Iowa State

Ok, maybe with the two week break the offense will drastically improve for the Iowa State game. I know I am kidding myself but I like to think we have just been holding back. I wish. Iowa State beat Iowa but was Iowa overrated? I think Pitt wanted to win the Nebraska game and needed to win that game more than we did and that's why they played so hard. Although our offense should have done better, Pitt played as hard as they ever have. I just hope Iowa State doesn't do us like they did Iowa.

I saw a really interesting article that addressed HCW, which is husker common wisdom or something like that, and essentially it said that whatever has been expected this year, like beating up Maine, or Wake being close, or Pitt being a blowout, has not happened. Im hoping that this trend continues into the Iowa State game and we force a few turnovers, the offense has a 2 or 3 good drives and we win easily, but maybe Im just dreaming.

I have bad feelings about the Iowa State game and the Texas Tech game after that. Thankfully Baylor isn't too far down the road.

THANKFULLY Baylor isn't too far down the road?!? :rolleyes: Last I checked, they are 3-0, and we play down there. And before you start criticizing their schedule and WHY they are 3-0...

I'll leave it at that ;)

I have bad feelings about the Iowa State game and the Texas Tech game after that. Thankfully Baylor isn't too far down the road.
as far as iowa state, I think we can beat them but things are going to have to improve on offense in a hurry. Texas tech well that game I dont think we win that game, trust me I hope i am wrong, but tech has a good offense and i dont think our defense can stop them all game unless our offense puts together some drives. GBR!!!

Well before we all go surrendering the Texas Tech game... here are some TT stats (through 2 games):

Rushing D: 32

Passing D: 47

Pass Efficiency D: 21

Total D: 33

And this is against: Florida Int'l and Sam Houston St. They gave up 21 to Sam Houston.

If our offense can get a bit of momentum through the off week and the Iowa St. game, we have a legit shot at these guys. But, this MUST happen to have a shot. Our defense will contain them well, but we are not going to shut them out by any means. We have to have our offense score. We aren't going to get by with 1 td, lol. I think we can hold them under 25 points (under 20 if we run the ball well, and get some good time-of-posession).. and with Tech's weak defense, I think with some momentum we should be able to outscore them... hopefully.

I honestly think that NU has enough talent to win any of the games on their schedule. Im not too sure that they will win any of them, if they play this way. Baylor is not gonna be easy, as billy c has yet to show that he can get his team to play well on the road. Im also afraid that NUs D will give up quite abit to Tech.

As of right now, these games are very questionable. Its gonna be hard to pick NU :(

IF the NU offense were only average ... say capable of scoring 3 TD's every game, I think we would beat ISU and have a shot at winning every game on the schedule!

BUT THE OFFENSE HAS BEEN TERRIBLE TO DATE! Is that our true offense? The best we can do?

I don't buy the idea we are "holding back". Good offensive teams get a lead and let the 2nd / 3rd string players finish the 4th QT and get experience for next year. They don't hid their talent for fear of some future opponent learning something.

That seems to leave 4 possible explanations:

1) No talent.

2) Inexperience. (The talent is there, but just needs time)

3) Mismatch between talent and offensive scheme.

4) Poor coaching.

Since our coaches haven't identified what the problem really is, we (the unpaid, loyal fans) can only speculate. The sad part is that fans are beginning to believe the explanation is #4 above.

There isn't a team we can't beat, in regard to our D

There isn't a team we can't loose to , in regard to our O

There isn't a day the coaches can afford to loose in fixing this problem

There, is, currently, according to HuskerPedia......

11 days, 12 hours, and 3 minutes to the ISU game.

I don't think there are any excuses for loosing this game, the coaches know what the problems are.

But if they do loose, I'm not going to upset or wary about it, either.

Well before we all go surrendering the Texas Tech game... here are some TT stats (through 2 games):

Rushing D: 32

Passing D: 47

Pass Efficiency D: 21

Total D: 33

And this is against: Florida Int'l and Sam Houston St. They gave up 21 to Sam Houston.

If our offense can get a bit of momentum through the off week and the Iowa St. game, we have a legit shot at these guys. But, this MUST happen to have a shot. Our defense will contain them well, but we are not going to shut them out by any means. We have to have our offense score. We aren't going to get by with 1 td, lol. I think we can hold them under 25 points (under 20 if we run the ball well, and get some good time-of-posession).. and with Tech's weak defense, I think with some momentum we should be able to outscore them... hopefully.

They also hung 80 on Sam Houston. The D doesn't have to play lights out when the O is putting up #'s like that. Nevertheless, TT never has been know for its D. It's their O that turns heads.