Why do we have depth at every area except for WR??

Willie, I believe you've also mentioned that our staff has kept good "hands" guys off the field because they didn't also excel at blocking as well. If that's true and I'm not misremembering, could you elaborate on that as well?

That is Gilmore's excuse for always not playing folks. But if you want it more bluntly, IMO, he plays favorites. If you kiss Gilmore's rear-end and he likes you, then you will see snaps. No way I will believe Gilmore is as blind to some of the stuff that goes on in practice, and in games. It either boils down to he is mentally handicapped as to realize what goes on, or he plays favorites. Take your pick.

There are a couple of kids, younger guys on the team, who make plays all the time in practice, but never see snaps. Then you have guys like Will Henry and Tim Marlowe who go out on the field and never make one single play.

Or a guy like Chris Brooks from last year who made plays consistently when he got on the field, but yet never saw consistent playing time. Or a guy like Curenski, who struggles with concentration, but consistently gets behind defenses to stretch the field because he is that dadgum fast.

And Gilmore's constant excuse - they need to excel in other areas.

My take - who freakin' cares if they can block or not, even if that was the case. With our lack of playmakers out wide, if we have guys who consistently make plays, put them on the dang field.

If there was ever one coach I would get rid of on this staff, it would be Gilmore. And people know how much I dislike Barney, but Gilmore has BY FAR passed him on coaches on my poop list.

I agree with Big Willie 100%, and would like to add that Watson needs to take some responsibility for not developing WR's. Wats has been OC for 4 or 5 years now, he has to have some responsibility for the lack of WR development.

Here is a thought, something I just came up with right now after coaching for 10 years. If a WR is really really good but isnt a great blocker, then do few things.

1. Run AWAY from the side he is on during the game.

2. Motion him across the formation and run away from him.

3. Run him deep on run plays to take a DB away.

4. Put him in when you are going to pass.

• Fire 1

I agree with Big Willie 100%, and would like to add that Watson needs to take some responsibility for not developing WR's. Wats has been OC for 4 or 5 years now, he has to have some responsibility for the lack of WR development.

:facepalm:

This is pure silliness. It is like saying Bo is the HC, and responsible for the whole staff, so in turn he is responsible for the horrid coaching of every coach who under-performs on our staff.

Again, the reality is this - a 'coordinator' at the college level does just a few things ..

• Stay responsible for your own personal position coaching duties
  • Tell his position coaches the style, scheme, and techniques he wants coached.
  • Trust the position coaches evaluations of talent, and their evaluations of the strengths of each player
  • Gameplan according to the opponent, and according to the strengths of our offense

During the week, Watson has three responsibilities - coach up the QBs, gameplan for the opponents, and make sure the position coaches understand the gameplan.

When you break it down to hand technique, beating a jam, route running, using your body, blocking, etc., that ALL falls directly on the position coach to teach their kids that. For you to expect another coach to come down from his own personal responsibilities to do another coaches responsibilities is silly.

This is major college football, it is no time to hold the hands of guys who should be fully capable to do their jobs. Every coach on this staff has a job to do and needs to carry their own weight, not lean on others to help them constantly.