Niles Paul

Has anyone heard from Paul or Marlowe about what Marlowe told him? Did he truly tell him to take it out or was that guesswork? Marlowe had his back to the kick coverage and made a gesture (and likely said something), but you certainly can't tell what he said, and his gestures weren't obviously "stay" or "go."

I'm 99.9% sure that Marlowe stuck his arm out with one finger up in the air and made a circle motion, similar to the motion you'd make to someone if you were trying to tell them to hurry up. I see the players do this all the time, and I first started noticing it last year in the Oklahoma game. During a kick off we received in the South end zone, I saw Paul give the same gesture to the return man and the return man brought it out of the end zone.

Just watched the Bo Pelini Show last night and saw this replay again. That does not appear to be what Marlowe did. It looks to me like they both hesitated, and Niles made the decision to bring it out.

The thing is, to address others in the thread, that Niles' decision to bring the ball out wasn't the worst thing he could have done. With a lead in the fourth quarter and a need to burn clock it was an unwise decision, but this decision pales in comparison to the fact that he didn't practice simple ball security. OF ALL THINGS in that situation, holding on to the ball was paramount. That's what I'm so upset about.

I think two whole pages dedicated to tearing down Niles is more than ample.

He does his best, sometimes it is not good enough. I am not a fan of Niles, but I think we have beat on him in this thread enough. It is not really something to be proud of as a fan base. He is a Husker. He has given 4 years of his life to this program. Think about how you would feel if it were you or your child.

He does his best, sometimes it is not good enough. I am not a fan of Niles, but I think we have beat on him in this thread enough. It is not really something to be proud of as a fan base. He is a Husker. He has given 4 years of his life to this program. Think about how you would feel if it were you or your child.

Sometimes he does his best and it's outstanding, and sometimes he does something like change hands while he's being hit.

He's not a child.

Thanks for putting some perspective on this. It's not his fault the coaches continue to play him in spite of his fumblitis.