think that hurt us again.  The second half, though, was a better half of football compared to anything so far.  It seems like we're just a couple of plays away from bustin' loose.  I will say that there was one drive in the second half where we were rollin, and it was the first one I've seen this year.  I know we can do it, so when will we?  Do we break out against Pitt?  And something else.  Once again we are not running the ball on first and goal from the four.  Is Cody Glenn redshirting or what? :wtf

Yea, 'cus the 4th best rushing attack in the country last year isn't an offense at all.

Yea, that ain't crap man! Don't you know this! ;)