Steady Improvement??

I am sick and tired of people making excuses for Coach C. One of the major traditions at Nebraska has been our graduation rate, and their GPA's. We have smart players, who have been playing football for years. They know how to read playbooks. College programs and NFL teams change systems all the time. Transitions have not been as rough as ours. Notre Dame seems to be ok with a new coach, no one is worried about Urban Meyer, he was even successful at little Bowling Green. Could it be they are also bringing in a "win now" attitude. They aren't waiting for "their" players or for a couple of years, they're worried about now. Notre Dame prides itself on winning, and winning now, that's why they have had coaching problems, because it wasn't happening now. Nebraska used to be that type of program, but now we are content to wait a couple of years so the Coach can get "HIS" players. It's called execution, doing the little things. As I mentioned on another note on this site...not converting third downs doesn't take years, or players in a certain system to perfect. I am glad that "some" things are improving, but come on, 3 different times not converting a 3rd down, if we can't get those things right...that is not about what system your playing, that's football.

3 different times not converting a 3rd down, if we can't get those things right...that is not about what system your playing, that's football.

I suppose we should have run an option to the short side of the field in those situations huh?

Nothing against FS but we weren't exactly an offensive machine his last few years here either.

the o-line needs help fast. alot of run blocking is just attitude, and they just dont seem to have it, they just arnt nasty. IMO they arnt pass blocking extremly well either, ya not very many sacks, but taylor seems to be getting tatooed alot after he gets the ball off. all of the anti-solich people talk this and that about how he left nothing, but one thing he did leave was o-lineman who knew how to run block, and they didnt lose that ability in two seasons, whether they were starters or not, thats what they practiced and were recruited for. something is up with the o-line, and o-line staff that needs addressed IMO. the other problem on O seems to be the recieving corp. they just dont seem to focus on catching the ball very well at all. as far as the defense goes they seemed to fair pretty well against a very run based offense, bullocks had all those tackles because they didnt fear the pass and committed him in the box pretty regularly, kinda standard stuff, defensive backfield cleaning up against this type of offense. im interested to see how the d-backs will do against pitt and their passing ability. up front i think they did pretty well considering most of their jobs were just closing lanes and plugging things up, wake is a good rushing team, i thought the defense played them pretty well, basicly won the game. i actually gotta see this game on the teli, and the pitt game next weekend, strange things are going on in indiana........... saw the ohio game too way to go FS, he will always be a husker no matter where he goes! :thumbs

To assume that one unit is better than the other at this time is pointless. We'll see which unit is better but wait until the end of the year to make comparisons. Its too early to tell how good this unit is, after just 2 games

You missed the point by a mile, or it just flew over your head. Let me break it down for you. The POINT i was trying to make with Bernard when he tried to compare 2003 to 2005 (based on 2 games <-- indicates observations here), and i simply provided stats showing 2003 defense through 2 games, compared to the 2005 defense through games, and that the 2005 unit is already ahead of the 2003 unit. Basically what you said backed up my point, which is that you can't compare 2003 to 2005 based on 2 games, and if you DO attempt to do it, then 2005 outdoes the 2003 unit in that area. Next time read what i type and take it in before deciding to jump down my throat like you always do <_<

Zatechka said on Harrahs last night

:wtf

You actually listen to that moron? He's an idiot and i know a few thousand people who will agree with me on that. Lets not forget his famous quote so far "the jock does more work then a horse" (his comment about horse racing) makes him look more of a moron. And to think he actually graduated.

Yep, Dailey did throw more INTs, but he also had more TDs, yards, and a better completion percentage. Zach has also had quite a few passes broken up. And JD only had Herian for a few games last year, lets not forget.

Then take your own as you sadi earlier in regards to the defense and i quote "Its too early to tell how good this unit is, after just 2 games". The same works for Zac Taylor. It's too early to tell how good or bad he is after 2 games. If you want to compare JD stats to Zac stats, do it after the season, but don't try to compare a full year of TD's for JD to what Zac has done in 2 games. Oh and Herian was in for 8 of the 11 games last year (that's 72% of the season)

As of right now, Wake has a better OL unit than NU does. More physical

If my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle. :clap

Dude, if you want to pretend that its all roses and everything is just perfect with NUs offense, then you really are as incompetent as you seem. There are obviously problems with this offense. Last years unit was playing better at this time of the year, compared to this years unit. I guess that YOU have all the answers huh??

Obviously you still don't pay attention. Do you even bother to read or do you just skim through posts? How many times have i bitched about the offensive line, C thomas, J.B Phillips, the WR's and TE's in my last 50 posts? WHERE have i ever said that the offense is working like a well oiled machine or that the offense is perfect???? Is this another BS you pull out from nowhere? Try getting a clue next time before you decide to decode something so obvious and simple. lame.gif

Oh and by the way, lastyear.gif

Our offense is better than it was in 03... and we went 10-3 against a similarly weak schedule.

Nope. :wacko:

Pretty sure we went 10-3 in '03 :wacko:

345 yards per game, 24.8 points per game, 49% completion percentage.

273.5 yards per game, 28 points per game, 42% completion percentage.

That's 2 games for 2005. If the receivers could catch a damn pass you are looking at almost the same numbers, if not better. The schedule is similar as well.

Stats courtesy of statfox.com

You missed the point by a mile, or it just flew over your head. Let me break it down for you. The POINT i was trying to make with Bernard when he tried to compare 2003 to 2005  (based on 2 games <-- indicates observations here), and i simply provided stats showing 2003 defense through 2 games, compared to the 2005 defense through games, and that the 2005 unit is already ahead of the 2003 unit. Basically what you said backed up my point, which is that you can't compare 2003 to 2005 based on 2 games, and if you DO attempt to do it, then 2005 outdoes the 2003 unit in that area. Next time read what i type and take it in before deciding to jump down my throat like you always do  <_<

While you did show the similarities between the first 2 games of 03 and 05 (I'll give you that) you then went on rant about the 03 squad getting blown out 3 times, and posted the records and bowls of all the teams. Maybe you should read your own post (as unreadable as they are) :thumbs

Zatechka said on Harrahs last night

:wtf

You actually listen to that moron? He's an idiot and i know a few thousand people who will agree with me on that. And to think he actually graduated.

Yeah Zatechka, the guy who played HS ball, 5 years of NCAA ball, a few years of NFL ball, won a NC and a few Big 8 Championships, yeah he knows NOTHING about the game. Yes, DR. Rob Zatechka, the Academic All American with the 4.0 GPA, Honda National Scholar-Athlete of the Year, Vincent dePaul Draddy Award which is considered the Academic Heisman, and Top 8 Award winner?? You mean that dumb-ass?? :sarcasm

Yeah, and I’m sure that you and the "few thousand" people you know who think he's a moron are MUCH smarter than he is :sarcasm

Gee, you prove it consistently :rollin:rollin

Then take your own  as you sadi earlier in regards to the defense and i quote "Its too early to tell how good this unit is, after just 2 games". The same works for Zac Taylor. It's too early to tell how good or bad he is after 2 games.

I have never said that ZT was better or worse than JD, I only said that after 2 games for each, he hasn’t produced as well. As far as the offense, if you cant tell that they have problems, then you really are as un-knowledgeable as you seem. :dumdum They may turn things around, but through 13 games of the Worst Coast Offense, they have failed to make progress.

If you want to compare JD stats to Zac stats, do it after the season, but don't try to compare a full year of TD's for JD to what Zac has done in 2 games.

I didn’t, you did. :thumbs

Oh and Herian was in for 8 of the 11 games last year (that's 72% of the season)

My bad, I guess is only seemed like he was hurt earlier, as billy c. couldn’t figure out how to get his best receiver the ball after the 3rd game.

As of right now, Wake has a better OL unit than NU does. More physical

If my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle. :clap

That would be pretty funny, if you knew which context to use it in, duh :dumdum

Do you even bother to read or do you just skim through posts?

Good catch :thumbs Actually, your posts are pretty unreadable, poor grammar and phonetics, a bunch of half truths and misstatements, and I’m not the only one who says that. Its kind of like reading Chinese or Arabic.

How many times have i bitched about the offensive line, C thomas, J.B Phillips, the WR's and TE's in my last 50 posts? WHERE have i ever said that the offense is working like a well oiled machine or that the offense is perfect????

Funny, because everytime I do the same, there you are trying to put your .02 in contradicting me, making yourself look foolish, again.

Oh and by the way, lastyear.gif

Wow, very impressive :wtf:sarcasm

Can't we have just one thread that doesn't turn into a pissing match between you two?

Dude, I tried I really did, but even when he claims to thinks the same thing that I do (isnt that a scary thought, ewwwwwwww :o ), he still has to try to take my statements out of context and tell me how he thinks that I am wrong :dumdum

Its a freaking joke :blink:

Can't we have just one thread that doesn't turn into a pissing match between you two?

Dude, I tried I really did, but even when he claims to thinks the same thing that I do (isnt that a scary thought, ewwwwwwww :o ), he still has to try to take my statements out of context and tell me how he thinks that I am wrong :dumdum

Its a freaking joke :blink:

Ignore it and it'll go away. The fact that you retaliate shows that you like the drama, and you enjoy continuing this pointless battle in full view of all the frequenters of HuskerBoard. So don't pass the blame. No one forces you to reply to any antagonization.. the one who retaliates is just as immature as the one who antagonizes. There's no need for either of it. However; there is nothing I can do to stop you, all I can do is express my dislike for the situation, and hope that you have the decency to take it to heart. And this goes for both of you obviously.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a whole lot more optimistic at this point than I was the same time last week. We have a really good front 4, some pretty good LB's and a decent secondary. Our O-line seems weak, our QB play is much better (even though the stats don't show) than last year, WR's are better and the talent at RB is nice to have. Ross didn't slip and fall as much last night, and if he could get a hole to run through he would have much better numbers. Our kicking game is effective (though I wish it were used less), our punter can smoke the ball, and the returners at least have a chance to catch and run this year.

I think when we get the horses in here to play O-line and the big, physical receivers complimented w/a speedster or two, the offense will be tough to stop. ZT is very accurate at times, but he's never going to complete 100%. The receivers aren't gonna drop passes all the time like they have the 1st two weeks. We're improving, are undefeated, and have given up 10 total points. Be happy!

Yeah I mean we can say we'll be in every game because we have a defense that we can depend on. We don't need the offense to try and outscore everyone.