Phil Steele predicts Nebraska/LSU in Cotton Bowl

Nexus

Like the prediction, and the opponents for that matter, although I'll be disappointed slightly if we don't make a BCS game.

It's so funny seeing Baylor up on the list of bowls. Good for them though!

Do you think if we win out the rest of the regular season, but lose to Oklahoma in the CCG we will make a BCS game? I would think so.

I do like how almost everyone is still predicting us to lose the B12 championship if we get there.

Nothing is a lock, but I'm pretty sure we have a good chance.

True, and yet if you look around, a lot of pundits are saying Nebraska is the best team in the Big XII. Hard to say why the dichotomy.

So he really believes that Pittsburgh and Wisconsin are going to get BCS at larges instead of us. Now way this happens. If we truely are the #2 Big 12 team by losing in the conference title game then that means we only have 2 loses. We get one of those BCS at larges IMO.

Pittsburgh isn't an at-large in Steele's projection, they're the Big East winner. The Big East is still AQ conference. For now.

So he really believes that Pittsburgh and Wisconsin are going to get BCS at larges instead of us. Now way this happens. If we truely are the #2 Big 12 team by losing in the conference title game then that means we only have 2 loses. We get one of those BCS at larges IMO.

Pittsburgh isn't an at-large in Steele's projection, they're the Big East winner. The Big East is still AQ conference. For now.

Yeah I just realized that. Its just weird how the picture says Big 12 winner vs BCS At-Large.

The prospect of the Big East champ receiving a Fiesta bowl bid is not exciting at all, really a joke that they still have an automatic BCS bid. I would hope that if we make it a one loss Big 10 team (Wisconsin, Michigan State or Ohio), TCU or Boise gets the bid. Considering Iowa managed to get a BCS bid last year with two losses you have to figure there's a chance that a 2 loss SEC team (Arkansas or LSU) could get it too.

Yeah I just realized that. Its just weird how the picture says Big 12 winner vs BCS At-Large.

That's because the Fiesta only has one conference tie-in, which is the Big 12.

it is ridiculous that the big east is an aq. the conference champion should be in the top 15 to automatically get into a bcs game.

it is ridiculous that the big east is an aq. the conference champion should be in the top 15 to automatically get into a bcs game.

While that's a plausible scenario, it would've hurt Nebraska last year had they beaten Texas in the CCG. It was a given that if NU won the CCG that we would play in a BCS bowl and we weren't a Top 15 team going into that game.