Phil Steele

Husker Z

I honestly think that most people think the UT game was nothing more than a fluke and a group of coaches, the university, the media, the fans making WAY too big of a game out of it. They went into it with all the wrong reasons to be motivated. We weren't getting motivated to win the division or to win the conference, they went into it with nothing but "redemption" and 0:01 and 1-9 and a defunct conference on their mind. They went into it to beat a NAME, not a team and they couldn't live up to the hype.

On the other hand, I think people see MU for what they are. I think they are a good team, not great, but very good. Coming off of their biggest win in program history and they know how hard it is to rebound from that high in this short amount of time. Not only tough to rebound from that high, but then to have to get up to AT LEAST that level again in order to beat another VERY good Nebraska team, on the road. That's not an easy task at all.

I see your point and it's a VERY good one. But, if NU doesn't completely wreck themselves this weekend with dumb mistakes, they will be in good shape.

Unfortunately, the best thing nebraska does is completely wreck themselves with dumb mistakes at the worst times. lol <_<

Pelini's teams have shown to come out of that about this time of year and start playing their best ball of the year. ;)

• Fire 1

personally i dont think that its that they only think MU is a good team. I believe its because at the end of 2007 and the start of 2008 every tom,dick and harry jump on the Mizzou band wagon and MU didnt perform. They fell apart in the second half against OU in 07, then just when all the national guys believed after the NE game in 08 they played like crap and lost to OSU then got blown off the field against TX. I think MU burned them and they will not pick them again in those type of games until MU proves they can win them. If mu wins on saturday there will not be enough spots on the wagon for all those who want to jump on. If they lose, then everyone is safe.

Once bitten, twice shy. ;)

Good point. Also, it's probably a lot of people just thinking/knowing that "Missouri is Missouri" the other shoe is bound to drop sometime.

edit: I don't mean that to be an a**hole either, I just know a lot of MU fans that have that feeling/attitude. Afraid to get too high because they know what's coming.

personally i dont think that its that they only think MU is a good team. I believe its because at the end of 2007 and the start of 2008 every tom,dick and harry jump on the Mizzou band wagon and MU didnt perform. They fell apart in the second half against OU in 07, then just when all the national guys believed after the NE game in 08 they played like crap and lost to OSU then got blown off the field against TX. I think MU burned them and they will not pick them again in those type of games until MU proves they can win them. If mu wins on saturday there will not be enough spots on the wagon for all those who want to jump on. If they lose, then everyone is safe.

Good point. Also, it's probably a lot of people just thinking/knowing that "Missouri is Missouri" the other shoe is bound to drop sometime.

edit: I don't mean that to be an a**hole either, I just know a lot of MU fans that have that feeling/attitude. Afraid to get too high because they know what's coming.

your not an a-hole Z. Its the truth. there is a reason i nearly vomitted on myself when OU picked up that fumbled KO and nearly returned it. I started having flashbacks of all the 'almosts' for MU. There is a reason we are at the top or near the top of every bad list. Most NCAA tourney wins without a final 4, most wins during such and such without a BCS, Most blah blah without a blah blah. Its the life of a Tiger fan.....

your not an a-hole Z. Its the truth. there is a reason i nearly vomitted on myself when OU picked up that fumbled KO and nearly returned it. I started having flashbacks of all the 'almosts' for MU. There is a reason we are at the top or near the top of every bad list. Most NCAA tourney wins without a final 4, most wins during such and such without a BCS, Most blah blah without a blah blah. Its the life of a Tiger fan.....

Hey man, I've lived through that my entire life, my WHOLE FAMILY is MU fans, so I've seen it first hand. I was even a Tiger fan in my youth, until I saw the light and was able to see that I had been brain washed!!

Other than the UT game, Steele has been pretty close on all of our games, let's hope this trend continues. He would have nailed last week's OU/MU game as well, if OU didn't sh*t down their leg in the first half.

Missouri went up 7-0, shut the Sooners down 3 & out and then fumbled the ball to them and giving them a short field for their first score...mistakes went both ways. Missouri was able to dominate the 4th quarter when it mattered...not a matter of Oklahoma giving the game away.

Hey man, I've lived through that my entire life, my WHOLE FAMILY is MU fans, so I've seen it first hand. I was even a Tiger fan in my youth, until I saw the light and was able to see that I had been brain washed!!

Around what time did you become a Nebraska fan? Sounds like you're bragging about being a front runner...very noble of you.

Around what time did you become a Nebraska fan? Sounds like you're bragging about being a front runner...very noble of you.

When I was in Jr. High (early 90's), I believe and went to a game up there (against MU actually). I thought the experience was pretty cool and it stuck in my mind until it was time to select a college and I chose NU. I didn't choose it solely on Football, although as much as I like sports I wouldn't be embarrassed to say so, I chose it because of their Construction Management program and the fact that because MU didn't offer CM, I could get in state tuition. I took a lot of heat in Jr. High and HS, my entire school was MU fans, or at least 98% of them were. But, winning 3 national titles when I was at NU wasn't horrible, I'm not gonna lie!!

I lived in NW Missouri and I cheered for MU because that's all I knew growing up with my parents. However, it was almost impossible to follow their football team. They were SO BAD and TV wasn't like it is now, so they were never on and there wasn't the internet either and the only paper we got was the Omaha paper or the St. Joe paper, so following one of the worst teams in football wasn't easy. I never really abandoned MU until the past 5 years or so and my friends are so obnoxious I just couldn't do it anymore.

I can honestly say though, I will probably cheer for MU once we are in the Big 10, it just makes family gatherings MUCH, MUCH nicer. Unless we meet in a bowl game, then I will hate them with all my passion, like I do now.

In other words Pinkel'D

quote name='fro daddy' timestamp='1288213272'

post='682679']

I honestly think that most people think the UT game was nothing more than a fluke and a group of coaches, the university, the media, the fans making WAY too big of a game out of it. They went into it with all the wrong reasons to be motivated. We weren't getting motivated to win the division or to win the conference, they went into it with nothing but "redemption" and 0:01 and 1-9 and a defunct conference on their mind. They went into it to beat a NAME, not a team and they couldn't live up to the hype.

On the other hand, I think people see MU for what they are. I think they are a good team, not great, but very good. Coming off of their biggest win in program history and they know how hard it is to rebound from that high in this short amount of time. Not only tough to rebound from that high, but then to have to get up to AT LEAST that level again in order to beat another VERY good Nebraska team, on the road. That's not an easy task at all.

I see your point and it's a VERY good one. But, if NU doesn't completely wreck themselves this weekend with dumb mistakes, they will be in good shape.

Unfortunately, the best thing nebraska does is completely wreck themselves with dumb mistakes at the worst times. lol <_<

Pelini's teams have shown to come out of that about this time of year and start playing their best ball of the year. ;)

Winner winner chicken dinner. For some reason Bo's teams do get better. Last year, they were a top 25 team and finished the year playing like a top 5 team. They played great D but couldn't score but got better and peaked by the end of the year. If he can do that again this year, lights out.

We should run the table for the rest of the year. This might be the toughest test up until the bowl game.

how did mizzou beat ou? i saw it was raining, i thought mizzou could never win in the unfair conditions of seasonal rain.

if that was seasonal rain then i would like to know how you sir are able to get such a good satalite connection in your home buired deep within the Amazon. :lol:

i always thought columbia, missouri was in missouri, not seattle, washington. seems to always be raining there.

how did mizzou beat ou? i saw it was raining, i thought mizzou could never win in the unfair conditions of seasonal rain.

if that was seasonal rain then i would like to know how you sir are able to get such a good satalite connection in your home buired deep within the Amazon. :lol:

i always thought columbia, missouri was in missouri, not seattle, washington. seems to always be raining there.

that wasnt rain....those were sooners tears. ;)

• Fire 1

that wasnt rain....those were sooners tears. ;)

That made me LOL, literally. People in the library didn't appreciate it though.