Will our lot with Big 10 officials be any different?

Husker66

Please don't ban me for life for what I am about to say but....

I am starting to wonder if our lot with big 10 officials will be any different than these Big 12 officials. I am in the camp that I don't think officials are getting together before the game putting together a plan of how to screw nebraska. I do think the officials for the most part do not like Bo. My guess is they come into the game with their guard up because they know its going to be 60 minutes of f bombs, screaming and berzerkness. If we are at our jobs doing the best we can, and somoeone is in our ear all the time dropping f bombs at us, going on woody hayes style exoplosions, its going to effect you. you are going to get tired of it. you are going to react.

long term, I wonder if Bo's bedside manor will prove to be a liability for this program.

I am growing more uncomfortable with the multitude of berzerkness on the sideline. Whatever Martinez did could not have been worth the asschewing he got on national TV last night. there were so many berzerk confronatations with the officials..they are human and will only be told to F off so many times before they are going to start throwing flags. At one point I was wondering how Bo is coaching when he is spending so much time jawing at the officials. Bos average outburst, which there seems to be one every play or 2, most coaches only get to if they get a bad call on the last play of the game and lose...A bench foul last night...really? Doesn't that only happen in basketball?

having been around some of these officials, I think the officials would tell you that they know a lot of calls get missed. the game moves very fast, its hard to see it all. they cant go back and see junk getting grabbed on a replay when they are focusing on where the ball is in the pile. that stuff happens everywhere!They dont watch ESPN, read the sports page or come on these boards so they can be as impartial as possible. a lot of them are very successful personally and don't have the time for it. they call the game the best they can. BUT, they are human too and I know if I was an offical out there ...this amount of abuse from Bo would get old quick. I would be on the defensive the second I walked into the stadium.

I hope Bo's career does not end like Woody Hayes' did.

OK, come after me, but I have said whats on my mind.

For crying out loud, do people on this board think that Bo Pelini is the only football coach in the world that yells at officials?

Go watch Oregon play. Or Stanford. Or Oklahoma. Or Texas. Or Florida. Or Iowa. Or go watch some NFL Films.

It's football. The refs have been getting yelled at for decades. It's nothing new.

For crying out loud, do people on this board think that Bo Pelini is the only football coach in the world that yells at officials?

Go watch Oregon play. Or Stanford. Or Oklahoma. Or Texas. Or Florida. Or Iowa. Or go watch some NFL Films.

It's football. The refs have been getting yelled at for decades. It's nothing new.

Bo practically goes postal...I do not see other coaches going at it at Bo's level.

Well we go from BlackSheep to newbie- I think the first year or two might be rough in the Big10. That's what switching conferences gets you.

As for Bo- switching conferences is time maybe he can temur himself just little. I love the passion, but the i agree the constant screaming is not working.

I think it might be different in the Big 10. I think that Bo, coming from Ohio, played for Ohio State, played in the Big 10 will make a difference.

As for other coaches not going 'bezerk' during the game: Did anyone see Iowa State's coach during last night's game? He was every bit as livid at the officiating of their game than Bo was at ours. When you're getting hosed for something you didn't do, you will get a little 'hot under the collar' to say the least. And about him yelling at Martinez: He was trying to get him fired up. Just because you're a 'star quarterback' doesn't mean you can sit and sulk after you get hurt. You need to be in there motivating your guys to play harder. Pelini saw that Martinez wasn't doing that so gave him an earful. I also think that because it's so noisy sometimes (and not just at last night's game) that Bo exaggerates his speech so he can be heard. He had every right to be angry. Anyone watching that game who has any football sense at all saw what happened-even people from A & M commented that they knew the refs gave them that game.

A & M knows it won this game by their '12th Man'=He was wearing stripes.

ladyhawke~

Please don't ban me for life for what I am about to say but....

I am starting to wonder if our lot with big 10 officials will be any different than these Big 12 officials. I am in the camp that I don't think officials are getting together before the game putting together a plan of how to screw nebraska. I do think the officials for the most part do not like Bo. My guess is they come into the game with their guard up because they know its going to be 60 minutes of f bombs, screaming and berzerkness. If we are at our jobs doing the best we can, and somoeone is in our ear all the time dropping f bombs at us, going on woody hayes style exoplosions, its going to effect you. you are going to get tired of it. you are going to react.

long term, I wonder if Bo's bedside manor will prove to be a liability for this program.

I am growing more uncomfortable with the multitude of berzerkness on the sideline. Whatever Martinez did could not have been worth the asschewing he got on national TV last night. there were so many berzerk confronatations with the officials..they are human and will only be told to F off so many times before they are going to start throwing flags. At one point I was wondering how Bo is coaching when he is spending so much time jawing at the officials. Bos average outburst, which there seems to be one every play or 2, most coaches only get to if they get a bad call on the last play of the game and lose...A bench foul last night...really? Doesn't that only happen in basketball?

having been around some of these officials, I think the officials would tell you that they know a lot of calls get missed. the game moves very fast, its hard to see it all. they cant go back and see junk getting grabbed on a replay when they are focusing on where the ball is in the pile. that stuff happens everywhere!They dont watch ESPN, read the sports page or come on these boards so they can be as impartial as possible. a lot of them are very successful personally and don't have the time for it. they call the game the best they can. BUT, they are human too and I know if I was an offical out there ...this amount of abuse from Bo would get old quick. I would be on the defensive the second I walked into the stadium.

I hope Bo's career does not end like Woody Hayes' did.

OK, come after me, but I have said whats on my mind.