3 - 1000 yard rushers

Helu is already over 1000, Martinez needs 26 yards and Burkhead has the furthest to go still needing 178 yards. I don't doubt that if Martinez is at least healthy for the bowl game that he will get the 26 he needs. What are the odds that Burkead gets the yards that he needs in the next two games? If he only gets what he is averaging which is 68 a game then he would end up with roughly 960.

I don't believe NU has ever had 3 guys go over 1000 and I really don't know how many times it has ever happened in NCAA history. I do believe we would have been close in 2000 if the Bowl game stats counted towards season totals. Dan Alexander had well over a 1000, Crouch would have went over counting the bowl and Buckhalter would have had over 800 counting the bowl game.

Just think if the coaching staff hadn't played it smart(resting Roy, the majority of the second half, and Rex, the majority of the 4th) and Rex continued playing in the 4th, I don't think it would be a question of Rex hitting 1000 yards. At the rate he was going(5.3 a clip) he probably would have knocked the yards needed down to just over 100.

But kudos to the staff for being smart and resting NU's two best offensive threats.