Starting to dislike this game.....

I love to watch college football. Love to root for my Huskers. But honestly, the goings on of the last couple years has soured me on it all.

From the split up of the Huskers and the big 12, and all the drama from :01 to today's bad bowl assignment. To Reggie Bush, Cam Newton and every other scandal surrounding the game..

It's hard enough to worry about the on field stuff. I'm exhausted from caring about all the off field stuff.

I've never been glad a season was over before. But I am this year. I need a break and hopefully will regain my spirit next year.

Yeah, I feel College football has sort of been blemished over the past few years, and I think the BCS and the Bowls and the polls are part of it.

It's not as pure as it should be. I do think it'll help to get in to the Big Ten, hopefully more positive energy.

I love to watch college football. Love to root for my Huskers. But honestly, the goings on of the last couple years has soured me on it all.

From the split up of the Huskers and the big 12, and all the drama from :01 to today's bad bowl assignment. To Reggie Bush, Cam Newton and every other scandal surrounding the game..

It's hard enough to worry about the on field stuff. I'm exhausted from caring about all the off field stuff.

I've never been glad a season was over before. But I am this year. I need a break and hopefully will regain my spirit next year.

Yeah, I feel College football has sort of been blemished over the past few years, and I think the BCS and the Bowls and the polls are part of it.

It's not as pure as it should be. I do think it'll help to get in to the Big Ten, hopefully more positive energy.

Unfortunately, and for the first time in my life, I feel the same way. I've never felt so wronged and disapointed. This year was a nightmare with an unforgetable ending. I can't seem to get excited for the bowl game. What do we even gain from beating or loosing to Washington? And I can't believe I feel this way. If we would have lost that last game by being outmaned or had less talent, I could stomach that, I don't believe that to be the case. I've been on the Bo wagon since he got here, but that game actually changed my feelings towards the entire coaching staff, and I really hope it changes again. This bowl game just isn't as big as that game was. I'll watch it on TV, im sure. But I told the wife, I don't care to go to the bowl game, I just can't get very excited for it.

I kinda feel the same way..... Leading into A&M game was pumped about the season and thought winning at College Station would be an ingredient to successful end of the season. After that loss, I mustve fell of the deep end. I had very little confidence in us beating CU convincingly. I actually thought losing to CU would be the best thing for our team, just one less game for us in Big 12. Then we can focus on the bowl game and next year instead of 1 more game to play. For the first time in my husker life, I couldnt wait for the season to end, part of it couldve been the conspiracy theory, but Ive never blamed a game on the refs before. I think I was just ready to move on to the Big10 and was tired of all the crap, the rumors, the constant shots of Bo ripping TFart a new one.

After the OU game, I felt relief for the first time. I basically am taken it as the season is over. The team didnt live up the expectations set by Bo and the staff. Sadly I think it was some of the staff that handicapped the team. For the bowl game, Im not even excited, not gonna do a husker party, prob wont even drink during the game, it doesnt help its on a Thursday Night. I prob just hang out on HB during the game.

Bring on the 2011 season.

blame the internet and the big 12.

I, like many people got burnt out. There was too much drama surrounding the good stuff (actual football) this year. Take away social networking and message boards and we all go to work and talk about football around the water cooler for a few minutes a day. It's a lot easier to get excited about the football when there aren't all the bylines and other crap that doesn't really materialize into relevant information. instead a few message boarders stir up some rumors, social media gets a hold, emotions peak and valley more in one week than they used to in an entire season. It's exhausting.

I actually quit reading news articles and quit checking boards as much after the Texas game. I think it helped, in fact I might consider message boards and news an offseason interest next year.

I'm emotionally exhausted from this season.

There's just too much out there. Too much information, too much to think about, too much to digest (especially if you're on messageboards). I refuse to look at HB on a Saturday or Sunday after a game, but then when I come back I've missed out on a lot. This offseason will do me good.

• Fire 1

There's just too much out there. Too much information, too much to think about, too much to digest (especially if you're on messageboards). I refuse to look at HB on a Saturday or Sunday after a game, but then when I come back I've missed out on a lot. This offseason will do me good.

That is sort of how I feel also Landlord. Well put.

The whole A & M Pelini meltdown and all the media coverage surrounding that, all things Taylor Martinez after the K-State game, laying major eggs offensively in every big game we had (and lost) this year that was nationally televised. I had high expectations this season and was NOT expecting everything that happened this year. I keep telling myself the Big 10 with be a new start. A fresh perspective if you will. I pray I don't see some of the same things I did this season next year when we start in the Big 10.

Definitely agree about that this year. Too much drama. And at the same time to curious not to try to find out.