Other than the roughing the passer, exactly which call was bad?

I just rewatched the game on DVR, and, while I admit that 16-2 sounds really bad, there aren't a lot of individual bad calls that I can find to complain about, with the notable exception of the late roughing call. As an Aggie fan, I felt the same way about the obviously bad roughing call that kept the Nebraska drive alive in 2006. I would be very upset about the roughing call last night as well, if I were you guys.

I would also be upset that the officials did not see our DT playing dirty on the play when yall's #81 went off. But he had to call the kick. He had to call him for taking his helmet off. Pelini was begging for a personal fouls with the way he was relentlessly cussing out the sideline ref. The PI that was picked up would have been exasperating but, again, it was the right call.

I can understand you guys being frustrated, but (in my opinion) you guys are going way overboard. That has not been my history with you guys, and it is surprising to me. I will be rooting for you guys in the Big 10, as I hate all of those teams.

The biggest gripe is the lack of calls on A&M's side. Most Nebraska fans saw numerous plays that looked just as much like holding as any of ours did, just one example.

I agree that nearly all of our penalties were deserved or at least could have went either way (some of them I have no idea, since we never saw them and ESPN wouldn't go back to them), but I don't agree that A&M played 60 minutes of near, entirely mistake free football.

• Fire 2

I just rewatched the game on DVR, and, while I admit that 16-2 sounds really bad, there aren't a lot of individual bad calls that I can find to complain about, with the notable exception of the late roughing call. As an Aggie fan, I felt the same way about the obviously bad roughing call that kept the Nebraska drive alive in 2006. I would be very upset about that call as well.

I would also be upset that the officials did not see our DT playing dirty on the play when yall's #81 went off. But he had to call the kick. He had to call him for taking his helmet off. Pelini was begging for a personal fouls with the way he was relentlessly cussing out the sideline ref. The PI that was picked up would have been exasperating but, again, it was the right call.

I can understand you guys being frustrated, but (in my opinion) you guys are going way overboard. That has not been my history with you guys, and it is surprising to me. I will be rooting for you guys in the Big 10, as I hate all of those teams.

For me the roughing call was the bad call, which obviously gave you guys the lead. I had a big problem with the fact that #71(I believe) from your O-Line was never penalized for holding. There are easily 4 obvious holds during that game that should have been called. I don't think it was necessary to penalize our player twice on the kick, but that's just my opinion.

then you would have noticed that one of Texas AM guys was touching Ben Cottons junk. That IS a penalty if you look in the rulebook, in fact, they called it in a game one time. So instead of having the penalty be on us, there should have been a penalty on texas AM as well, which means offsetting penalties. Also, the AM wr clearly was holding Dennards hand and pushing off of him first, which should have been offensive PI. Also, I saw numerous times that Texas AM players putting a hand on our facebook or holding, especially their oline. So youre telling me the most penalized team in the big 12 is only going to have two penalties? Something isnt fishy there? Maybe if you watched the game in more detail you would have seen some of the other non calls or bad calls. Also, can you tell me how there were personal fouls on Martin? I didnt see any personal fouls on him so maybe you could tell how they were pesonal fouls?

Most Huskers might completely disagree with me, but I agree with what you're saying. Nearly all the calls against us were correct, it's just that roughing the passer that is absolute garbage.

I think the Cotton penalties were crap, but that's how it always is called. There should have obviously been a penalty on you as well, but that usually won't get called. Yeah, the ref did what he had to do (once he saw Cotton kicking) but my question is HOW could he not see him being groped? If all he saw was Cotton kicking, then he made the right call based on what he saw; however, he should have been able to see more.

Other than that, I won't complain about the calls against us. There were multiple holdings missed against you guys, and that's what a lot of us are going to complain about. It's not necessarily that our number of penalties was too high, it's just that yours was too low.

Picking up the PI flag, after calling PI on Dennard for arguably the same level of interference is probably the second most egregious example of poor officiating in that game.

And I understand the "he kicked the player, the ref had to throw the flag" argument, but somebody please answer me this: WHAT WAS BEN COTTON SUPPOSED TO DO? Let him keep twisting???

I just rewatched the game on DVR, and, while I admit that 16-2 sounds really bad, there aren't a lot of individual bad calls that I can find to complain about, with the notable exception of the late roughing call. As an Aggie fan, I felt the same way about the obviously bad roughing call that kept the Nebraska drive alive in 2006. I would be very upset about that call as well.

For me the roughing call was the bad call, which obviously gave you guys the lead. I had a big problem with the fact that #71(I believe) from your O-Line was never penalized for holding. There are easily 4 obvious holds during that game that should have been called. I don't think it was necessary to penalize our player twice on the kick, but that's just my opinion.

They had two throw two flags on Cotton the kick and the stuf aftward -- they where not for the same thing but a lot of people on here is complaining about the two flags -- Accoring to the rules he should have been ejected!

I just rewatched the game on DVR, and, while I admit that 16-2 sounds really bad, there aren't a lot of individual bad calls that I can find to complain about, with the notable exception of the late roughing call. As an Aggie fan, I felt the same way about the obviously bad roughing call that kept the Nebraska drive alive in 2006. I would be very upset about the roughing call last night as well, if I were you guys.

All the procedure penalties are fine. We are used to that from the past two years. Yeah, I'll agree that Cotton should have been penalized. He was getting the business but he should have controlled that. Human error there on the officials. The penalties that are BS are the ones on Eric Martin, Courtney Osbourne, and the no-call on the A&M DB. Now, they never actually showed the penalties on Eric Martin so that's an automatic BS right there. Courtney Osbourne made a legal hit on Ryan Tannehill a half second after he threw the ball. Not illegal. Finally, that no-call on the A&M which was obviously PI. Here's the thing, if the DB had just jumped in front of the pass, no big deal. But, he was holding onto the receiver's arm as he did it which didn't allow him to catch the ball. Obvious PI.

That, my Aggie friend, is why we are angry.

I think roughing the passer is the big part of it. As well as someone saying the illegal formations maybe weren't really illegal.

Not a whole lot of bad calls, but it's different. There are games that are officiated poorly with a lot of missed calls. I think last night, we saw the officials not giving the Huskers any leeway. A one-sided affair in how they handled the game, and that's what chafes people.

Well, I STRONGLY disagree about two things:

1) the PI on your DB on the 3rd down play to Fuller was, to me, obviously the right call.

2) the non-PI on our DB on the 3rd down play near the goalline was, to me, obviously the right call (though it was close). The flag never should have been thrown in the first place.

I can understand those two calls frustrating you guys. Truly, I can. But I think your emotion is getting the best of you. I thought both of those calls were correct.

That's just my honest opinion.

How are the calls against Martin BS -- no one has seen replay -- NO one knows what he was called for -

All the procedure penalties are fine. We are used to that from the past two years. Yeah, I'll agree that Cotton should have been penalized. He was getting the business but he should have controlled that. Human error there on the officials. The penalties that are BS are the ones on Eric Martin, Courtney Osbourne, and the no-call on the A&M DB. Now, they never actually showed the penalties on Eric Martin so that's an automatic BS right there. Courtney Osbourne made a legal hit on Ryan Tannehill a half second after he threw the ball. Not illegal. Finally, that no-call on the A&M which was obviously PI. Here's the thing, if the DB had just jumped in front of the pass, no big deal. But, he was holding onto the receiver's arm as he did it which didn't allow him to catch the ball. Obvious PI.

That, my Aggie friend, is why we are angry.

1) the PI on your DB on the 3rd down play to Fuller was, to me, obviously the right call.

2) the non-PI on our DB on the 3rd down play near the goalline was, to me, obviously the right call (though it was close). The flag never should have been thrown in the first place.

I can understand those two calls frustrating you guys. Truly, I can. But I think your emotion is getting the best of you. I thought both of those calls were correct.

If they hadn't thrown the flag and then picked it up, I would probably feel differently. The fact that they huddled and decided, "you know, we actually don't want Nebraska to be first and goal" is what pisses me off. PI is a judgement call made by the ref closest to the action. It's not really something that you can huddle up and debate about.

There's no way you can convince me that Dennard's PI was legit, either. Again, contrast that with what they let slide against A&M. Too similar to rule differently vs. the other team.

They had two throw two flags on Cotton the kick and the stuf aftward -- they where not for the same thing but a lot of people on here is complaining about the two flags -- Accoring to the rules he should have been ejected!

Apparently, reading comprehension isnt your strength. If you read my post, that should have also been a personal foul on A&M's player that was grabbing Cotton's junk. That IS a personal foul and they have called that in a game before.

I can't argue with that, even wearing my red shades. But like I stated, I had a problem with the lack of holding calls.