All American Game(s)

Last year we only had one recruit chosen to play in the Army All American game. This year we have 6 so far and the selection tour is continuing on. Here is a list of players so far:

OT Tyler Moore - east team

K Nik Sade - east team

CB Tevin Mitchell - west team

CB Charles Jackson - west team

RB Aaron Green - west team

QB Bubba Starling - west team

QB Jamal Turner has been selected to play in the under armor all American game, also televised nationally.

LB David Santos has been selected to play in the O-D All American game in South Carolina in December.

Am I missing anybody?

997863.jpg

1007966.jpg

1015137.jpg

1019153.jpg

F641083.jpg

877690.jpg

Just added Charles Jackson to the list and included his picture. His little sister is representing the Big Red!!!

With Charles selection we now have 6 players in the Army All American game, 1 player in the Under Armour All American game, and 1 player in the O-D All American game.

8 our of our 17 commits are all americans... and I have a feeling more are gonna be added.

Just added Charles Jackson to the list and included his picture. His little sister is representing the Big Red!!!

With Charles selection we now have 6 players in the Army All American game, 1 player in the Under Armour All American game, and 1 player in the O-D All American game.

8 our of our 17 commits are all americans... and I have a feeling more are gonna be added.

Jamal Turner also received an invite to the O-D game before Under Armour extended their invite to him.

Jamal Turner also received an invite to the O-D game before Under Armour extended their invite to him.

So is he gonna be playing in both?

So is he gonna be playing in both?

No, pretty sure he is going to play in the more prestigeous game, the Under Armour game. I think there may actually be a rule when it comes to participating in these larger All Star games. Don't quote me on that, but I think there is. Also the time constraints with games would make it nearly impossible, as athletes are at each game for up to a week prior to the game.

We might have the most out of any school in the Army All-American game. Im not positive on that, but 6 players at this point is a lot. Ive checked, and we have more then Florida and Ohio State. Not sure who else could have more. Actually, now that I think of it, Texas probably has more.

So far Texas and Nebraska both have 6.

If Wayne Lyons and Todd Peat Jr. were to both commit to Nebraska we'd have 8. I don't see Texas getting many commits at this game due to the fact that they have 2 spots open at this time. They might grab a DE/DT and a DB or WR but that's all I see them going after. They're pretty much done with their 6 Army All American's this year.

No, pretty sure he is going to play in the more prestigeous game, the Under Armour game. I think there may actually be a rule when it comes to participating in these larger All Star games. Don't quote me on that, but I think there is. Also the time constraints with games would make it nearly impossible, as athletes are at each game for up to a week prior to the game.

I'm not sure how prestige is measured when it comes to these things, but I think the Under Armour game is a notch or two below the Army All-American game IMO. The UA game has only been around for a few years. It was created more as a "marketing" initiative by UA - and to have an all-star game in Florida. It has ESPN as a broadcast partner which is one of the reasons why the ESPN rankings are so messed up...they are partially based on the UA participation. Also, it seems like more of your prima-donna recruits end up there...so they can play in the skills competition and other crap that is televised. Personally, I like the Army AA game better...it's about the game, the bands, our soldiers, etc. The UA game is about the individuals and marketing Under Armour.