AP witer has Huskers losing to Aggies in 'upset special'

hackflak

He also has Iowa beating tOSU. Clearly he is smoking crack.

Actually, the Iowa pick is not a bad one. Until proven otherwise, Ohio State is about as overrated as they come.

Perhaps you're right. But I'm betting on the Bucks. (Which means Iowa will win for sure, now.)

He also has Iowa beating tOSU. Clearly he is smoking crack.

Actually, the Iowa pick is not a bad one. Until proven otherwise, Ohio State is about as overrated as they come.

Fortunately for tOSU, they are playing the only team that was possibly more overrated. I live in Des Moines, and I am 1,000 percent serious when i say that hawkeye fan was pretty sure they would have their shot at the NC, and at a minimum the B10 conf champ...They are a dropped pass away from four losses and looking down the barrel of #5. We'll see...

Considering we're only 2-1/2 point favorites, I'm not sure this should really classify as an "upset special".

I have a feeling we're going to be okay this weekend. This game has the feeling of the KSU game actually, a team that wants to believe it's ready for the prime time and they are doing anything and everything to convince people and throw everything they have at the game. But, is it false hype/hope? I think they might be getting a little ahead of themselves, similar to KSU. Both good teams, but clearly KSU wasn't ready to play a legit top 10 team and while I think A&M is a vast upgrade from KSU, are they ready for our D, is a QB that has 3 starts under his belt ready for our DB's? Is their D ready for our offensive attack? Will they sell out to stop the run while Magic burns them over the top like OSU or will they pull guys out of the box to respect the pass and let Magic/Helu/Rex run wild?

I think the O comes to play and the D continues their dominance over a pass heavy offense and we clinch the North.

Here's to hoping my feeling is right! I've only had this feeling one other time this year and that was the MU game, so I hope my streak can stay in tact!!

Considering we're only 2-1/2 point favorites, I'm not sure this should really classify as an "upset special".

I have a feeling we're going to be okay this weekend. This game has the feeling of the KSU game actually, a team that wants to believe it's ready for the prime time and they are doing anything and everything to convince people and throw everything they have at the game. But, is it false hype/hope? I think they might be getting a little ahead of themselves, similar to KSU. Both good teams, but clearly KSU wasn't ready to play a legit top 10 team and while I think A&M is a vast upgrade from KSU, are they ready for our D, is a QB that has 3 starts under his belt ready for our DB's? Is their D ready for our offensive attack? Will they sell out to stop the run while Magic burns them over the top like OSU or will they pull guys out of the box to respect the pass and let Magic/Helu/Rex run wild?

I think the O comes to play and the D continues their dominance over a pass heavy offense and we clinch the North.

Here's to hoping my feeling is right! I've only had this feeling one other time this year and that was the MU game, so I hope my streak can stay in tact!!

Great post. You make a lot of good points and I hope you're right. On the other hand, I see your apparently accurate intuition thus far in the season, and raise you my own accurate intuition:

1) I had a bad feeling we'd have a let down against SDSU

2) I thought there was a decent chance we'd lose to Texas

3) Thought OSU was a toss up

4) Felt confident we'd beat Mizzou

5) Had a bad feeling about ISU

6) Thought we'd show up flat against KU

Now I'm having something between a bad feeling about this game and feeling like it's a toss up a la Okie State. Several things that are bugging me:

1) Marrtinez is gimpy. Until proven otherwise, I'm concerned that he is limited physically. And if he is not a threat in the run game, our entire run game becomes very defensible. A&M has a quality secondary of its own and Martinez is not afraid to throw a pick every now and again.

2) Our defense looked plenty stout against K State, but managed to give up a whole bunch of yards against Okie State. Our D looked stout again against Mizzou, then gave up a bunch of yards against Iowa State. Our D looked stout against KU, but then . . . . See where I'm going?

3) By all accounts, this game figures to be a close one. What can make all the difference in close games? Bad officiating and fumbles. Well it's clear the Big XII officials hate us and we put the ball on the carpet more than anyone in Division I football, I believe.

I really hope I'm wrong, kids, but I think there's a decent chance A&M gets the W in this one.

Iowa has a great squad. An amazing D-line. They can most certainly beat Ohio St.

I've never seen a great 3 loss team at this point in the season.

:yeah

They have losses to both Arizona and Northwestern - both 3 loss teams too. Although I agree that there is a chance they can beat tOSU but I wouldn't put money on it. They are not a "great" team.

Great post. You make a lot of good points and I hope you're right. On the other hand, I see your apparently accurate intuition thus far in the season, and raise you my own accurate intuition:

1) I had a bad feeling we'd have a let down against SDSU

2) I thought there was a decent chance we'd lose to Texas

3) Thought OSU was a toss up

4) Felt confident we'd beat Mizzou

5) Had a bad feeling about ISU

6) Thought we'd show up flat against KU

Now I'm having something between a bad feeling about this game and feeling like it's a toss up a la Okie State. Several things that are bugging me:

1) Marrtinez is gimpy. Until proven otherwise, I'm concerned that he is limited physically. And if he is not a threat in the run game, our entire run game becomes very defensible. A&M has a quality secondary of its own and Martinez is not afraid to throw a pick every now and again.

2) Our defense looked plenty stout against K State, but managed to give up a whole bunch of yards against Okie State. Our D looked stout again against Mizzou, then gave up a bunch of yards against Iowa State. Our D looked stout against KU, but then . . . . See where I'm going?

3) By all accounts, this game figures to be a close one. What can make all the difference in close games? Bad officiating and fumbles. Well it's clear the Big XII officials hate us and we put the ball on the carpet more than anyone in Division I football, I believe.

I really hope I'm wrong, kids, but I think there's a decent chance A&M gets the W in this one.

1) In the 5 Big 12 games Martinez has played in, he's thrown only 1 INT. So, I'd say he minds a great deal whether or not he throws a pick. Clearly his efficiency as a passer has been instrumental in our ability to move the ball and put points on the board.

2) I see where you're going with your points about the defense. But, it's important to remember this is November, historically the D's most dominating month. And that incredible effort against KU is far more impressive than any of the games our D has played so far, which is very promising for our upcoming games IMO.

3) While we can't control the refs' calls, we can absolutely control our fumbles. Obviously we've had trouble in the last 2 weeks, but we'd shown vast improvement vs OSU and Mizzou. So, I expect to see vast improvement against aTm.

I was at the Iowa vs Northwestern game and also watched it on replay. Iowa seemed sluggish and made mistakes like penalties and dropped passes all at the worst times. Their punts were awful, too. If they don't straighten those things out they lose again to tOSU.

As far as NU/aTm, I'm hoping the Aggies are looking forward to the Texas game, not concentrating on Nebr., but probably not since they look so easy to beat and we are ranked in the top 10.

Our pass D should handle their pass O, it'll be a fight in the trenches on the line, tho'.