Insight Bowl

First off, I'm new to HUSKERBOARD.com. So I will say Whassup to all members who've come before me :throwdabones1:

Now as far as possibly playing in the Insight Bowl or even the Alamo Bowl,etc.... To be quite honest, I'd rather pass on any bowl that's not a BCS bowl. This season was all about going to the BCS Nat'l Championship Game or at the very least the Fiesta Bowl on our way out of this god forsaken conference. Now that its definitely not going to happen for either the BCS NC or Fiesta Bowl, I really don't care to go to any bowl game. I'm sick and tired of going to the Holiday Bowl, Alamo Bowl, Cotton Bowl, or whatever TRASH CAN BOWL that is miles beneath the standard set by this program many moons ago..... If it ain't the BCS NC, Fiesta, Sugar, Rose, or the Orange I'd rather Dr. Tom and Bo sit it out, especially when our talent level is BCS Bowl caliber.

Remember, Husker Nation is one of the few programs in college football who's measuring stick is Conference Championships and Nat'l Championships. Everything else is irrelevant, particularly when we are loaded with talent like we are this year.

If we were a rebuilding program, then lower tier, trash can bowls are Ok, even understandable--as it serves as positive stepping stone for big and better things in the future. However, we're not rebuilding, we are a championship, BCS Bowl caliber unit and the Insight, Alamo, Holiday, Cotton route is unacceptable and should be declined on principle alone.

Insight has a great payout. Some on here opened my eyes to the payout. Somewhere above 6 million from my understanding. Welcome to huskerboard OG, but I couldn't disagree with you more. The bowl game is for the kids, they deserve it. We didn't live up to expectations, but what else is new, we've been doing that for 10 years now.

First off, I'm new to HUSKERBOARD.com. So I will say Whassup to all members who've come before me :throwdabones1:

Now as far as possibly playing in the Insight Bowl or even the Alamo Bowl,etc.... To be quite honest, I'd rather pass on any bowl that's not a BCS bowl. This season was all about going to the BCS Nat'l Championship Game or at the very least the Fiesta Bowl on our way out of this god forsaken conference. Now that its definitely not going to happen for either the BCS NC or Fiesta Bowl, I really don't care to go to any bowl game. I'm sick and tired of going to the Holiday Bowl, Alamo Bowl, Cotton Bowl, or whatever TRASH CAN BOWL that is miles beneath the standard set by this program many moons ago..... If it ain't the BCS NC, Fiesta, Sugar, Rose, or the Orange I'd rather Dr. Tom and Bo sit it out, especially when our talent level is BCS Bowl caliber.

Remember, Husker Nation is one of the few programs in college football who's measuring stick is Conference Championships and Nat'l Championships. Everything else is irrelevant, particularly when we are loaded with talent like we are this year.

If we were a rebuilding program, then lower tier, trash can bowls are Ok, even understandable--as it serves as positive stepping stone for big and better things in the future. However, we're not rebuilding, we are a championship, BCS Bowl caliber unit and the Insight, Alamo, Holiday, Cotton route is unacceptable and should be declined on principle alone.

I'm sorry - but this is just silly and makes no sense. Come on man.....let's not lose perspective - a 10 win season is not a bad season......and pretty impressive to have back to back 10 win seasons.

I for one am EXTREMELY disappointed - but am thankful for having a competitive team in EVERY game.......I can say with high confidence that NU will never be blown out as long as Bo is at the helm.

Insight has a great payout. Some on here opened my eyes to the payout. Somewhere above 6 million from my understanding. Welcome to huskerboard OG, but I couldn't disagree with you more. The bowl game is for the kids, they deserve it. We didn't live up to expectations, but what else is new, we've been doing that for 10 years now.

Insight bowl decided that they wanted to be taken serious and not see Iowa State/Kansas every year. They up their payouts and now get higher picks from the conferences. The Holiday Bowl is now one of the more mediocore bowls out there.

Insight bowl decided that they wanted to be taken serious and not see Iowa State/Kansas every year. They up their payouts and now get higher picks from the conferences. The Holiday Bowl is now one of the more mediocore bowls out there.

The crapping things is that this game on frickin Tuesday night, starts at 9pm CENTRAL..... I guess im gonna hungover for work the next morning, damn you bowls on the west coast.

Did any of you guys see the team quit this year. Did it ever appear they were not trying.

I never did, I saw a team that wanted to win, did everything it could to try and win, played through every play and gave us everything they had. I for one will support any bowl they go to, applaud them for their efforts. They have worked nearly every day for a year to be able to attend a bowl game, win a NC and CCG. Things did not go as they planned or we dreamed.

Not supporting them in what ever bowl game is quitting on the team in a way. I know none on here are doing that.

Not as pretty as we wanted, but a date is better than setting at home.

• Fire 3