Big 12 against Nebraska Conspiracy?

74Hunter

We see wiseguys as sane, as rational, as committed to logic and numbers. Or at least as sane and rational as anyone who gambles on games for a living can be, right?

Certainly, when I talk to professional bettors, I am always impressed with how reasoned they sound. I guess it has to be that way. If you are going to depend on the bounce of the ball and coaches making smart decisions to pay the rent and fill your fridge, you need to have a foundation upon which to build your beliefs.

So, I was a little surprised when I spoke to Teddy Covers on Wednesday for Thursday's college football line moves column. Because he told me that one of the reasons the Sooners-Huskers line had popped was -- wait for it -- "conspiracy theorists."

LINK

• Fire 1

I just think that there may be some proof somewhere with emails or other paper trail that would show at bare minimum some indifference from the front office of the B12 to Nebraska. Not necessarily out and out cheating by officials but more like when they came down to making the Eric Martin suspension if they unfavorably viewed our program and it made their decision easier.

Or when Beebe said with a straight face that Ben Cotton was not being attacked. Or Rex. Or that an outside agency re-viewed the aTm game and that it was called fairly. Or when we get an extrordinary amount of PFs called against us, if there may be some proof that Beebe has instructed the officials to watch our "aggressive style of play"

obviously the people making or paying MILLIONS of dollars may know somethng is up

if we get screwed on officiating it will be obvious to a nationwide audience......does the Big 12 want to get egg on their face and risk total disrespect and be seen as crooked?? i don't think this "loser" conference can stand any more scrutiny.

I think this story can only help us. If they were trying to "fix" the game they are going to have a lot of problems trying to do so now that Vegas is bringing it to national attention and the whole countries eyes will be watching.

By the way, the article is for insider ESPN people only; Kevin read some of it on air today––it's MUCH worse than the part which is quoted.

This stuff is getting crazy, people. And not in the good way. Vegas is buying into the 'theory'.

The question is, where is Vegas buying this theory from? Message boards? Beebe's henchman? Who?