DL & LB... Who do we land and when do they start commin?

He's got offers from Tennessee, Florida State, Oklahoma, and Georgia so he definitely has his options to go back down south.

Actually we are Moody's only offer to this point.

Is Scout wrong then?

Link

Oh, you know what, my bad!! That list is from 2009! haha. :facepalm:

He DID have those offers... now, coming out of Juco it's just us.

Its cool :thumbs

Its kinda crazy i would of thought d-line spots would get filled quick this year. I could still see us landing one of the DT on that list but what are our chances with the higher ranked DEs? Drew would be great but seems like a long shot ,and havent heard much about Rasco lately. Any news about him on his recruiting and the chances of getting him N ?

No, they are hunting for DL prospects. Just haven't been able to nab the guys they are chasing yet.

Very surprising to say the least.

Big Willie, coming from you ... that really concerns me. What gives? Gosh, if only someone like Jalen Grimes (spelling?) would reconsider. You would think a top recruit would look at this recruiting class and say, "Wow, look what's brewin' here."

For me, to not get a stud at DL, DE and/or LB does not make this a great class ... even with Aaron Green. We need those bodies and impact players in those positions.

SheepdogMark

Jalen Grimble? Too many issues with Grimble for him to come back.

Coaches are being patient though. It is actually good they are not handing out offers to guys they are just settling for *cough* Bodtmann *cough*. With teams that will lose coaches, recruits that will look around, JUCO guys, and late-rising prospects (remember Bennie Logan?), it isn't anything to get worried about. If in mid-January we are in this position still, then I will be all :ahhhhhhhh alongside you.

So here is what I have in terms of predictions for where our DL targets end up...

Ray Drew - SEC School (he has cut it down to SEC, 1 Pac 10 and 1 Big 10 school being michigan not us)

Jermauria Rasco - No Clue (He wants to stay south... Insiders indicate he will go SEC/ACC/or TEXAS)

Greg Townsend Jr. - Cal/USC/UCLA/Oregon - (Wants to stay in the Pac-10 and has unofficially visited USC/UCLA)

Gabe Wright - Auburn (Really likes them and they have 5 defensive linemen graduating this year, they're telling him he can come in and play early)

Mickey Johnson - LSU/UCLA (He is thought to have been a UCLA lean for a while now, however LSU is having success in his backyard and he has been on some unofficials there. Rumor has it that he might go with them).

Todd Barr - Oregon/Florida/Cal/UCLA (These are his favorites and he has eliminated us from his top 6).

Brennan Scarlett - No clue, but not Nebraska (he has eliminated us from his top 9).

****Christian Heyward - Nebraska/UCLA - (Recruiting insiders are indicating he is a Nebraska/UCLA lean... let's hope we land this one)

****Todd Peat Jr. - Nebraska/ASU - I said Stanford (He gushes about every aspect of the university and football program and has been for several months now) BUT he is not going to make his grades and has Nebraska up his list... he could go with us.

***Devante Wilson - Arizona/USC/Nebraska (We have a shot at this one. So far Nebraska's visit beat out Arizona's. Except his only remarks about his Nebraska visit was that he is suprised it isn't extremely boring. I think this will come down to a USC/Nebraska battle.)

***Bryant Dubose - Nebraska/Miami/LSU (I have heard he really likes Nebraska. We have a shot here)

***Lake Koa Ka'ai - Nebraska/Oregon/Stanford/USC (He will choose one of these schools. Loves Nebraska but too far from home. Insiders think he goes with Oregon when it's all said and done).

So here is what I have in terms of predictions for where our DL targets end up...

Ray Drew - SEC School (he has cut it down to SEC, 1 Pac 10 and 1 Big 10 school being michigan not us)

Todd Peat Jr. - Stanford (He gushes about every aspect of the university and football program and has been for several months now)

Jermauria Rasco - No Clue (He wants to stay south... Insiders indicate he will go SEC/ACC/or TEXAS)

Greg Townsend Jr. - Cal/USC/UCLA/Oregon - (Wants to stay in the Pac-10 and has unofficially visited USC/UCLA)

Gabe Wright - Auburn (Really likes them and they have 5 defensive linemen graduating this year, they're telling him he can come in and play early)

Mickey Johnson - LSU/UCLA (He is thought to have been a UCLA lean for a while now, however LSU is having success in his backyard and he has been on some unofficials there. Rumor has it that he might go with them).

Todd Barr - Oregon/Florida/Cal/UCLA (These are his favorites and he has eliminated us from his top 6).

Brennan Scarlett - No clue, but not Nebraska (he has eliminated us from his top 9).

****Christian Heyward - Nebraska/UCLA - (Recruiting insiders are indicating he is a Nebraska/UCLA lean... let's hope we land this one)

***Devante Wilson - Arizona/USC/Nebraska (We have a shot at this one. So far Nebraska's visit beat out Arizona's. Except his only remarks about his Nebraska visit was that he is suprised it isn't extremely boring. I think this will come down to a USC/Nebraska battle.)

***Bryant Dubose - Nebraska/Miami/LSU (I have heard he really likes Nebraska. We have a shot here)

***Lake Koa Ka'ai - Nebraska/Oregon/Stanford/USC (He will choose one of these schools. Loves Nebraska but too far from home. Insiders think he goes with Oregon when it's all said and done).

I think you know to much. :-)

SheepdogMark

The more I think about how NU's class finishs up I see more of a need for a 2nd LB or DE. I just think NU's got good depth at DT with Thad a soph, Rome and Guy as frosh and Williams coming aboard. Im not saying NU should pass on a Heyward or Peat just wishing there were more scholarships like every other year.

I agree with you grateful. The big question is whether any of these guys can be converted into DE's. I know Rome was a DE/DT coming out of h.s. I think Todd Peat has been classified as both too correct? It seems like DE is a more crucial spot for us than DT from my perspective as well.

I still say take another DT especially a quality one. Good DT's are hard to come by as they are a rarer breed in the HS ranks and teams battle tooth and nail over the few guys that are out there.

I wouldn't be overly concerned if we only got one DE. NU will have good returning talent coming back and they took what, like 5 DE's last year. Also the DE board this recruiting cycle just doesn't seem overly talented or deep. And to go further, next years DE prospects look like they could be one of the best in years. Ohio alone will have a monsterous DE market, at least six or seven BCS worthy players alone. Damn if we only had some kind of connection to that state............

I still say take another DT especially a quality one. Good DT's are hard to come by as they are a rarer breed in the HS ranks and teams battle tooth and nail over the few guys that are out there.

I wouldn't be overly concerned if we only got one DE. NU will have good returning talent coming back and they took what, like 5 DE's last year. Also the DE board this recruiting cycle just doesn't seem overly talented or deep. And to go further, next years DE prospects look like they could be one of the best in years. Ohio alone will have a monsterous DE market, at least six or seven BCS worthy players alone. Damn if we only had some kind of connection to that state............

NO! PaulCrewe, the only way to ever win, EVER, is to recruit kids strictly from the Empire of Texas. And of course, now that we're headed to the Big 10, we'll never get another high caliber athlete out of that sovereign nation again.

What? Who is this "Aaron Green" you speak of?

Sarcasm aside, I totally agree with what you wrote on the DT front. That is a hard position to fill...like you said, quality DT's are a rare breed. With Ankrah and Meredith and Williams (among others,) we have some depth there at the end spot. Truthfully, I would take another quality DE recruit if we could sign one. (pfff. Who wouldn't? ;)) But if only one could be had, I'd take the DT over the DE. I'd take a big time LB over anything at this point, though.

He lives in Hawaii. Everything is far away.

Haha, true. But I am just quoting what he has said himself. He loves Nebraska and thinks its in a whole different level than Oregon, but he has been quoted as saying that Nebraska is just too far away for him. TO me if he wants to stay close to home he should go to Hawaii, he has an offer from them, but if you look at his top schools everyone except for Nebraska is pac-10. He has visited Nebraska and Oregon thus far so these 2 schools lead right now. Insiders are saying he will go Pac-10.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated the board with new offensive line commit Givens Mordi Price, with new LB prospect JUCO Princeton Jackson, and with David Santos 4th star.

Keep in mind that JUCO DB Daimion Stafford is not expected to make his grades, and that DB Tevin Mitchell has opened back up his recruiting to take an official visit to Arkansas. Also note that Arkansas and OU are planning In Home Visits with Charles Jackson... we will have to do work to hang on to our 3 4* DB's as recruiters are aggressively going after each of them.