NU vs. Miami

knapplc

Went to last night's game and had a great time. Miami has a very fast, athletic team, and made a bunch of runs at the Huskers, but every time they made a push we responded. The Huskers won 99-85, in a game that featured huge performances by Sr. Dominique Kelley and Fr. Jordan Hooper. Hooper is the real deal, and if you liked watching Kelsey Griffin last year, Hooper is probably the next best thing. She looks a lot like a younger Griffin to me.

Lindsey Moore was fearless driving the lane against a very physical Hurricanes squad, and Sr. forward Catheryn Redmon was very impressive, nearly posting a double-double in the first half (12 pts/9 REB). Redmon seemed tentative and unsure to my untrained eye last year, but last night she was a revelation, giving the Huskers strong minutes in the paint and a serious scoring threat.

If you enjoyed watching the Huskers rip through the Big XII last year, you'll probably enjoy this year as well. I was concerned after we lost so many strong seniors off last year's team, but this group is definitely ready to compete again. We're currently unranked, but look for that to change, if last night's game was any indication. This is another good Connie Yori team.

Good catch, guys. I thought the folks around me the other night said we weren't ranked, and I glanced at the AP poll only before I wrote that.

I think we'll be ranked in both polls soon. Again, a very impressive win the other night. If you're around Lincoln I highly recommend trying to catch a game before the place gets packed to the rafters like it was the second half of last year. Wednesday there were only 4,000 people at the game.

We play Saint Mary's tomorrow, so if you're in the mood for a sure win, head on over to the Bob.