My look at the Big 10 future

I know I am just a fan but I really think we have options going into next year. I mean we could still run our Offense and shread the Big 10 Defenses, (Michigan did it but they had NO Defense to stop anyone). I have no dout that we can start using some of those nice Big 10 style O-lineman here for an even better O-line for the future.. I like our Offense now when its clicking but I love Wisconson's Offense even better.

As far as Defensive I think we can get back to playing a some what normal style of Defense. it will only get better and stronger with Pelini here. I mean he is an Ohio guy right. All I am saying is I think and know we could win 11 games next year maybe more..

:bonesflag:

Eleven wins would be amazing, but I just don't see it.

On offense, we lose Helu, a couple from the o-line, don't know who our QB will be, don't have many playmakers at WR (Kinnie...maybe?), the offense can't do anything against an average defense (only against D's ranked 80-120).

On defense we lose, Amukamara, Allen, Hagg, Gomes, with the possibility of losing Crick and Dennard.

This is just off the top of my head...there could be more I am missing. I understand that Bo has put out great defenses the last two years, so while I'm not as worried about the defense, that is still alot of players to lose to automatically say our defense will be great again.

And I have absolutely no faith in our offense. The talent we have doesn't seem to be getting better and the results definitely don't seem to be getting better...well, unless we are against a defense ranked 90th in the country.

Sorry, I just don't see it. I think it will be a rough year. Six to eight wins will be my prediction now. I can probably get a better picture as September 2011 gets closer.

My take...

TOSU - We will be tough again next year. Lose some defense, but offense should be better. We generally replace anyone we lose on defense very effectively. We have been very fortunate there. We are expecting another good run next year. The year after next is the unknown imo.

Wiscy - They could lose every O-lineman in their 2 deep and still field a great O-line. They grow on trees...errr...dairy farms up there. Always a tough game, road or home.

MSU - Their history is "Sparty being Sparty". Zero consistency. However, I think Dantonio may be changing that. Will be a tough game. I do not know their personnel situation however. Couple of good rbs, but we did not face them this year. Sorry, best I can do with them and only saw their Notre Dame game and parts of others.

Iowa - Always a tough game, if you're PSU. They seem to not show up in a lot of games. They really make me scratch me head. Lots of talent, but lose when they shouldn't. Really never know until the game gets under way which Iowa got off the bus.

M*ch*g*n - hahahahaha...Ok, Denard is pretty good and so is...Well, they do play 11 guys on defense. I've actually never counted. Maybe they only had 9 out there. Wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway. I believe they will have a new coach, but I could be wrong. It's pretty much full blown Civil War in that fan base from what I've seen on their boards.

PSU - I think they're going to be better next year. Always field, at the very least, a competent defense, usually a good one. And they're offense will be a year older and better imo. Rumors of a split inside the coaching staff. Have no idea if it's true or not, but if it is, that's never good for a team.

NW - Everyone around the country still calls these guys a "bottom feeder". I don't get it. They are as scrappy a team as there is. Should've beaten Auburn in their Bowl game last year, even after throwing 5 ints. On any given Saturday, they can beat anyone in the Big Ten+2. Ask Iowa. And I don't see that changing. Love their coach too.

Minnie - Awesome new stadium from all accounts. But yeah, they don't have Maroney and Barber any more...

Purdue - M*A*S*H unit every year. Have no idea how good or bad they would be if they could actually stay healthy.

Indiana - Decent, sometimes good offense. Don't have the athletes to win many, but are capable of giving a lot of teams a scare.

In conclusion, I think you guys are capable of winning every game on your schedule with a year's more maturity. Don't think you will, but there are no games here that you will be "outclassed" talent-wise by any means. I think Wiscy will be the toughest game, in Madison. Wiscy will almost certainly want you at night and to me it is the toughest place to play in the country. TOSU game should be second toughest. You get us at home, but we will be experienced with tough roads games, with lots of upperclassman and with an earlier OOC trip to Miami.

Just my take. I don't break down film for a living so take it FWIW...

• Fire 1

My take...

TOSU - We will be tough again next year. Lose some defense, but offense should be better. We generally replace anyone we lose on defense very effectively. We have been very fortunate there. We are expecting another good run next year. The year after next is the unknown imo.

You lose a few guys to graduation from a great D. Do you think tOSU’s defense will fall off much? What do you have coming up to replace the two CBs, two LBs and SS you lose this year?

(btw, Nice top level B10 breakdown in your post above. +1 to you.)