Victory Bell

The bell is one of those odd things that no one really pays attention to. Get used to it, though. It seems the Big 10 is full of relatively obscure trophies.

Obscure nationally, but they seem to go gaga (and not Lady) over them. Saw a video and some player was hoisting the Paul Bunyan Axe like it was a crystal football.

The funniest thing about this bell is that nobody really cared that much about it - in Nebraska, anyway - until this game. Suddenly everyone was talking about keeping the bell forever.

Like most Husker fans, I didn't even know we played for a trophy against any of our Big 8/Big 12 brethren until a year or two ago. I just find it funny how much I and everyone else, who never ever think about this bell, cared so much now.

Probably cause we owned the Tigers for such a long stretch at one point.

I would honestly love to know how many people learned of the bell because of NCAA Football on PlayStation or XBox? Seriously I have a lot of friends that never knew the thing exosted until the video game. Anyone one on here that can admit to this being the same way they found out about the bell?

I'll admit to it.

The funniest thing about this bell is that nobody really cared that much about it - in Nebraska, anyway - until this game. Suddenly everyone was talking about keeping the bell forever.

Like most Husker fans, I didn't even know we played for a trophy against any of our Big 8/Big 12 brethren until a year or two ago. I just find it funny how much I and everyone else, who never ever think about this bell, cared so much now.

Probably cause we owned the Tigers for such a long stretch at one point.

I would honestly love to know how many people learned of the bell because of NCAA Football on PlayStation or XBox? Seriously I have a lot of friends that never knew the thing exosted until the video game. Anyone one on here that can admit to this being the same way they found out about the bell?

I would be one of those

The bell is one of those odd things that no one really pays attention to. Get used to it, though. It seems the Big 10 is full of relatively obscure trophies.

Obscure nationally, but they seem to go gaga (and not Lady) over them. Saw a video and some player was hoisting the Paul Bunyan Axe like it was a crystal football.

...the history there is if you win at the opposing teams stadium you go "chop down" their goal post.