Should have been CO-Defensive Player of the Year

Prince was the best defender on THE BEST DEFENSE. Miller was the best defender on a not so good defense. although somehow Watson made them look like a wrecking crew...hmmm

The same Defense that Made 3 goal line stands from 1st and Goal inside the 5 against OU? The same OU who beat y'all? I'm not going to argue with you that the Aggies had a better defense, that would be stupid. Even so, what the hell does the rest of the team have to do with it? It's about ONE PLAYER. And again, Von is a game changer. Teams have to literally account for him on EVERY PLAY...run or pass.

Miller did nothing for the first half of the season. I don't care that he was injured, it has to be taken into account. Prince was out there for every single snap on defense shutting down WRs.

You know who else knew "he didn't do anything for the first half of the season?" the 51 panelists for the BEST LINEBACKER IN THE NATION AWARD. Don't give me that crap. MAn is an absolute beast, and again, I'm not claiming he should be DPOY INSTEAD of Prince. I'm saying with his presence, it should have been a shared award.

No need to get your little panties in a twist. Who cares what the Butkus award voters did? Alex Henery wasn't even a finalist for the Groza award behind some morons who couldn't kick extra points. It's asinine. Miller's stats for the first 6 games. Stephen F. Austin-1 assisted tackle; La Tech-2 assisted tackles; FIU-3 solo tackles; OSU-1 solo 1 assisted tackle 1 fumble recovery; Arkansas (finally something!)- 6 tackles, 3 for loss, 1 sack; Missouri- 6 tackles, 1 sack. So for the first half of the season he had 2 sacks and 20 tackles Would you like me to post what Lavonte David did over that time? Or Jeremy Beal? Or even Jared Crick?

Miller did nothing for the first half of the season. I don't care that he was injured, it has to be taken into account. Prince was out there for every single snap on defense shutting down WRs.

You know who else knew "he didn't do anything for the first half of the season?" the 51 panelists for the BEST LINEBACKER IN THE NATION AWARD. Don't give me that crap. MAn is an absolute beast, and again, I'm not claiming he should be DPOY INSTEAD of Prince. I'm saying with his presence, it should have been a shared award.

No need to get your little panties in a twist. Who cares what the Butkus award voters did? Alex Henery wasn't even a finalist for the Groza award behind some morons who couldn't kick extra points. It's asinine. Miller's stats for the first 6 games. Stephen F. Austin-1 assisted tackle; La Tech-2 assisted tackles; FIU-3 solo tackles; OSU-1 solo 1 assisted tackle 1 fumble recovery; Arkansas (finally something!)- 6 tackles, 3 for loss, 1 sack; Missouri- 6 tackles, 1 sack. So for the first half of the season he had 2 sacks and 20 tackles Would you like me to post what Lavonte David did over that time? Or Jeremy Beal? Or even Jared Crick?

I'm gonna go with....not playing on a sprained ankle?

Regardless, this thread was obviously a waste with posters like you. I get it, you are so blindly loyal to your players you won't see past it and listen to other arguments. Fact is, Von Miller just won an award for the best Linebacker in the Country. Makes sense he should be at least sharing the award for best defender in the conference.

Regardless, this thread was obviously a waste with posters like you. I get it, you are so blindly loyal to your players you won't see past it and listen to other arguments. Fact is, Von Miller just won an award for the best Linebacker in the Country. Makes sense he should be at least sharing the award for best defender in the conference.

So you've now given up your argument that he actually did something over the first half of the season? Good, that's progress. You're the one being blindly loyal here. I've posted what Miller ACTUALLY DID. All you have is the same vague and unprovable "oh he impacts every play" BS that Yankee fans like to trot out when talking about Derek Jeter. The facts don't back up your argument. You were right about one thing though, this thread is a waste, because you're wrong.

I've watched Von play for 2 years, and the man is a beast. Unfortunately, stats don't tell the whole story. Most Husker fans will point to Prince's mediocre stats and say they don't tell the whole story because QB's don't throw towards him. This is a legitimate point.

Yes, Von was injured for the first half of the season. He did not start out very well, but came on strong about halfway through the season, right around conference play starting up. His stats again, don't tell the whole story. The man is a disruptive force in the backfield. It's what he does and, I feel like a broken record, has to be accounted for on every play. It's one of the reasons he's so impactful as a defender.

And for the record, no reason for you to get snippy and condescending. I'm just defending my player and why I think he should be sharing the award with Prince.

I've watched Von play for 2 years, and the man is a beast. Unfortunately, stats don't tell the whole story. Most Husker fans will point to Prince's mediocre stats and say they don't tell the whole story because QB's don't throw towards him. This is a legitimate point.

Yes, Von was injured for the first half of the season. He did not start out very well, but came on strong about halfway through the season, right around conference play starting up. His stats again, don't tell the whole story. The man is a disruptive force in the backfield. It's what he does and, I feel like a broken record, has to be accounted for on every play. It's one of the reasons he's so impactful as a defender.

And for the record, no reason for you to get snippy and condescending. I'm just defending my player and why I think he should be sharing the award with Prince.

And maybe watching Miller and being an Aggie fan, you're inclined to overrate what he's done. I don't know, but I think it's possible. As for Prince's stats, he had no picks this year, but he was third in the country in pass breakups even with the few passes that were sent his way. I'm not saying Miller isn't a good player, but he didn't have the year most people expected him to from a sack standpoint. I guess I don't see the point in complaining, I certainly hope Nebraska fans aren't on an Oklahoma board complaining that the AP gave DPOY to Beal.

And for the record, you started getting snippy with this:

You know who else knew "he didn't do anything for the first half of the season?" the 51 panelists for the BEST LINEBACKER IN THE NATION AWARD. Don't give me that crap.

Texas A&M - 27th in points allowed, 20.3 ppg

Nebraska - 8th in points allowed, 17.2 ppg

Von Miller

•  
  • 59 tackles
  • 34 solo
  • 3 forced fumbles
  • 9 1/2 sacks

Lavonte David

•  
  • 145 tackles
  • 77 solo
  • 10 pass break-ups
  • 6 sacks

Yes? I'm confused as to what point you're trying to make...

Is it...

1) Nebraska has a better D? (In which case I would agree with you, although most Aggies are simply ecstatic in the turnaround from last year to now)

2) David has better stats? (Which is true, but stats don't tell the whole story...jsneb83 pointed out the fallacy in that argument, or I could point to, again Prince's mediocre stats and how that is a completely incomplete picture as well).

Please don't think I'm being snarky, but posting stats without a message doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

AgMarauder, did you watch every game LaVonte David played in?

I watched a lot of them...might have seen him play more than Von. (Here's how...)

Married a Husker, who cares about no Husker sports except Football. We watched just about every game either at home, or went to a Houston Husker watch party. I do remember hearing that kid's name...A LOT.

A&M wasn't televised as much as Nebraska.

I'm not disparaging any Husker player, and I probably made a mistake of posting here. My only point was that I think Von was just as much a disruption to opposing offenses as Prince Amukamara. I guess I was expecting that revealing that he won the Butkus award would lead credence to the belief he should have at least had a share of the award. Obviously, I was wrong.

This thread is a waste period. Most of us don't care about your gripes of first team snubbing...we don't. Alex Henery's snub of the Groza is 10x the injustice of whatever it is you're crying about. Bad ankle or not those games figure into the stats and it cuts down the per game tackles and sacks. And you can't moan about us being loyal to our players when you are doing the same thing. Alex Henery is going to go down in the books as the single most accurate kicker in college football HISTORY! Yet he won't win the award for the best kicker of the year. Sorry but Von Miller's situation pales in comparison so I don't really have much sympathy. Nice rant though...

This thread is a waste period. Most of us don't care about your gripes of first team snubbing...we don't. Alex Henery's snub of the Groza is 10x the injustice of whatever it is you're crying about. Bad ankle or not those games figure into the stats and it cuts down the per game tackles and sacks. And you can't moan about us being loyal to our players when you are doing the same thing. Alex Henery is going to go down in the books as the single most accurate kicker in college football HISTORY! Yet he won't win the award for the best kicker of the year. Sorry but Von Miller's situation pales in comparison so I don't really have much sympathy. Nice rant though...

1. Didn't think I was ranting, sorry if it came accross that way.

2.Henery not being a finalist for the Groza is WAY worse than this, I won't dispute that. Henery should be up for Kicking AND Punting. Dude is money and should be the highest drafted kicker EVER.

3. STAFF, feel free to delete this thread if you want and I apologize for my idiocy...it happens from time to time.