Just for fun...

cmb23

Absolutely no real reason for this post other than to poke fun at myself and to show how 'trained' we are from the beginning. I am a 35(ish) year old...and a good friend of the family just posted a photo of me on fbook from Halloween when I was in Kindergarten or 1st grade. Amazing how once you are shown "Husker" you stay Husker?!?!

GBR!!!

73941_1721729722703_1222118007_1995441_377838_n.jpg

Absolutely no real reason for this post other than to poke fun at myself and to show how 'trained' we are from the beginning. I am a 35(ish) year old...and a good friend of the family just posted a photo of me on fbook from Halloween when I was in Kindergarten or 1st grade. Amazing how once you are shown "Husker" you stay Husker?!?!

GBR!!!

73941_1721729722703_1222118007_1995441_377838_n.jpg

Great pic. And yes, once you are shown "Husker," it's in your blood and there's no getting it out. I grew up in So Cal following USC, and had only a remote appreciation for Nebraska much like Nebraska fans might recognize USC as a powerhouse in slight decline. But the people, the passion, the tradition, the character of the fans and (at least now) the coaches, are just too addicting. I defy anyone to live in Nebraska, meet the people, go to some games, spend time in Lincoln on gameday, and not become a diehard fan.

I should note that as I type this, I am sitting in bed back in Southern California with a "Blackshirts" t-shirt on (which I wore under my shirt to work today), wrapped in a Huskers blanket. Didn't even realize it until just now. Go Big Red! (Forever!)