DL & LB... Who do we land and when do they start commin?

James Adenayju DE :star :star :star just committed to Wisconsin.

I will update the projected commitment list above.

Bo and company must see something on the defensive front that we don't. At present we have struck out on all prospects and seem to lose 3-star recruits to places like Wisconson ... a future conference team.

Amazing to the lack of DE, DT and LB kids who want to play for our Huskers. I'll be watching with interest ... just didn't expect these areas to be tough slots to fill.

SheepdogMark

James Adenayju DE :star :star :star just committed to Wisconsin.

I will update the projected commitment list above.

Bo and company must see something on the defensive front that we don't. At present we have struck out on all prospects and seem to lose 3-star recruits to places like Wisconson ... a future conference team.

Amazing to the lack of DE, DT and LB kids who want to play for our Huskers. I'll be watching with interest ... just didn't expect these areas to be tough slots to fill.

SheepdogMark

No, they are hunting for DL prospects. Just haven't been able to nab the guys they are chasing yet.

Very surprising to say the least.

No, they are hunting for DL prospects. Just haven't been able to nab the guys they are chasing yet.

Very surprising to say the least.

Big Willie, coming from you ... that really concerns me. What gives? Gosh, if only someone like Jalen Grimes (spelling?) would reconsider. You would think a top recruit would look at this recruiting class and say, "Wow, look what's brewin' here."

For me, to not get a stud at DL, DE and/or LB does not make this a great class ... even with Aaron Green. We need those bodies and impact players in those positions.

SheepdogMark

Just updated the board with Charles Jackson's commit today/ Projected commits for the remaining open slots.

I made one minor adjustment to the numbers today: With us taking Braylon Heard and Bronson Marsh and assuming Bubba Starling makes it to campus, I am projecting that we take 6 more commits. I took a spot away from the DL to make room... since we took 6 DL last year and have 1 graduating this year I feel we will take a max of 3 at that position. Look for us to target 2 DT and 1 DE when all is said and done in February. With Kevin Williams commit, we will take 1 more DT and 1 DE and be finished with the DL. See above for visual.

Just updated the board with Charles Jackson's commit today/ Projected commits for the remaining open slots.

I made one minor adjustment to the numbers today: With us taking Braylon Heard and Bronson Marsh and assuming Bubba Starling makes it to campus, I am projecting that we take 6 more commits. I took a spot away from the DL to make room... since we took 6 DL last year and have 1 graduating this year I feel we will take a max of 3 at that position. Look for us to target 2 DT and 1 DE when all is said and done in February. With Kevin Williams commit, we will take 1 more DT and 1 DE and be finished with the DL. See above for visual.

Awesome breakdown! Thanks!

I was just wondering about this. I was thinking that the staff will really try to make the push for a DT and a DE now that we have all the other needs handled.

excellent breakdown. fwiw, i agree with your projected needs and number of spots left.