Other than the roughing the passer, exactly which call was bad?

Again, this was AT KYLE FIELD! The difference was that we played well enough to take it out of the ref's hands.

I think you're deluding yourself a little bit here. Your win against Oklahoma was as much a by-product of Oklahoma's pitiful short yardage game as it was by "you playing well enough to take the game out of the ref's hands." I mean, I'm willing to give you credit for one, maybe two, stands at 1st and Goal from the one, but how many did they botch? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it that happened at least three times. Furthermore, they dropped a sure touchdown on the fake field goal through no action on your part. I don't care how good you are, for something like that to happen, you need the other team to help you out.

And I give you credit for last night - your team played a clean game from an execution standpoint. No fumbles, interceptions, missed field goals, dropped passes in the endzone, or other unforced miscues which would allow us to make up for the harm inflicted upon us by the referees. If only Oklahoma could say the same. :facepalm:

You guys can scream all you want about the officiating, but none of you have acknowledged the other areas of the game that played just as big of a role in the loss, if not bigger, than the officiating.

You'll find plenty of those threads cropping up, though to be frank, I'd like to see you put your 3rd string QB out there for half the game and see how well your offense moves the ball. Then, roll out Tannehill with a broken ankle (goodbye bootlegs, QB draws, pocket elusiveness) and try some more. It wouldn't go well for you, just as it didn't go well for us.

You had two turnovers on drives that could have lead to points. You failed to capitalize on three possessions that started at midfield. THREE! Our terrible punting put you in favorable field position all night. If you manage to drive 25 yards on just one of those possessions, then it could have been a completely different ball game. You had 3:02 left on the clock for your final drive and, once again, you failed to produce points.

Sure would have been nice to block without fear of even the possibility of a holding call. Also, it would've been nice if we could have received two 3rd and Long PIs and a 3rd and long Roughing the Passer (a la your last two possessions). Youcouldn't move the ball against us without significant assistance in crunch time either - I wouldn't come here talking about failing to produce points when necessary.

Many of have said the questionable roughing the passer penalty gave us an "automatic" field goal because it put us on the 35 yard line. Not true. Our kicking game, as I am sure you noticed, is still a work in progress. No way was that an "automatic" 3 points for us. Even after the penalty, we drove for another 32 yards. Again, you had multiple opportunities to stop us and force a field goal of greater difficulty.

Agree on this...to a certain extent. But still, we shouldn't have to get off the field 2,3,4 times per possession. Eventually you are going to catch a break (as you did with Gray's 20+ yard run).

The tough part to take about the "we could have done something more to overcome" the referees argument is that you did not do anything more to win the game than we did. The game is a freaking statistical dead heat. You may have caught some rough calls against Oklahoma, but those were nullified by Oklahoma's gifts right back to you. Unfortunately for us, you didn't pay it forward last night.

Simply put, you didn't do enough to lose the game, and that won you the game. I don't begrudge you that - I'd take it in were I in your position, but I also would realize what a gift we received.

• Fire 2

Well, I STRONGLY disagree about two things:

1) the PI on your DB on the 3rd down play to Fuller was, to me, obviously the right call.

2) the non-PI on our DB on the 3rd down play near the goalline was, to me, obviously the right call (though it was close). The flag never should have been thrown in the first place.

I can understand those two calls frustrating you guys. Truly, I can. But I think your emotion is getting the best of you. I thought both of those calls were correct.

That's just my honest opinion.

I haven't read all the responses, got to this and hit reply.

NUMBER ONE IS A JOKE. The dude YANKED Dennard's arm!!! watch the freaking replay. That was OFFENSIVE PI not defensive. He freaking pulled dennard down. Good try though.

#2, it was a close call, but they threw the flag. NEVER have I seen a penalty flag picked up for DPI when the ball hits the receiver, just when the ball "isn't catchable".. the flag was thrown, the penalty shouldn't of stayed.

Other frustrating penalties were the multiple holds on A&M that were no calls that were as bad or worse than anything on nebraska. the thing on cotton is pathetic, and the Roughing call is the biggest joke in football.

Here's the stat of the night. Texas A&M earned three separate first downs via penalty. All three were in the last 20 minutes of the game.

With the score tied 3-3 late in the third quarter, Texas A&M began the first of their final two drives. In the first drive, Nebraska was called for two separate penalties which gave A&M first downs - the first on 2nd-and-10 and the second on 3rd-and-8. The first was Courtney Osborne's PI call, which was legit since Osborne went through the back of the receiver, but the second was the PI call on Dennard where both players were fighting for position. This should not have been called, yet was, and it went against Nebraska.

The next, and most egregious, came on A&M's final scoring drive. On 3rd-and-11 from Nebraska's 49 yard line, Tannehill throws an incomplete pass under pressure. However, Osborne was called for perhaps the worst call of the game, a personal foul for roughing the passer. This gives TAMU first down on Nebraska's 34, and the Aggies go on to kick the game-winning field goal.

Of these three calls, one was completely legitimate, one was questionable and likely should not have been called, and the third was horrifically wrong.

Texas A&M played a fine game. Their defense played wonderfully. But there is no way an Aggie fan with an ounce of self-respect can look at the final score and think they earned this win. It is safer to say they didn't lose than to say they won this game.

Picking up the PI flag, after calling PI on Dennard for arguably the same level of interference is probably the second most egregious example of poor officiating in that game.

The pass interference on Dennard was perfectly fine. Dennard did not even get his head around to look at the ball. Why can't people understand that if you do not get your head around to look at the ball as a defender that penalty will be called on you 99% of the time.

The only call I'm really angry about is the roughing the passer, which is an undeniably bad call.

Picking up the PI flag, after calling PI on Dennard for arguably the same level of interference is probably the second most egregious example of poor officiating in that game.

The pass interference on Dennard was perfectly fine. Dennard did not even get his head around to look at the ball. Why can't people understand that if you do not get your head around to look at the ball as a defender that penalty will be called on you 99% of the time.

The only call I'm really angry about is the roughing the passer, which is an undeniably bad call.

Uh, no. The ball was underthrown, and the receiver couldn't get to it, so he grabbed Alphonso and tried to pull him out of the way.

The bottom line is this. A&M is an average team. You needed 16-2 penalty ratio with a gift to keep your last drive alive to get a go ahead field goal. You had a 2-0 turnover edge and a 3rd string qb playing most of the first half...a gimpy qb the second. Home field advantage. All of these factors and you scored 9 points. Nine. Let's look at it in a different format.

16-2 penalties

+2 turnover margin

Home field

3rd string qb for 1 half

Injured qb for 2nd half

Nine points

It's like ISU needing 8 turnovers last year to score 9 points. Enjoy the win. All I'm saying is don't fool yourself into believing your football team is anything more than a decent squad in a down big 12 year.

The bottom line is this. A&M is an average team. You needed 16-2 penalty ratio with a gift to keep your last drive alive to get a go ahead field goal. You had a 2-0 turnover edge and a 3rd string qb playing most of the first half...a gimpy qb the second. Home field advantage. All of these factors and you scored 9 points. Nine. Let's look at it in a different format.

16-2 penalties

+2 turnover margin

Home field

3rd string qb for 1 half

Injured qb for 2nd half

Nine points

It's like ISU needing 8 turnovers last year to score 9 points. Enjoy the win. All I'm saying is don't fool yourself into believing your football team is anything more than a decent squad in a down big 12 year.

Our average team did a heck of a job blowing up your OL in the second half then. And Baylor's. And OU's. Holding OSU to less points than NU. Beating Kansas by more points than NU. Etc.

I don't necessarily think A&M is the better team but I find it interesting that, despite the penalties in this particular game, A&M looks to be a pretty good team this season yet some refuse to give any credit.

I don't necessarily think A&M is the better team but I find it interesting that, despite the penalties in this particular game, A&M looks to be a pretty good team this season yet some refuse to give any credit.

If you would have read this forum the previous four months you would have seen dozens and dozens and dozens of people talking about how concerned we were about playing A&M. You guys got tons of respect on this forum all season. The fact that you barely beat us by one field goal after that RIDICULOUS discrepancy in penalties is going to tone down the respect for your team quite a bit.

Is A&M bad? Of course not. Is Nebraska better? Probably, but we didn't always show it on the field Saturday. Did the refs dramatically affect the outcome of this game? Absolutely, and any game commentary that doesn't bring this up is doing a disservice to both teams.

Uh, no. The ball was underthrown, and the receiver couldn't get to it, so he grabbed Alphonso and tried to pull him out of the way.

Did you even watch the replay Trouble? Their wr initiated contact, grabbed Dennard and tried to push him out of the way. It was at-least as much offensive PI as defensive. Should've been a no-call.

Here's the stat of the night. Texas A&M earned three separate first downs via penalty. All three were in the last 20 minutes of the game.

With the score tied 3-3 late in the third quarter, Texas A&M began the first of their final two drives. In the first drive, Nebraska was called for two separate penalties which gave A&M first downs - the first on 2nd-and-10 and the second on 3rd-and-8. The first was Courtney Osborne's PI call, which was legit since Osborne went through the back of the receiver, but the second was the PI call on Dennard where both players were fighting for position. This should not have been called, yet was, and it went against Nebraska.

The next, and most egregious, came on A&M's final scoring drive. On 3rd-and-11 from Nebraska's 49 yard line, Tannehill throws an incomplete pass under pressure. However, Osborne was called for perhaps the worst call of the game, a personal foul for roughing the passer. This gives TAMU first down on Nebraska's 34, and the Aggies go on to kick the game-winning field goal.

Of these three calls, one was completely legitimate, one was questionable and likely should not have been called, and the third was horrifically wrong.

Texas A&M played a fine game. Their defense played wonderfully. But there is no way an Aggie fan with an ounce of self-respect can look at the final score and think they earned this win. It is safer to say they didn't lose than to say they won this game.

I think that even Herby said, "Looks like a little offensive pass interference." That's what I thought, too, but I knew which way the call was going 8-|

:moreinteresting :moreinteresting :moreinteresting

:moreinteresting :moreinteresting :moreinteresting

so? what team's fanbase believes its team is getting an adequate amount of respect? aTm is getting a lot of respect here and nationally. but what do you want from us? what is interesting? i think it is interesting that you think it is interesting that you, as an aTm fan, think your team is pretty good this season yet some refuse to give it any credit. that seems rather banal to me.

again, how is it interesting? what do you want from us? what would make it less interesting to you. should we all change our sig to say, "aTm is a pretty good team and i for one do NOT refuse to give an appropriate amount of credit"?