The Unofficial Put the Officiating complaint to rest thread

irafreak

So we have heard a lot of complaints about the calls that Nebraska got away with....facemasks and Pass Interference and so-called targeting helmet to helmet nonsense. (how do you tackle a guy low that is going into the fetal position?)...I'd like to show the other side of this overall poorly officiated game...

First the helmet to helmet on a defenseless defender by missouri in the first quarter. Will he be suspended? :sarcasm

Second the perfectly legal jersey tear....

Now this one is to demonstrate how the defender goes high but the helmets actually miss slightly....there's no harm here nor intent to harm yet the only reason it isn't frowned upon is because the two protective heads don't collide. The rule is pointless because how can you interpret it at such a fast speed.

Hands to the face....

Now I'm not sure about the rules on this one (and I noticed it live) but I thought a cut block was illegal from outside to inside especially in the open field (I read someone saying ten yards downfield was ok but that doesn't apply here...)

And of course the worst call of the game...

• Fire 2

Mizzou fans want to point to a couple of blown calls to show that there is no conspiracy and that the game was called bad on both sides. What Mizzou fans don't understand---and what these images show---is that you are always going to find calls that referees missed because they didn't see them. I've seen this in every game I've ever watched.

What has Nebraska fans puzzled are the bizarre sleights of hand that occur under the spotlight. There is no better example of this than the Osborne fumble hit on Gabbert. It was clearly a fumble, the review process was suspiciously mishandled, and the explanation (forward progress) is insane. This is the smoking gun for officiating conspiracy theories as far as I'm concerned. MIssed calls are one thing, but this is unprecedented.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfYxKRR2Wl4&feature=player_embedded

• Fire 2

What has Nebraska fans puzzled are the bizarre sleights of hand that occur under the spotlight. There is no better example of this than the Osborne fumble hit on Gabbert. It was clearly a fumble, the review process was suspiciously mishandled, and the explanation (forward progress) is insane. This is the smoking gun for officiating conspiracy theories as far as I'm concerned. MIssed calls are one thing, but this is unprecedented.

:yeah

If the conspiracy theory is true, it's about to get worse. IF true, the Big 12 officials will have it out for NU in the next few games to try to keep them out of the CCG.

I can't help but think that the call on the Osborne play was a deliberate attempt to screw Nebraska.

:yeah

If the conspiracy theory is true, it's about to get worse. IF true, the Big 12 officials will have it out for NU in the next few games to try to keep them out of the CCG.

I can't help but think that the call on the Osborne play was a deliberate attempt to screw Nebraska.

Just wait till the Big 12 championship game. Its gonna be worse than ever before.

I wish the NCAA would launch an investigation into this, seriously. Most importantly can they????

The title of this thread is very misleading.

Ditto. I kind of expected the OP to argue that Husker fans should put the officiating conspiracy theories to rest. Not so.

Here's the deal: The massive no calls in the Texas game (did they ever get called for holding?), the Martin suspension, the Gabbert fumble . . . one of those things by themselves does not a conspiracy make. Two of those things does not a conspiracy make. All three of them? Houston, we have a problem.

Mizzou fans want to point to a couple of blown calls to show that there is no conspiracy and that the game was called bad on both sides. What Mizzou fans don't understand---and what these images show---is that you are always going to find calls that referees missed because they didn't see them. I've seen this in every game I've ever watched.

I saw the crack block and that is suppose to be illegal. I saw the jersey grab and that is suppose to be illegal. I saw the helu missed place 3rd down ball placement that lead to a punt too.

Someone needs to get on a soapbox on this. These photos need to got to the league office or officiating office.

We only ever notice/remember the calls that go against our favor.

I do notice some calls i go in our favor. When I watch games in general I usually point out penalties by just watching on the TV. I know refs are humans, but this is becoming a huge problem, for the last 3 weeks the officating has went from Ok to absolutely terrible. The missed chop block on Steinkuhler, Gabberts non fumble on the goalline, Gabberts non fumble on the sack, the jersey rippin non holding calls. The integrity of the game is becoming worse and worse.

We only ever notice/remember the calls that go against our favor.

I don't think that's entirely true. I will freely admit we got away with a pass interference on the throw to the end zone where Hagg (I think) grabbed the WR's arm early and that Crick facemasked Gabbert on the potential fumble near the goalline, but missing a clear as freaking day fumble on the Gabbert sack is absolutely unacceptable. Especially when we have video review. And anyone who buys that "forward progress was stopped" BS is flat-out wrong.