The way it should be

HANC

Ahhhhh.... Nebraska vs Oklahoma for all the marbles.... This is the way it is meant to end.

I am 41 years old and can only remember "so-far" back, so for you older members, please forgive me, but what a great way to end. I am a football purist.

Over my lifetime, I have spent countless games in Lincoln , in Norman, or in my living room watching this historical rivalry. I remember all the games from about 1975 until present.

I have yelled, danced, drank, partied, cussed, and even cried throughout the years. As a young boy and even in college I "HATED" the Sooners with a passion. Then, Barry leaves and Tom leaves, and along come the 'wannabees" (KSU and CU)....

It wasn't until after college and I became a coach myself that I realized what a special rivalry and a great amount of respect that there was between the two programs. Yes, I still want to BEAT OU more now than ever, but I can honestly say that I RESPECT their program.

I have traveled to Norman countless times and have seen Neb. win many and lose our share, and have usually been treated well....of course, in my younger days, I (and buddies) probably brought a little bit of mistreatment on ourselves.

I hoped for this match up ALL YEAR... and I will be in Dallas rooting my a$$ off for my alma matar, but if we should lose (not planning on it), I can say that I will be able to sleep that night, knowing that this was HOW IT SHOULD BE... NU vs OU...

• Fire 2

Ahhhhh.... Nebraska vs Oklahoma for all the marbles.... This is the way it is meant to end.

I am 41 years old and can only remember "so-far" back, so for you older members, please forgive me, but what a great way to end. I am a football purist.

Over my lifetime, I have spent countless games in Lincoln , in Norman, or in my living room watching this historical rivalry. I remember all the games from about 1975 until present.

I have yelled, danced, drank, partied, cussed, and even cried throughout the years. As a young boy and even in college I "HATED" the Sooners with a passion. Then, Barry leaves and Tom leaves, and along come the 'wannabees" (KSU and CU)....

It wasn't until after college and I became a coach myself that I realized what a special rivalry and a great amount of respect that there was between the two programs. Yes, I still want to BEAT OU more now than ever, but I can honestly say that I RESPECT their program.

I have traveled to Norman countless times and have seen Neb. win many and lose our share, and have usually been treated well....of course, in my younger days, I (and buddies) probably brought a little bit of mistreatment on ourselves.

I hoped for this match up ALL YEAR... and I will be in Dallas rooting my a$$ off for my alma matar, but if we should lose (not planning on it), I can say that I will be able to sleep that night, knowing that this was HOW IT SHOULD BE... NU vs OU...

Good thoughts HANC, I would add that the couple of years when OU guys would come up from our same house in the 80's we always had a great time showing them the town, and they just loved the upside-down margaritas and the original side track (where the college kids had to 'steal it' from the bikers every week on Friday afternoon), sandwiches and schlitz from the caboose, and a bunch of other things i can't remember (!) It was a blast... they were our favorite visitors (it was a drunk mutual-respect society).

lets do this boys. I'm happier than a fat kid with cake....

Welcome to huskerboard LandThieves, hope you enjoy your time here. Great way to end all of this and I do have respect for the Sooners, but not Saturday. Saturday...........you're the enemy and you must be crushed! :box Some harmless trash talk to get the blood going.