A&M 8 penalties vs Texas

unl123

A&M ranks lower in the Big XII officiating scheme. Refs do what ever they can to help the Longhorns is the number one priority, then it goes down from there. Unfortunately for us, we are dead last when it comes to getting a fair shake from the refs. :sarcasm

Why the sarcasm? There is absolutely a hierarchy in the Conference's mind and Texas is regarded as the ace of spades in that deck. The officials have been trying to bail Texas out with calls all season. Just watch the end of their game with Baylor and you'll see. How about this: Think back to a time when you saw a BS call go against Texas. Yeah, I can't either.

Did you happen to see the Baylor vs Texas game? There was a fumbled punt in that game that should have given Baylor the ball deep in UT territory...but of course, the refs are buzzed from upstairs. After a lengthy review, the head official saunters to the middle of the field and proceeds to give some ridiculously asinine explanation of muffed punts, the advancement of the ball on a muffed punt, some other garbled nonsense, then finally, Texas ball. It clearly should have been Bears ball, goal to go.

It belongs on the list of classic Big 12 moments. God...I WANT OUT OF THIS CONFERENCE.

I work the sidelines for our local high school football games and so I am on the visitor's side with the downmarker. In the 6 seasons I have been doing that gig I have learned that different coaches get treated differently by officials. Those coaches with a long pedigree and a more gentlemanly demeanor get the calls. New or young coaches who behave as if they are getting buttraped after every play do not.

The natural order of the universe has returned. The Aggies get flagged finally, but still beat the Longhorns, and the Huskers put together a balanced team effort over the ragged and woolly Buffs, that has them headed for the Big XII Championship game. Yes I was not a happy Husker fan last week either, but what can we do? All is well in Huskerland tonight in spite of the injuries, bad calls, and no calls, and the crazy ride it's been so far. Congrats Aggies for giving the Longhorns their lump of Christmas coal early, and above all Congrats Huskers! I'm hoping a p.o.'d Bo and company hit Dallas like a prairie tornado next week, and they come away with the final Big XII trophy to be had. Right now I'm a very happy boy indeed.

A&M ranks lower in the Big XII officiating scheme. Refs do what ever they can to help the Longhorns is the number one priority, then it goes down from there. Unfortunately for us, we are dead last when it comes to getting a fair shake from the refs. :sarcasm

Why the sarcasm? There is absolutely a hierarchy in the Conference's mind and Texas is regarded as the ace of spades in that deck. The officials have been trying to bail Texas out with calls all season. Just watch the end of their game with Baylor and you'll see. How about this: Think back to a time when you saw a BS call go against Texas. Yeah, I can't either.

Yep, go check out the Stats thread. HUSKERCR (I think! I hope I didn't get the name wrong) tracked penalties against opponents for every big 12 team over the last 5 years. NU's opponents are the least, UT's are the most (almost 100 more penalties on their opponents). I mean, the numbers are easy to find. Granted, someone has to be at the bottom and someone has to be at the top, but this year it's a wild disparity.

And if you take the NU game out of A&M's season, their average is like 9.58. This game was below that average ;)

Again, don't want to turn this into an anti-A&M issue. I like A&M.

last years champ game where hey called the kick returners knee down even though he didn't have possession...