Weight: 233

40 time: 4.64

Visit Date: Oct. 7, 2005

Scholarships offered: Nebraska and Univ. of Central Florida

Favorites: Committed to Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #41/ :star:star:star

Bid Red Report: NR

Assessing the talent: Somewhat raw, but his size and speed have helped his development and game on the field. He can do it all: intercept passes, cause and recover fumbles, run down ball carriers and sack the quarterback.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 95% His teammate, Andre Jones who is also strongly considering the Huskers, and Allen are going to be visiting on the same day in Oct, against Texas Tech. Considering they both have an offer and have strong feelings for NU there’s a possibility of a commit by on of these two JUCO’s. Busch and Blake are recruiting him.

• 4 weeks later...

well, looks like we picked up 3 more JUCO's from FCC.........wondering what this recent trend is all about? that is it seems more JUCO players are coming into major college programs.........i assume it is based on issues which prevents them from being recruited as high school grads? grades, etc. ? thoughts?

hunter

It's just a matter of kids who never paid attention to grades and got themselves into the juco ranks. Most of these guys usually understand that their dream of playing in DIV-A is over once they don't meet the admission criteria for DIV-A (unless you are Kansas St and accepts anyone with a D) and begin to work towards that goal.

As far as Juco rankings, i believe they usually release their rankings around the middle to end of October. Andre Jones should be a 5 star prospect, Steve Allen a 4 star prospect and Johnson a 3 star prospect

It's just a matter of kids who never paid attention to grades and got themselves into the juco ranks. Most of these guys usually understand that their dream of playing in DIV-A is over once they don't meet the admission criteria for DIV-A (unless you are Kansas St and accepts anyone with a D) and begin to work towards that goal.

As far as Juco rankings, i believe they usually release their rankings around the middle to end of October. Andre Jones should be a 5 star prospect, Steve Allen a 4 star prospect and Johnson a 3 star prospect.

thanks nameless, kind of what i expected........appreciate the feedback

hunter

journal.jpg

Nebraska apparently has picked up verbal commitments from three junior college football players, each of whom visited Lincoln this weekend.

Andre Jones, a cornerback from Fresno (Calif.) City College, this morning confirmed via cell phone that he and teammate Steve Allen committed to the Huskers. The 6-foot, 192-pound Jones picked NU over offers from Southern Cal, Arkansas, Oregon, Oregon State, Utah, Washington and Washington State.

Thousands of fans chanted his name at Saturday’s game against Tech, Jones said.

“It was the most amazing thing,” he said. “Those fans are ridiculous.”

Allen is a 6-foot-2, 230-pound linebacker who had received offers from Nebraska and Central Florida.

Meanwhile, Rivals.com confirmed that Nebraska also received a commitment from 6-3, 312-pound defensive tackle Brandon Johnson of Compton (Calif.) Community College, the same school that produced Ola Dagunduro.

Johnson also had an offer from Arizona and said last week he was receiving strong interest from Minnesota, Marshall, Colorado and Oregon.

Visit Date: Oct. 7, 2005

Scholarships offered: Nebraska and Univ. of Central Florida

Favorites: Committed to Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #41/ :star:star:star

Bid Red Report: NR

Assessing the talent: Somewhat raw, but his size and speed have helped his development and game on the field. He can do it all: intercept passes, cause and recover fumbles, run down ball carriers and sack the quarterback.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 95%

I haven't seen any info on him. For those of you who have, do you think he looks like octavien. I think octavien in the little bit i seen him this year would have been out best linebacker, he was all over the ball. I'm wondering if we can expect similar things from him, or will he be more similiar to dontrell moore and maybe not make an immediate impact. is he ready for B12 football.

To raw. He is more like Stew Bradley than Octavien. Solid hitter with decent quickness and is a good blitzer. He will struggle in coverage early on, which may effect his ability to contribute immediately. Octavien is a tremendous openfield tackler with great quickness, and he operates better in space, where as Allen looks like he operates better in traffic. More of a Sam backer than a Will.