Sooner respect

The University of Oklahoma president has sent this to Nebraska newspapers:

“Dear Editor,

“It is very appropriate that the last Big 12 Championship game is between Nebraska and Oklahoma. The rivalry between the two universities is one of the greatest in American football history. All of us in Oklahoma have always appreciated the warm hospitality we have received over the years from Nebraska fans. The deep mutual respect between fans of these two special universities is an example of what sportsmanship should be all about.

“As the University of Nebraska begins new traditions in a new conference your friends at the University of Oklahoma wish you well.”

OU prez letter

Over the years I have made several friends who are OU fans. We mostly agree that it is rivalries like the UNL/OU rivalry that are the backbone of college football. Good to hear this from their President. Just too bad we have to play our last big 12 game in Texas in that gawd awful place built by Jerry Jones. The game belongs in Arrowhead Stadium which is centrally located and outdoors where football is meant to be played.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1:

Over the years I have made several friends who are OU fans. We mostly agree that it is rivalries like the UNL/OU rivalry that are the backbone of college football. Good to hear this from their President. Just too bad we have to play our last big 12 game in Texas in that gawd awful place built by Jerry Jones. The game belongs in Arrowhead Stadium which is centrally located and outdoors where football is meant to be played.

T_O_B

The last big 12 conference championship game we played at Arrowhead we lost to OU.

Oh S##t we lost the last one at Jerry's World.

T_O_B

The last big 12 conference championship game we played at Arrowhead we lost to OU.

Oh S##t we lost the last one at Jerry's World.

no we beat texass 12-10

Class. But about 15 years too late. Words are cheap, Mr. Prez. Where were you when the OU-NU rivalry was butchered?

The ou program just reeks of second rate trash. The OU brass, along with Deloss Dodds, pretty much caused this whole mess. Screw the cheating bastards and thier probation riddled program. I hope they fall into the big black hole they deserve. Once again, never did understand all the "lovefest" for OU with NU fans. Makes no sense.

T_O_B

It is above 60 degrees they are allowed to open the roof, so the game could be played outdoors. wacko.gif

Just too bad we have to play our last big 12 game in Texas in that gawd awful place built by Jerry Jones. The game belongs in Arrowhead Stadium which is centrally located and outdoors where football is meant to be played.

I completely disagree. What better way to say "good bye" to Texas than to play the conference title game in their backyard and they're watching on TV... Maybe they can get tickets...:) THIS is PERFECT (if we can win...:))!