Email From TO about Watson

Just thought I would share this response I received from Tom Osborne regarding a email I sent pleading for him to fire Watson (Which I knew would not do anything but it felt good to write to him about it) Here it is:

Your e-mail is somewhat reminiscent of some that I received in the early 90’s wanting me to fire Charlie McBride and others on my staff. We then proceeded to win 60 games and lose 3 over the next 5 years and such talk subsided considerably. We have won 29 games in 3 years and may very well win 30. Very few coaching staffs have won 10 games a year in their first 3 years, and that would include some of the greats of the profession, such as Bear Bryant, Woody Hayes, Bo Schembechler, etc.

I wish you well. I thank you for caring.

Best wishes,

Tom Osborne

Tom Osborne

Athletic Director

University of Nebraska

One Memorial Stadium

Lincoln NE 68588

402-472-3011

402-472-9675 fax

So he won’t fire Watson which we all knew so lets pray everyday that Watson gets a job elsewhere this offseason otherwise it will be another close but no cigar year next season.

Go Big Red!!

It's ridiculous that you felt the need to write this email. Asinine actually.

Do you not think the Athletic Department is in his good hands?

If Tom Osborne feels a change should be made I am sure he would speak with Coach Pelini.

But ultimately that is a decision that Coach Pelini has to make. If your going to send an asinine email it should have been sent to Coach Pelini.

I love Tom Osborne as much as any man can love another man in a non-homosexual way. He is the poor man's Coach Wooden.

I have to admit, as much as I'd like to see changes on the offensive side of the ball, the fact that TO doesn't think it's an issue actually makes me feel better.

And what if he does think its an issue? Do you honestly think he's go to reply "Yeah, Watson sucks a big one, we're trying to get rid of him as soon as we can. Thanks for caring."? This was a form letter, go ahead and send him a complaint about any coach on staff, you will get the same exact response word for word.

• Fire 1

And what if he does think its an issue? Do you honestly think he's go to reply "Yeah, Watson sucks a big one, we're trying to get rid of him as soon as we can. Thanks for caring."? This was a form letter, go ahead and send him a complaint about any coach on staff, you will get the same exact response word for word.

WIth all respect, I think you're wrong. If he really didn't care for Watson, he wouldn't have responded. Frankly, the fact that he DID respond at all is a surprise, so a nonresponse would have been completely ambiguous. The fact that he came out in support of Watson speaks volumes, IMO, especially because it would seem to make it harder for the team to try and get rid of Watson if that was their intent.

Maybe you should send one to Bo..... you know to make sure. I'll save you the time.......

YOU THINK YOU KNOW EFFIN MORE THAN ME YOU STUPID EFFIN IDIOT. YOU EVER SEND ME ANOTHER EFFIN EMAIL ABOUT EFFIN ANYTHING AND I'LL SEE TO IT THAT YOU NEVER SEND ANOTHER EFFIN EMAIL AGAIN YOU EFFIN IDIOT. :LOLtartar

I lol'ed!!

Soooo..

Mosskid

What's Toms email address?

None of my friends or family ever seem to reply back to my emails.

Maybe he will remember me.

I did not email him directly all I did was email the AD department and a few days later I got this response from Anne saying it is a message from Tom. So they don't have a direct email to him but it went to the AD office. You can go to Huskers.com and I selected the "ask the Athletic Department option