Depth Chart

nepolo7

Does the Depth chart change at all with this week off.

I would not mind seeing more of Bowman in the defense, as well as more of the young talent on offense.

Seeing Glen rush the ball sat was great. I really think he could do some damage. I would really like to see more formations with a fullback. I think that could take some pressure off the line and Taylor. I always liked the handoff to the fullback. Always was good for 3 to 4 yards. Something like that could have changed things greatly these past games.

Curious to hear thoughts on the off week, practice and any possible movements.

I agree. PUT GLENN IN more. It was awesome to see 2 guys on him and he was still going for more yards. What a guy!! ABC had an awesome shot of lucky and glenn just standing on the sideline watching. It made me cry. PUT THESE STUDS IN. Thay are the future. (including beck)

Okay, lets say we do that and then win one more game, then what? Would you take Taylor and Co. with a 8 or 9 win season or Beck and younger Co. with three or four. There's no way the younger guys could come in and win on a large scale.

I agree.  PUT GLENN IN more.  It was awesome to see 2 guys on him and he was still going for more yards. What a guy!!  ABC had an awesome shot of lucky and glenn just standing on the sideline watching.  It made me cry.  PUT THESE STUDS IN.  Thay are the future. (including beck)

Okay, lets say we do that and then win one more game, then what? Would you take Taylor and Co. with a 8 or 9 win season or Beck and younger Co. with three or four. There's no way the younger guys could come in and win on a large scale.

I agree. I liked how Glenn did in there, but I don't think he needs to be "the man" just yet. I would like to see him get a few more carries in certain situations, though, considering how he was able to run with minimal blocking against Pitt.

Wow, this is the best topic i've read since being on this board...

Glenn was given a chance and i'm glad people liked what he did...I really hope to see him get a lot more touches in the future...

I honestly think Lucky and Glenn are the better two on the team...Glenn is dangerous by making his holes and pounding it in, but also...he hasnt got out in the open yet...he will GO....but Lucky is quick to hit a hole and try to find an opening. I'd rather either of the two get the ball...but I prefer Glenn. :woo

With the very limited time either has seen, it's kind of difficult to analyze and compare Lucky and Glenn. However, due to having a poor OL right now I would assume Glenn will shine more in this offense as a RB than Lucky right now. I saw on ESPN where Lucky is averaging a stellar 2.7 yards per carry. Apparently, Glenn hasn't carried the ball enough to make the stats page yet but I'm sure it's more than 2.7 yards per carry.

Lucky appears to be more of a finnesse runner kind of like Thunder Collins, Horne, etc. Glenn appears to be more of a brawler kind of like Calvin Jones, Alexander, etc. With poor blocking, we're going to have to have a RB who can move the pile when there isn't a hole. It seems to me that Glenn fits the mold better than Lucky at this time. However, I think we did see on a 2nd and short why Glenn may not have played more thus far this season when he bobbled the ball and nearly fumbled. He did collect himself very well and made the 1st down the very next play, but he did nearly end the drive by fumbling the ball.

The theme thus far in the season is a lot like last year. I don't like Jim Rose much, but he did make a valid point last night when he said this year seems like another "Lean On Me" year for Ross. We're going to ride this horse until he can go no more. One of the reasons we probably haven't seen Glenn switch to fullback yet is because he's seen how we utilize our FB. In this offense, the FB is little more than a pulling guard. His job is to protect the QB in passing downs, and his job is to block for the RB on running downs. Once in a great, great while we will throw an out pass to the FB. Last year, we rarely ever let the FB run the ball. If I were a RB, I wouldn't want to play FB either.

I'm just not sure why everyone is willing to play the freshmen a lot when we already have a stud back there carrying the ball? Ross got some great runs in and did average over 4 1/2 yards a carry. With the poor play of the OL, I think those numbers are outstanding he had against Pitt. Take away the fumbles against Maine, there is nothing you can really fault Ross for. However, I don't think it will be very smart to have Ross carry the ball 32 times when we get into stiffer competition. Glenn seems to be the better choice to give Ross a breather right now.

Wow, this is the best topic i've read since being on this board...

Glenn was given a chance and i'm glad people liked what he did...I really hope to see him get a lot more touches in the future...

I honestly think Lucky and Glenn are the better two on the team...Glenn is dangerous by making his holes and pounding it in, but also...he hasnt got out in the open yet...he will GO....but Lucky is quick to hit a hole and try to find an opening. I'd rather either of the two get the ball...but I prefer Glenn. :woo

Well, as far as Glenn goes, from what I saw you've been right all along Still. :)

I don't think we should start selling Ross short yet, though. He ran for more than a hundred yards and more than 30 carries.