Congratulations Huskers

Congratulations to all Husker fans. You must be very proud of your team, who played a great game. In terms of your defense, I saw what I feared I'd see -- good coverage in the secondary, good pressure up front from 3 or 4 rushers. In terms of your offense, I expected some explosive plays -- but thought they'd come from Martinez instead of Helu. At the end of day, I think we saw 2 pretty good teams go at it. One of them made a handful of big plays when they had the opportunity to do so; the other didn't (Woodland's inability to pull in Gabbert's sideline fade in the second quarter jumps to mind).

I guess this is goodbye, as you're off to the B10 and I'm to ponder issues such as what causes Gary Stinkel (Pinkel's evil twin) to run plays out of the shotgun when he's a foot from scoring and how Texas is going to screw us next. I enjoyed what became a pretty decent rivalry over the last 7 years or so. Good luck --

Congratulations to all Husker fans. You must be very proud of your team, who played a great game. In terms of your defense, I saw what I feared I'd see -- good coverage in the secondary, good pressure up front from 3 or 4 rushers. In terms of your offense, I expected some explosive plays -- but thought they'd come from Martinez instead of Helu. At the end of day, I think we saw 2 pretty good teams go at it. One of them made a handful of big plays when they had the opportunity to do so; the other didn't (Woodland's inability to pull in Gabbert's sideline fade in the second quarter jumps to mind).

I guess this is goodbye, as you're off to the B10 and I'm to ponder issues such as what causes Gary Stinkel (Pinkel's evil twin) to run plays out of the shotgun when he's a foot from scoring and how Texas is going to screw us next. I enjoyed what became a pretty decent rivalry over the last 7 years or so. Good luck --

See ya.

and, yeah, I really don't understand the whole lining-up-in-the-shotgun-at-the-1-yard-line shtick. Thought it was silly last week too. If they had just run 3 QB sneaks, it's probably a 98% chance he gets in.

See ya.

and, yeah, I really don't understand the whole lining-up-in-the-shotgun-at-the-1-yard-line shtick. Thought it was silly last week too. If they had just run 3 QB sneaks, it's probably a 98% chance he gets in.

If Gabbert dives on the keeper, it's in, too. This formation deal is overrated. We've had one of the best red zone percentages in the Big 12 in this offense. Also, he ran two plus from under center which is two more than they would've last year.

See ya.

If Gabbert dives on the keeper, it's in, too. This formation deal is overrated. We've had one of the best red zone percentages in the Big 12 in this offense. Also, he ran two plus from under center which is two more than they would've last year.

Tigernuts -- I presume you have advance tickets to this Thanksgiving's hottest movie . . . From Pinkel / Yost Productions and Blaine Gabbert Studios and in coordination with Shotgun Cinema . . . "The Longest Yard" . . . Not Starring James Franklin.

It defies logic to say that you're better off to throw the ball backwards 12 feet when you're 12 inches from scoring. Have they succeeded more often than not despite subscribing to this logic? Sure. But there are some notable failures, too. And they tend to come against your stingier defenses, i.e. the Huskers today and the Sooners in 2006. All I'm saying is that I don't think it would be too hard to line Egnew up at fullback, put Lawrence/Moore/Josey/Mosby behind him, and execute an I-Formation power run where the running back (a) gets the ball in relative proximity to the goal line and, (B) does so while running full speed ahead.

See ya.

Tigernuts -- I presume you have advance tickets to this Thanksgiving's hottest movie . . . From Pinkel / Yost Productions and Blaine Gabbert Studios and in coordination with Shotgun Cinema . . . "The Longest Yard" . . . Not Starring James Franklin.

It defies logic to say that you're better off to throw the ball backwards 12 feet when you're 12 inches from scoring. Have they succeeded more often than not despite subscribing to this logic? Sure. But there are some notable failures, too. And they tend to come against your stingier defenses, i.e. the Huskers today and the Sooners in 2006. All I'm saying is that I don't think it would be too hard to line Egnew up at fullback, put Lawrence/Moore/Josey/Mosby behind him, and execute an I-Formation power run where the running back (a) gets the ball in relative proximity to the goal line and, (B) does so while running full speed ahead.

I'm not against running a power formation there, I'm just saying that I don't think that's what cost us. If Gabbert dives instead of trying to run over a defender, it's a TD. If Josey doesn't false start, it's a TD.